• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

What a finish! Goosbumps.

Impressive debut for the Indian...and Joe Kopp. Waiting to hear what caused him to drop back in the Main but Heat and Dash performances were very impressive.

Related to Indian, make sure you are sitting down and not drinking a hot beverage if you see some headlines about who is riding for what team next year. Expect announcements by tomorrow morning.

I thought it was already announced that Mees will be riding for them. More? If their debut was any indication, this could bring the term "wrecking crew" back into vogue.

:wow

On that note, have I ever mentioned what a big fan I am of Brad Baker? The more I watch that kid, the more I like him.

:wow

On that note, have I ever mentioned what a big fan I am of Brad Baker? The more I watch that kid, the more I like him.

Next time you're bored watch the GNC1 Main from last year's Indy Mile on FansChoice. The track had a nice cushion and watching Baker attack via the high line was spectacular. I've watched it four times. :laughing

Some sad news was just confirmed. GNC2 racer Charlotte Kainz succumbed to her injuries from a crash at the Santa Rosa Mile. RIP.

Wow.... that is a wrecking crew.

Be interesting to see Harley's response. Better step up orange and black.
The green already slapped them in the face this year so....??

I've got to believe that this indicates that the riders believe the package will be competitive, and that Indian/Polaris is willing to spend money.

Yeah, I'm thinking there's not a lot of steady paychecks in flat track.

huh... a new TT on the schedule next year, inside the Daytona oval:

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Sept. 26, 2016) - An exciting change is happening to one of Daytona International Speedway's (DIS) most popular Bike Week events. Daytona International Speedway is proud to announce that American Flat Track will debut its 2017 season inside the "World Center of Racing" on a one-of-a-kind .6-mile TT course. The DAYTONA TT, scheduled on the evening of Thursday, March 16, will feature powerful, twin-cylinder motorcycles in the AFT Twins class, while spirited single-cylinder machines will battle it out in AFT Singles.

Damn. More bad news. 17 year old Kyle McGrane also passed away as a result of a crash at the Santa Rosa Mile.

JD Beach throws down on FT's sanctioning body:

".....The sanctioning body can coast through the off-season, change their name to American Flat Tack and completely change the class structure and racing format, but the tracks will still be an issue.....

.....The whole day the track was horrible. The riders got cut short on track time because AMA Pro couldn't get everyone parked in time. This isn't the best way to run things. We all know it. AMA Pro Racing has GOT to know it.

In the last two out of three nationals two serious crashes could have possibly been avoided with better track prep. Since when is timing so important to AMA Pro Racing? They aren't on live TV, they weren't bumping up against impending darkness (Santa Rosa has no lighting) So why? Why was the track not prepped? Why were the water trucks not running? We deserve answers
....."

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2016/Sep/160927jdbeachop.htm

Saw that on FB. Good for JD Beach. As if there aren't enough reasons to like that guy already.

Back