• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Singles Main was excellent. Twins up next.

Three weeks after breaking his leg in Texas, Bryan Smith is jut .2 off fast qualifier Jared Mees at the Sacramento Mile. Heats start at 6:00pm.

Blows my mind that he was racing so soon after breaking his left leg. I really wanted him to win just because it'd be so rad to win again, with a busted limb.

For those who didn't make it out (and hopefully this isn't too self-promotional) we have Sac Mile coverage and a big pile of photos here.

A big thumbs up to CityBike for covering the Sacramento Mile.

The Singles Main was fantastic. Just what Mile racing should be. Really enjoyed the Twins Main which was more like a 130mph hand of poker.

So...Springfield I is this weekend. Saturday night is the AFT Singles-only Springfield TT which is part of a full night of racing including many of the top Twins racers grabbing some prize money as part of the Steve Nace All Stars series. Sunday afternoon the first Springfiled Mile of the season. AFT added a production Twins class for this race to fill out the program alongside the featured AFT Twins class. Production Twins is what it says (No XR750s, No New XG750s, no FTR750s) and only riders that have not scored points in the Twins class are eligible.

With Coolbeth keeping Mees honest all the way to less than a hundredth of a second at the checker in Sacramento and a healthier Bryan Smith, this may be the first Mees loss of the season. Or not.

Both the Springfield TT and Springfield Mile will be available for FREE live streaming on Fanschoice.TV and the tape delayed broadcast on the NBC Sports cable channel.

Enjoy.

Thanks, Steve. :thumbup

Midwest weather hits Springfield before the Semis. Rain delay forces postponement. Try again tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 2.04.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 2.04.51 PM.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 39
Mains events have started, track is fast.

The Twins semis were good. Fingers crossed for an exciting Twins Main.

my boy Carver!
hez an ol skul privateer who may well keep it up

Stollings99 will get there soon as well

Last edited:
Great win for Carver.

Has to be good for the sale of Indian FTR's. Good to see a private bike beat a factory bike even if it is a $50K bike.

The Red Mile at Lexington Kentucky is tomorrow (Satruday, June 2). Yeah, still expecting an all Indian podium but not the same faces and numbers. FREE Live streaming on FansChoice.TV and the American Flat Track facebook page.

Heats start 4:00pm
Semis at 5:30pm
Singles Main at 6:20pm
Twins Main at 6:50pm

all times PDT.

Has to be good for the sale of Indian FTR's. Good to see a private bike beat a factory bike even if it is a $50K bike.

Gotta look at the total cost, not just initial purchase price. Over the course of a couple seasons the FTR would be cheap compared to running an XR750 that needed an engine rebuild after every race weekend.

Gotta look at the total cost, not just initial purchase price. Over the course of a couple seasons, the FTR would be cheap compared to running an XR750 that needed an engine rebuild after every race weekend.

No question the FTR may be the biggest bargain in a race bike in a long time. Ready to race and not many engine failures. Maintenance on an XR or the cost to build a Kawasaki or Yamaha many well exceed the cost of an FTR.

There hasn't been any problem selling FTR750s. Interesting how much money poured into the paddock in the last year. At Calistoga last August I remember hearing rumors that Estenson had bought the first private FTR. Lewis was the first to race one at Texas.

Coolbeth, Carver, Cose, Wiles, Mulrooney, Fisher, Stallings, Pearson, Jones, and even Kolby Carlisle all had FTR750s for Springfield. Considering AFT rules declare the back-up bike has to be the same make the primary entry for Twins, that a lot of FTRs (BTW, Coolbeth's team has three of them). Estenson definitely has one or two FTRs but Johnson raced the Yamaha. Lewis was in Europe last weekend but I don't know if someone was riding the bike he rode in Texas last year.

pls help me here - why exactly must the backup match the primary?

I believe that rule is place to keep manufacturers happy. I think Michael Lock mentioned in an interview that manufacturers were less likely to commit $$ to the series if teams change from one brand to another in the middle of an event.

Well, Shayna's Heat, Semi were fantastic and the Singles Main was great. First AFT Heat win for the XG750R thanks to Sammy Halbert. Mees freight train continues.

Back