• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Getting ready to race now. Should be a good night of racing.

Not dropping any spoilers yet.

I'm seeing photos on Facebook and Instagram of the crowd at OKC. Wow. The announcers said it was sold out but that place was packed. Somebody did an extra good job promoting this event.

Not dropping any spoilers yet.

I'm seeing photos on Facebook and Instagram of the crowd at OKC. Wow. The announcers said it was sold out but that place was packed. Somebody did an extra good job promoting this event.

It looks like a top notch venue. :thumbup

Tape up your tank and helmet, grab an extra large handful of tearoffs and wear some old leathers because the Lima Half-Mile is all about pea gravel cushion and not keeping things pretty. Love this track.

Watch live on FansChoice.Buffering.Buffering.Buffering.TV.

All times Eastern. (Subtract 3 hours for the Best Coast)

Saturday, June 25th.

7:30 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Heat 1
7:38 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Heat 2
7:46 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Heat 3

7:54 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines Heat 1
8:02 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines Heat 2
8:10 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines Heat 3

8:26 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines Dash For Cash
NOTE: Mees promotes a race and the Dash is back. Good for you #1.

8:34 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Semi 1
8:42 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Semi 2
8:50 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines Semi 1
8:58 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines Semi 2

9:26 pm AMA Pro GNC2 Race 1 (16 Laps)
9:50 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines Race 1 (25 Laps)

84_L0626D2-326.JPG.jpeg

Last edited:
GNC1 Heat Race 2. DAMN just Damn, that was racing.

They're doing such a great job with the track. Heats were awesome. Can't wait for the Semis and Mains.

Great race, right guy won after the restart. Hope me and DogBoy were not the only two watching.

Haha. I'm sure there were others unless there was a Lawrence Welk Show marathon on TV to divide the FT demographic.

Very good racing. Bummed for a certain cushion riding expert/madman who has such terrible luck at this track.

Insightful article from Kevin Cameron at CycleWorld.com about Flat Track's accessibility.

Racing’s creative source is the number of people who wish to participate, for it is from among such eager beginners that future stars, builders, and tuners must come.

Insightful article from Kevin Cameron at CycleWorld.com about Flat Track's accessibility.

Good read. :thumbup I hope we can get more BARFers out to the Santa Rosa Mile in September to experience this racing first hand.

Need an FT fix during the long break before Charlotte? Watch Brad Baker race the new RFME Flat Track championship in Spain. Live streaming is available:

AMA Pro Racing press release with links to live streaming.

The oval track race on Saturday will be streaming live on http://dirttrack.motobuykers.es/ starting at 4:00 p.m. ET (1:00 p.m. PT). Commentary will be mostly in Spanish but with English language updates from time to time.

On Sunday the same riders come out again to do battle, this time on the TT variant of the same circuit. Start times will be announced on http://dirttrack.motobuykers.es/.​

Watching the Spanish dirt track live stream (link in post above). Looks like an amateur race here in the U.S., as expected. Still pretty damn cool that Brad Baker is over there helping grow the sport in Europe. He's really commited to Flat Track. I'm guessing if you asked MotoGP fans anywhere in the world to name just two active American racers, the answers would be Nicky Hayden and Brad Baker thanks to SuperPresitgio and the growth of FT.

Break is over! Charlotte Half Mile this evening. All times eastern.
FREE live streaming on FansChoice.TV

3:00 pm GNC2 Practice 1
3:20 pm GNC1 Practice 1
3:40 pm GNC2 Qualifying 1
4:00 pm GNC1 Qualifying 1
4:20 pm GNC2 Qualifying 2
4:40 pm GNC1 Qualifying 2

6:30 pm GNC2 Heat 1
6:38 pm GNC2 Heat 2
6:46 pm GNC2 Heat 3
6:54 pm GNC1 Heat 1
7:02 pm GNC1 Heat 2
7:10 pm GNC1 Heat 3

