• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Good racing. Mees looks strong.

Loved Buddy’s parade laps. :cool

Glad to see the work being done to try to keep the track together. Not sure if too much sand in the dirt to pack or just too dry in AZ. Hate to see it stretch out, but hope they do some track prep before the main event.

Motorcycle.com had a nice piece on Calistoga. It's funny, because I thought I saw Burns there. I guess I should have said hi.

Thanks for the link hun. Great read!

Mees rocks again. Dude has some moto magic going.
Baker a solid finish and Wiles podium was cool.

Lots of comments on the difficult track.
All home safe. :Port

Mees had it dialed from the start with that run around the outside. Haven't checked the lap times. Wonder if a full 25 lapper would have made the difference for Baker? Bauman and Wiles were putting on a good show. Fisher showed more potential.

Forecast for Sacramento next Saturday is a high of 80F or so during the day. If that forecast holds, conditions should be perfect for the Mile.

Sad that they have to ride on tracks like this. But glad to see the promotor and AFT did all they could to make it a safe show. Sacramento next week will be a different race.

I can't make Sacramento but will be at Lodi for the night before the mile race. If everything is normal the Lodi track will be one of the best the pros will ride on this year. Make the trip over check it out.

Sac Mile promoters just posted a message from Bryan Smith on Facebook: "...my Leg is healing fast and feels good, so I plan to return at Sacramento next weekend in hopes of making it 8 in a row!"

Maybe someone other than Mees will win a race this year.

I've been thinking about racing flat track for awhile now. Figured this would be a good place to ask a question to get pointed in the right direction...

Have a TTR125 set up with 17" wheels, which I hear is perfect for the mini class? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Located in the east bay.

Which mini class and which organization? Best advice is to attend a District 36 event or a Western Flat Track event and see what everyone is racing and how many classes or races your bike is eligible for. Some training from Feel Like a Pro Dirt isn't a bad idea if you have never raided flat track before even if you have lots of off-road or MX experience. Western Flat Track also runs clinics at some events.

AMA District 36 Dirt Track

Western Flat Track

Lodi Cycle Bowl warning website has LOUD autoplay audio.

Big Time Speedway at Prairie City southeast of Sacramento use to have classes for regular dirt track bikes and even a sort-of TT layout in addition to their speedway racing.

Fast Fridays in Auburn has run-what-you-brung class as an exhibition during their regular speedway events. Its mostly dual sports and 450s the times I've attended. There was a NorCal Short Track series racing in the North Bay but I'm not sure if they are still active.

Last edited:
I’m confused/disappointed RE: Finals vids on FansChoice.tv -
all I see online for 2018 are heats & semis.....

is there a NBC-induced delay/ prohibition for posting all Finals?

if so, how long before they’re posted?

I know NBC/AFT delayed on demand streaming of the Mains last year but those races were shown months later. I thought it would be different this season with the one or two week tape delay. You might be able to scroll through the AFT Facebook page to see if the races are still available.

If you missed the Twins Main event from Phoenix, just watch Lawrence of Arabia.

Next Superprestigio is confirmed for Dec 15th in Paris. Wonder what brand bike Zarco will ride? LOL.

Confirmed! Following the agreement reached between pha (Grand Prix de France) and rpm-Mktg, the superprestigio dirt track 2018 will be held in Paris on Saturday December 15 at the new stadium or arena. More info: http://superprestigio.fr/

thx for the heads-up

that new froggy site matches/beats AFT’s site right outta the box!

Paris is 1 of the few cities that can offer more fun than B’lona,
plus AirBnB rates are reasonable that time of year
& with affordable direct flites from SFO/SJO/OAK.....

do I smell a possible EuroBARF excursion ?

Thx for the heads-up

after enduring an hr of FansChoice inactivity, it was fun watching local yokels begin the buildup to the AFT Pros

now awaiting the big show @ The Sacramento Mile.....

Three weeks after breaking his leg in Texas, Bryan Smith is jut .2 off fast qualifier Jared Mees at the Sacramento Mile. Heats start at 6:00pm.

Back