• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

cross posted from another forum:

Chris Carr said something about why no one is racing XR750s on Miles, the XG750R program, all these damn FTR750s, full face helmets, track prep, kids today and their damned cell phones, AFT purses, AFT tire rules, AFT noise rules, the state of FM radio, the number of Thom Duma Fine Jewelers commercials, track prep again, the gain on Scottie Duebler's microphone, Bubba's flag waving, why doesn't AFT race at DuQuoin every other weekend, 1980's import tariffs, why Brandon Robinson can't get a better nickname and why does everyone think these shitty microbrew IPAs are such a big deal.

I pretty much agree with him on the last one. :dunno

Without knowing the details of his comments on the 80's tariffs, I can't say if I agree or not, but I can say that all those 700cc bikes made about as much sense of Joan Claybrook's 85mph max speedometers. :afm199

Hey you kids, get off my lawn!!!!11111 :rant

aeb5c6_544c3af2489341cda03fa24699b2e039~mv2_d_3418_2279_s_2.jpg

Tomorrow is the last Saturday in June so it must be time for the incomparable Lime Half Mile. Grab that roll of tape, and that roll of tape, and that roll of tape, and a whole box of tear offs because this is pea gravel cushion racing at its finest. Say so long to whatever set of leathers you choose to wear one last time and enjoy the racing. Don't forget the big money George Roeder Memorial Dash for Cash is part of the program.

As always, there is FREE live streaming on FansChoice.TV and the American Flat Track Facebook page.

All times PDT

11:00am Practice and Qualifying

3:15pm Dash for Cash

3:30pm Heats begin

4:20pm Semi finals

6:10pm Singles Main Event

6:45pm Twins Main Event

Last edited:
Fun track to watch the action due to the surface and availability of alternate lines.

:thumbup

Briar Bauman and Zanotti Racing have an Indian Scout FTR750 on the entry list for Lima where Bauman won his first Twins National last year.

Odd that the race that Mees promotes will likely give him his stiffest competition. Bauman on the Indian is big news. Wiles is having a great season and he is a fantastic cushion racer. So is Baker and if Halbert is going to have a good race this year on XG750R, Lima is probably his best chance. Never count Robinson or Carver either.

I'm pumped about this race.

Briar Bauman and Zanotti Racing have an Indian Scout FTR750 on the entry list for Lima where Bauman won his first Twins National last year.

Odd that the race that Mees promotes will likely give him his stiffest competition. Bauman on the Indian is big news. Wiles is having a great season and he is a fantastic cushion racer. So is Baker and if Halbert is going to have a good race this year on XG750R, Lima is probably his best chance. Never count Robinson or Carver either.

I'm pumped about this race.

ooooh!!
now thatz some fascinating Injun intell - good catch

I agree about BB14z likely competitors, especially Slammin’ -
he & his fellow H-D factory riders are having a Rossi-on-Ducati kinda season

Full Schedule from AFT. Times are Eastern, I have added a few Pacific time in bold.

2:30 pm 11:30 am Pacific
AFT Twins presented by Vance & Hines
AFT Twins Practice
2:50 pm
AFT Singles
AFT Singles Practice
3:10 pm
AFT Twins Qualifying 1
3:30 pm
AFT Singles
AFT Singles Qualifying 1
3:50 pm
AFT Twins Qualifying 2
4:10 pm
AFT Singles
AFT Singles Qualifying 2
4:45 pm
Rider Autograph Session / Open Paddock
5:00 pm
Photo Meeting - Tech Tent
6:00 pm
Opening Ceremonies
6:15 pm 3:15 Pacific
AFT Twins George Roeder Memorial Dash
6:30 pm 3:30 Pacific
AFT Singles
AFT Singles Heat 1
6:35 pm 3:35 Pacific
AFT Singles
AFT Singles Heat 2
6:40 pm
AFT Singles
AFT Singles Heat 3
6:45 pm
Intermission/Track Prep
6:55 pm
AFT Twins Heat 1
7:00 pm 4:00 PM
AFT Twins Heat 2
7:05 pm
AFT Twins Heat 3
7:10 pm
Intermission/Track Prep
7:20 pm
AFT Singles
AFT Singles Semi 1
7:27 pm
AFT Singles
AFT Singles Semi 2
7:34 pm
Intermission/Track Prep
7:44 pm
AFT Twins Semi 1
7:52 pm
AFT Twins Semi 2
8:00 pm
Rider Autograph Open Paddock/Track Prep
9:00 pm
AFT Singles Main Intro
9:10 pm 6:10 PM
AFT Singles
AFT Singles Main Event (15 Laps)
9:35 pm
AFT Twins Main Intro
9:45 pm 6:45 PM
AFT Twins Main Event (25 Laps)

Last edited:
Bill, I forgot to change my Main Event time to Pacific. Just edited my post to correct that.

I believe Lima, OH is just three hours ahead of us.

Yes Lima is Eastern I fixed my 6 hr oops.

Yes Lima is Eastern I fixed my 6 hr oops.

I’m even more messed up time-wise,
trying to schedule watching 2nite (2morrow, actually)
as Tuono Joice & I are wrapping up 2 months in yurrip next week

cross-threading, the new MA on int’l YouTube relaxation is wunnerful!

Go Chad Cose !!

Go whomeverz on that Ducati !!

cross posted from another forum:

Chris Carr said something about why no one is racing XR750s on Miles, the XG750R program, all these damn FTR750s, full face helmets, track prep, kids today and their damned cell phones, AFT purses, AFT tire rules, AFT noise rules, the state of FM radio, the number of Thom Duma Fine Jewelers commercials, track prep again, the gain on Scottie Duebler's microphone, Bubba's flag waving, why doesn't AFT race at DuQuoin every other weekend, 1980's import tariffs, why Brandon Robinson can't get a better nickname and why does everyone think these shitty microbrew IPAs are such a big deal.

during the Singles Semi1 red flag, I reread the paragraph -
chock full o’win !!

Good night for Shayna Texter so far.

Surprised she (or anyone) could hang on through the rough stuff. Wild ride.

Briar Bauman has been able to put some heat on Mees in this first Twins Semi.

Great ride by Shawna and by Mees. Those riders are in shape to ride that track.

Back