7:18 pm Intermission

7:28 pm GNC2 Semi 1
7:36 pm GNC2 Semi 2
7:44 pm GNC1 Semi 1
7:52 pm GNC1 Semi 2

8:00 pm Intermission

8:30 pm GNC2 Main Intro
8:40 pm GNC2 Race 1 (16 Laps)

9:05 pm GNC1 Main Intro
9:15 pm Harley-Davidson GNC1 presented by Vance & Hines GNC1 Race 1 (25 Laps)

Last edited:
Indian's new racebike makes public debut at Stugis. Beautiful bike. Complete build shows how compact the engine is. Carbon fiber tank/airbox cover/seat/fender is teh sexy. Bike may or may not race this year. If it does, we might see it at the Santa Rosa Mile at the end of September. New bikes from HD and Indian plus Kawasaki actually spending money to put their name on Smith's bike is good news. Not sure what Yamaha is doing. The FZ-07 is a good package but could use some official support, especially with all these other brands committing. Ducati and Triumph aren't going away.

Great time to be an FT fan. Note not everyone in the pictures is a grey hair. The crowd at the Sacramento Mile the last two years has trending much younger. (Of course, the crowd couldn't get much older. :laughing )

I like where this is going.

Photos courtesy of Flat Track Live from Facebook.

indian_s_ft_debut.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking bike. Add lights and make it street legal, may have to sell the Ducati.

Wouldn't want anyone to miss the finals in Olympic Mixed Doubles Badminton tonight* but I'm still going to recommend watching the Sturgis Half Mile live streaming for FREE on FansChoice.TV this evening.

All Times Pacific

6:00 pm AMA Pro GNC2 GNC2 Heat 1
6:08 pm AMA Pro GNC2 GNC2 Heat 2
6:16 pm AMA Pro GNC2 GNC2 Heat 3
6:24 pm GNC1 Heat 1
6:32 pm GNC1 Heat 2
6:40 pm GNC1 Heat 3
6:48 pm Intermission
6:58 pm GNC2 Semi 1
7:06 pm GNC2 Semi 2
7:16 pm GNC1 Semi 1
7:24 pm GNC1 Semi 2
7:32 pm Intermission
7:42 pm GNC2 Main Intro
7:50 pm GNC2 Race Main Event(16 Laps)
8:10 pm GNC1 Main Intro
8:20 pm GNC1 Race Main Event (25 Laps)

NOTE: The AMA Pro Flat Track Peoria TT, the best damn motorcycle race anywhere, is this Sunday.

*Seriously, mixed doubles badminton is part of tonight's Olympic program.

Wouldn't want anyone to miss the finals in Olympic Mixed Doubles Badminton tonight* but I'm still going to recommend watching the Sturgis Half Mile live streaming for FREE on FansChoice.TV this evening.

All Times Pacific

6:00 pm AMA Pro GNC2 GNC2 Heat 1
6:08 pm AMA Pro GNC2 GNC2 Heat 2
6:16 pm AMA Pro GNC2 GNC2 Heat 3
6:24 pm GNC1 Heat 1
6:32 pm GNC1 Heat 2
6:40 pm GNC1 Heat 3
6:48 pm Intermission
6:58 pm GNC2 Semi 1
7:06 pm GNC2 Semi 2
7:16 pm GNC1 Semi 1
7:24 pm GNC1 Semi 2
7:32 pm Intermission
7:42 pm GNC2 Main Intro
7:50 pm GNC2 Race Main Event(16 Laps)
8:10 pm GNC1 Main Intro
8:20 pm GNC1 Race Main Event (25 Laps)

NOTE: The AMA Pro Flat Track Peoria TT, the best damn motorcycle race anywhere, is this Sunday.

*Seriously, mixed doubles badminton is part of tonight's Olympic program.

Just an FYI I copy and pasted to my FB page.

PS, everyone need to go see Peoria LIVE.

The Buffering...:rolleyes

Back