• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Awesome, (rubs hands together) another convert. I heard that was a really cool event at Carson City. CFTA is a good group.

Wow had to dig to find any think on the AMA site on the DQ. This should be big news and buried.

AMA posted the notice where they post all the infractions which should all carry equal weight. Its the job of Flat Track Live or CycleNews or CycleWord or others to report news or publicity.

AMA posted the notice where they post all the infractions which should all carry equal weight. Its the job of Flat Track Live or CycleNews or CycleWord or others to report news or publicity.

right you are, Sir !

wonder who protested?
over exactly what "rear wheel" hardware?
was bike raced as teched, pre-race - or changed after tech?

Last edited:
It's illegal to add weight? I can see how on a slippery track that having a heavier rear wheel might make it easier to hook up. :dunno

Cross posting:

Flat Track invitational in Auburn Saturday night 8/27. Multi-time National Speedway Champ Billy Janniro, 2-time National Supermoto Champ Gage McAllister, AMA Flat Track race winners Briar Bauman, Mikey Rush and more will be there racing for $5,000 purse.

For that kind of money Janniro is going to beat up on those skinny kids.

It's illegal to add weight? I can see how on a slippery track that having a heavier rear wheel might make it easier to hook up. :dunno

Illegal to add ballast to a moving part (wheel weights for balancing a tire excepted). Another rider was DQ'd earlier this year for having water in the rear tire which is a sneaky way to add ballast to the rear wheel. Supposedly Howerton had some modifications to the rear wheel on Smith's bike that were questionable. Team claims they had approval from AMA. Doesn't mean they were running the same set up at New York as when approval was received. I'm guessing they had some way of adding ballast that was more than just welding more weight onto the wheel.

It's illegal to add weight? I can see how on a slippery track that having a heavier rear wheel might make it easier to hook up.

yup, that's exactly it. adjust to the track surface, smooth out the power delivery so the tire stays hooked up, similar to the quick change flywheels on the new Indian motor.

I understand in the old days racers would sometimes take it to extremes so in the interests of safety, max weight rules were implemented.

Just a heads up for the Springfield Mile this Sunday.

Schedule for tomorrow:

all times Pacific (PT)

Practice/Qualifying: 8:15 a.m. PT

Heats: 2:30 p.m. 11:30 a.m. PT
GNC2 Main: 1:15 p.m. PT
GNC1 Main: 1:45 p.m. PT

I guess it safe to talk about Peoria. No spoiler on the winner in this post.

Extremely talented 22-year old racer Dominic Colindres of Brisbane was seriously injured during his heat race at Peoria. Dom has was on the box at Peoria in the GNC1 class last year and had won the race in GNC2. He won two heat races against established pros in the GNC1 class last year which pretty much unheard of for a rookie. The kid is a racer through and through; racing flat track and supermoto and winning at both disciplines since he was a youngster. I've also seen Dom working with kids and new riders at Garrett Willis's dirt schools.

Colindres has a a tough road ahead and any help would be appreciated.

The Class of 79 is an organization that supports injured flat track racers. EVERY DOLLAR donated goes directly to the injured racer. I donated to Stevie Bonsey's recovery earlier this year through their site and I'll be donating to help Dom's needs. Please consider helping one of the racers that makes Flat Track so exciting.

http://www.amaft79.com/dominic-colindres-fund.html

DC_wave-L.jpg

Missed this. Just sent Dom $100 Bux from barf.
Heal up young man.

^^ Thats great budman. :thumbup:thumbup

Cycle News says Joe Kopp will be giving the Indian 750 its racing debut at the Santa Rosa Mile of September 25

Awesome. Kopp hasn't lost any speed. Santa Rosa is going to be great.

OMG, Best Tread Ever... Flat track racing

It has to be done, to know what it is. (or learn what it is) :)

Smth's appeal of his DQ at New York was upheld by AMA Pro Racing and his points have been reinstated. Bryan Smith now leads Jared Mees by two points headed into the season finale at the Santa Rosa Mile. Both Smith and Mees have four victories this season.

Smth's appeal of his DQ at New York was upheld by AMA Pro Racing and his points have been reinstated. Bryan Smith now leads Jared Mees by two points headed into the season finale at the Santa Rosa Mile. Both Smith and Mees have four victories this season.

awesome

now the GNC showdown is for realz !!

Game on in Santa Rosa!! :thumbup

Back