• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Anyone want to carpool over to the race this weekend? I'm in Mountain View and looking for a ride.

-Tom

you're in luck

Tuono Joice has surrendered her Audi A7 limo for my trip up there & I've 2 empty seats [meaning you + 1 other fan are welcome to join in]

current plans see us departing RWC 3pm -
AMA Pro schedule details may force an adjustment, no biggie

unless a hurricane hits, regardless of the weather forecast, we're going !!

Last edited:
They can't race in the rain. Been watching the forecast. Earlier this week the forecast was for rain all day, now its less than 20% chance of brief showers so it seems to be improving. Steady rain is bad. A short rain shower may not be a problem beyond some delays in the schedule.

Best scenario would be just enough rain early in the day to form a nice wide cushion track.

Thanks for the info. I purchased tickets to the Calistoga mile last year only to have it cancelled due to fire.

The family and I are going to be in Sacramento for a baby shower Saturday anyways :party But I'm going to be really bummed if this one gets rained out. Purchased some table seats for the four of us since its probably the only motorcycle event we'll be attending this year...

That makes me happy. :teeth

Good looking bike.

harley-davidson-xg-750r-flat-tracker-1.jpg

X-Games FT on ESPN

Thursday, June 02, 5:30 - 8:00 PM PT

Moto X Step Up Final

Harley-Davidson Flat-Track Racing Round One/LCQ/Final

Thanks for the heads up.

bout time huh??

Amazing they have held on with an old design for so long.

Spanish are getting serious about FT racing.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sent on behalf of On Track Motorsport:

Barcelona, Spain (May 27, 2016) - Spain's inaugural national flat-track series, the Copa RFME de Flat Track, will offer its top riders more than a national title.

At the invitation of AMA Pro Racing, organizers of the world's most prestigious flat-track series, the premier Pro class champion will be flown next March to Daytona Beach, Florida, to take part in the opening round of the 2017 AMA Pro Flat Track championship at Daytona International Speedway.

The agreement reached on May 25 between AMA Pro Racing and On Track Motorsport, promoters of the new Spanish series, includes airfare and all basic expenses, plus assistance in fielding a race-ready, single-cylinder 450cc race bike.

Additionally, champions and runners-up in each of the Rookies and the Masters categories of the Spanish series will be invited to compete in two internationally known short-track events:

Champion and runner-up in the Rookie class will compete in the Superprestigio of Barcelona at the Palau Sant Jordi, a race won last year by 2013 AMA Pro Grand National Champion Brad Baker by the narrowest of margins over four-time Grand Prix World Champion Marc Marquez.

Champion and runner-up in the Masters class for veteran riders will enjoy the experience of competing in the "100 Kilometers of the Ranch" in Tavullia, Italy, a race won in 2015 by the track owner, nine-time Grand Prix World Champion Valentino Rossi, and his brother, Luca Marini.

On Track Motorsport CEO Iana Petrova believes these opportunities "will not only reward but also motivate Spanish riders who hope to eventually earn a place among the elite in this traditional and exciting discipline."

The opening round of the RFME Flat Track Cup will be held on July 9 and 10 at the Ricardo Tormo Grand Prix circuit. The flat-track oval is in the construction phase and is an exact replica of the famous Lodi Cyclebowl in Central California.

For more information, please visit the official website for the Copa RFME de Flat Track at http://www.flattrack.org and RFME's website at http://www.rfme.com/.

Excellent news! It might make sense for up and comers here to compete there prior to going GNC2. Shorter distances between races, plus Spain seems to really understand how to develop riders for the international stage.

Somebody asked Nicky Hayden what's his favorite Honda ever. His MotoGP champ bike? No. The RC51? No.

The Honda RS750. :teeth

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 9.50.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 9.50.35 PM.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 34
Good news about the Spanish DT series.

Watching Springfield live right now. http://www.fanschoice.tv/watch-live/ama/flat-track

I'm pleased that the Harleys are kinda sticking with Bryan Smith's IndyCarKawi this season, which has won pretty much all the Miles last & this year

that bike/rider combo is so strong.....

Indian has their work cut out for them, that's fo sho!

Both Mains were thrilling. Biggest story of the day was teenage rookie Davis Fisher doing so well on the new XGR. There were a lot of very impressive rides but that kid should get double extra credit for how hard he's riding that bike and making the new platform look good.

Best wishes for a quick recovery to Stevie Bonsey.

I understand the Babe DeMay Yamaha blew up early in practice at Sacramento (before I got to the track). They didn't make Springfield either. Hope that program is OK. I'm a big fan of Colindres and they have done a lot with that bike.

Any idea why the AMA is not posting the races to their YouTube channel this year? Last year all the races went up within a week or so.

Back