• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

DAMN I hate to see a red flag with that great of a race going.

Thankful for the red flag as I was holding my breath for twenty laps. Same for the last five. Both Mains were fantastic.

Thankful for the red flag as I was holding my breath for twenty laps. Same for the last five. Both Mains were fantastic.

Sure hope some others watched. That was a fantastic race.

Yep the buffering is winning tonight.:(

the buffering is also symbolic, emblematic of all the non-Kawi tuners waiting for the new Indians to become available

po' suffering BB#6.....

hey DB, thx for posting up the schedule details

Last edited:
Great race, half-empty grandstand

says a lot about the Sturgis crowd that they don't fill the park for an event like this

Corey Texter provides a nice riding impression of the new Indian FT racer at CycleWorld.com.

had an opportunity to ride the new Indian FTR750 after last weekend’s Charlotte Half-Mile, round nine of the AMA Pro Flat Track Grand National Championship, in which I finished ninth in the 25-lap GNC1 Main Event. I had one goal: make sure I was faster than Indian test rider and friend Jared Mees. No, I am totally kidding. My objectives were to keep it on two wheels and have fun. Mission accomplished.

cw0816-indian-ftr750-racebike-test-image-12_1.jpg

Salinas, Brisbane, Sunnyvale, Fremont all repped in the Black Hills National... pretty cool to see the Bay Area talent playing.

That Indian is pretty.

Peoria TT tomorrow!

Wiles-Peoria-2013.jpg

Heats begin at 2:00 PM CDT, noon PDT. What's Henry at so far? Seven in a row, or is it eight? When do they have to start racing twins at this event?

Eleven straight for Wiles as of 2015.

Proposed rules say twins for GNC1 next year at all events. There are some rumors that either the jump will have to changed or their are doubts about this event continuing which is a crime. Peoria is one of the oldest motorcycle races in the country and is a very special part of FT heritage and a reason for the present resurgence. Peoria highlights are very popular shares on Facebook. The video of that circus act save Brad Baker made two years ago was shared over 20,000 times on Facebook.

The great thing about Flat Track is the variety of track types (ST, TT, Mile, Half Mile) and surfaces which produces such great riders. It the series becomes mostly Mile races with a few half miles, its not the same. More TTs and short tracks are needed, IMO.

Last edited:
Eleven straight for Wiles as of 2015.

Proposed rules say twins for GNC1 next year at all events. There are some rumors that either the jump will have to changed or their are doubts about this event continuing which is a crime. Peoria is one of the oldest motorcycle races in the country and is a very special part of FT heritage and a reason for the present resurgence. Peoria highlights are very popular shares on Facebook. The video of that circus act save Brad Baker made two years ago was shared over 20,000 times on Facebook.

The great thing about Flat Track is the variety of track types (ST, TT, Mile, Half Mile) and surfaces which produces such great riders. It the series becomes mostly Mile races with a few half miles, its not the same. More TTs and short tracks are needed, IMO.

I agree, looking forward to twins back on the TT's. Loved Houston's TT with the twins. The throttle does go both ways.

Watching practice. Baker, Wiles, Mees are fast. Waiting to Colindres who was third last year, won this race as a rookie in GNC2 and won the Castle Rock TT twice setting faster times than Wiles. He attributes his success on TTs to his time racing with SupermotoUSA. I attribute his speed to being such a badass.

And this is why they should not have kids on mini bikes at a pro race. I have to leave in an hour, and this delay is going to make it close, I may have to miss the GNC1 final. :mad Can't hit the record button on Fanschoice. Hope they have the video up tomorrow.

I guess it safe to talk about Peoria. No spoiler on the winner in this post.

Extremely talented 22-year old racer Dominic Colindres of Brisbane was seriously injured during his heat race at Peoria. Dom has was on the box at Peoria in the GNC1 class last year and had won the race in GNC2. He won two heat races against established pros in the GNC1 class last year which pretty much unheard of for a rookie. The kid is a racer through and through; racing flat track and supermoto and winning at both disciplines since he was a youngster. I've also seen Dom working with kids and new riders at Garrett Willis's dirt schools.

Colindres has a a tough road ahead and any help would be appreciated.

The Class of 79 is an organization that supports injured flat track racers. EVERY DOLLAR donated goes directly to the injured racer. I donated to Stevie Bonsey's recovery earlier this year through their site and I'll be donating to help Dom's needs. Please consider helping one of the racers that makes Flat Track so exciting.

http://www.amaft79.com/dominic-colindres-fund.html

DC_wave-L.jpg

Last edited:
Yo! I Got Your Flat Track Right Here!

Central New York Half Mile today. FREE Live Streaming on FansChoice.TV

All times Eastern.

6:00pm AMA Pro GNC2 Heat 1
6:08 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Heat 2
6:16 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Heat 3
6:24 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 GNC1 Heat 1
6:32 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 GNC1 Heat 2
6:40 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 GNC1 Heat 3
6:48 pm Intermission

6:58 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Semi 1
7:06 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Semi 2
7:14 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 Semi 1
7:22 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 Semi 2
7:30 pm Intermission

7:50 pm AMA Pro GNC2 GNC2 Race 1 (16 Laps)
8:15 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines GNC1 Race 1 (25 Laps)

Loving the echo chamber. :laughing

Bumping for the Dominic Colindres fund a few posts up. Any help would make a difference.

Bryan Smith was DQ'd from his finish (lost all points and purse) at the Central New York half mile for an infraction involving ballast at the rear wheel. Details are still coming. This leaves Mees with a 35-point advantage with just the Springfield and Santa Rosa Miles left on the schedule. Springfield in ten days, Santa Rosa in just over one month.

I did some flat track racing for my first time last weekend. CFTA had an outlaw race in Carson City so I threw some numbers on my pit bike and raced it in the 100-230cc class. It was so much freakin' fun.

14034696_1150651381672588_2514561671154078032_n.jpg

Bryan Smith was DQ'd from his finish (lost all points and purse) at the Central New York half mile for an infraction involving ballast at the rear wheel. Details are still coming. This leaves Mees with a 35-point advantage with just the Springfield and Santa Rosa Miles left on the schedule. Springfield in ten days, Santa Rosa in just over one month.

Wow had to dig to find any think on the AMA site on the DQ. This should be big news and buried.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 11.37.33 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 11.37.33 AM.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 33
Back