• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

I'm pleased that the Harleys are kinda sticking with Bryan Smith's IndyCarKawi this season, which has won pretty much all the Miles last & this year

that bike/rider combo is so strong.....

Indian has their work cut out for them, that's fo sho!

Do the people running XRs still need to replace the main bearings after every race weekend? That's gotta get expensive.

Fundraising link for Stevie Bonsey's medical expenses. He's a great kid from Salinas who has finished as high as 4th in the 125GP World Championship races, won indoor short track races, AMA Pro Flat Track short track and half mile nationals. He was on the podium at the Sacramento Mile this year. Bonsey is recovering from injuries sustained in a racing incident with Brad Baker at last weekend's Springfield Mile. I donated and I hope you will consider a donation.

Last edited:
I'll donate the sales proceeds from 2 brand new, embrodered ladies' shirts to Stevie's Fund:

[a] size gals' M, blue, 2nd-year [2011?] "Calistoga Half-Mile" polo

size gals' M, black, 1st-year [2011?] "Sacramento Mile" polo

Attachments

• IMG_0922.JPG
    IMG_0922.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0923.JPG
    IMG_0923.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0925.JPG
    IMG_0925.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0927.JPG
    IMG_0927.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0928.JPG
    IMG_0928.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
X-Games FT on ESPN

Thursday, June 02, 5:30 - 8:00 PM PT

Moto X Step Up Final

Harley-Davidson Flat-Track Racing Round One/LCQ/Final

The only streaming option I can find is to buy $9.99 X Games app. :nchantr

Might have to go the new bar down the street to watch tomorrow night.

edit: Consarnit! I'm a week off.

Oklahoma City Mile Saturday, June 18th from Baja Kansas.

Entire program streamed LIVE for FREE on FansChoice.TV.

All times PACIFIC:

1:00 pm -2:40 pm AMA Pro GNC2 & GNC1 Practice and Qualifying

5:00 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Heat 1
5:10 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Heat 2
5:20 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Heat 3
5:30 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines Heat 1
5:40 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines Heat 2
5:50 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines Heat 3
6:00 pm Intermission
6:10 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Semi 1
6:20 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Semi 2
6:30 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines Semi 1
6:40 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines Semi 2
6:50 pm Intermission
7:00 pm GNC2 Main Intro
7:10 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Race (12 Laps)
7:30 pm GNC1 Main Intro
7:40 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines Race (25 Laps)

Last edited:
X games high lights on now. Watching FT now.

Edit ABC

Indian Motorcycle Racing announces historic return to AMA Pro Flat Track

They did pick a damn good man to do the development. "Multi-time AMA Grand National Champion Jared Mees will join the Indian Motorcycle Racing Team as a test rider in 2016. Mees, 30, won the AMA Grand National Twins Championship in 2009, AMA Grand National Singles Championship in 2012, the unified AMA Grand National Championship (GNC1) title in 2012, 2014 and 2015, and is current X Games gold medalist."

"The Indian Motorcycle Racing Team will contest the series with an all new and proprietary liquid-cooled Scout FTR 750cc four-valve V-Twin competition engine specifically designed for flat track and engineered into a specially built chassis."

Next year should be interesting.

Last edited:
Indian Motorcycle Racing announces historic return to AMA Pro Flat Track

They did pick a damn good man to do the development. "Multi-time AMA Grand National Champion Jared Mees will join the Indian Motorcycle Racing Team as a test rider in 2016. Mees, 30, won the AMA Grand National Twins Championship in 2009, AMA Grand National Singles Championship in 2012, the unified AMA Grand National Championship (GNC1) title in 2012, 2014 and 2015, and is current X Games gold medalist."

"The Indian Motorcycle Racing Team will contest the series with an all new and proprietary liquid-cooled Scout FTR 750cc four-valve V-Twin competition engine specifically designed for flat track and engineered into a specially built chassis."

Next year should be interesting.

mebbe this news rates a BOOM !! -
only time will tell......

Big news. The Yamaha, HD's new bike showing lots of potential and now Indian jumping in at the deep end with Mees a test rider. What a great time to be a flat track fan.

Big news. The Yamaha, HD's new bike showing lots of potential and now Indian jumping in at the deep end with Mees a test rider. What a great time to be a flat track fan.

This!

Any idea why the AMA is not posting the races to their YouTube channel this year? Last year all the races went up within a week or so.

Still nothing on the AMA Pro YouTube channel but they do have the recent Mile races on the AMA Pro page at FansChoice.TV. Downside, they aren't labeled very well.

Brad Baker at Valencia's Spanish flat track inaugural

".....between the Lima Half Mile and the Charlotte Half Mile.....The American star will compete Saturday, July 9, on the Valencia quarter-mile oval and the next day in Sunday´s TT event.....

.....The just-completed oval is an exact replica of California´s famous Lodi Cycle Bowl quarter mile.....the series runs under rules basically identical to those of AMA Pro Flat Track GNC2 and on 19-inch tires supplied by Dunlop....."

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2016/Jun/160615thsx.htm

Last edited:
Bumping for the OKCity Mile tomorrow. New venue. Will anyone beat Smith on a Mile this year?

Still nothing on the AMA Pro YouTube channel but they do have the recent Mile races on the AMA Pro page at FansChoice.TV. Downside, they aren't labeled very well.

It looks like they've started posting them this week. :banana

Bumping for the OKCity Mile tomorrow. New venue. Will anyone beat Smith on a Mile this year?

What can I say? I ride a Kawasaki, so my hope is the answer will remain, "no." :teeth

I venture that Bryan'll win all/the majority of the 2016 Miles -
if these races really are defined by spec, allegedly '70-hp tire',
then builder Howerton's tuning skills become self-evident......

--------------------------------------------------

separately, the running Indian FTer rollout can't come to fruition soon enough for me !!

Cushion Track!!!! Pick a line and gas it. Watching Baker here will be awesome.

Back