• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Some big names from AFT are racing at Ocala, FL at the Gary McNary Memorial today starting at 2:30pm Pacific. Live streaming on FansChoice.TV.

I read on the WERA forum that PJ Jacobsen is at Ocalala today. Jacobsen hinted at returning to flat track racing rather than chase the very limited opportunities in the WSBK or MA paddocks.

Some big names from AFT are racing at Ocala, FL at the Gary McNary Memorial today starting at 2:30pm Pacific. Live streaming on FansChoice.TV.

I read on the WERA forum that PJ Jacobsen is at Ocalala today. Jacobsen hinted at returning to flat track racing rather than chase the very limited opportunities in the WSBK or MA paddocks.

thx for the tip - will watch

RE: PJ - bad & good news, all in 1?

I see reports on the ADVRider flat track thread that its raining in Ocala. Don't know how this affects the schedule.

Subscribing. Been into road racing a long time, but am discovering the joys of flat track now. Better late than never. :afm199

Subscribing. Been into road racing a long time, but am discovering the joys of flat track now. Better late than never. :afm199

some unsolicited pointers:

- attend FT & TT races locally [PJz dad runs a short track facility, IIRC]
- attend any & all pro-level AFT races within driving distance
- watch uTubez of past races @ Ascot, Lima, Sacramento, San Jose, Springfield
- sub to "Cycle News"
- read "Cycle World" site once-weekly
- enjoy.....

Last edited:

Welcome. I know you've contributed a ton of good info to the mini road race and supermoto forums for years. Hope we can return the favor.

American Flat Track is very active on Facebook and Instagram so they are a great place to get Flat Track news and race info. Most of the pro racers are active on social media as well. Hope to see you at the races.

some unsolicited pointers:

- attend FT & TT races locally [PJz dad runs a short track facility, IIRC]
- attend any & all pro-level AFT races within driving distance
- watch uTubez of past races @ Ascot, Lima, Sacramento, San Jose, Springfield
- sub to "Cycle News"
- read "Cycle World" site once-weekly
- enjoy.....

Thanks! I appreciate these pointers. I am living on the East Coast these days, so my local races will be a little different, but I very much would like to seek out some events and attend. Watching national races goes without saying :thumbup

Welcome. I know you've contributed a ton of good info to the mini road race and supermoto forums for years. Hope we can return the favor.

American Flat Track is very active on Facebook and Instagram so they are a great place to get Flat Track news and race info. Most of the pro racers are active on social media as well. Hope to see you at the races.

You may have me mixed up with someone else. I've been around BARF a long time and have participated and contributed here and there, but I'm afraid I can't take credit for much around minis or supermotos. Still, I appreciate this thread and the whole BARF crowd, which has kept me plugged into proper motorcycling and racing spirit through the cold and dark Northeast winters :)

I did confuse you with someone else. Welcome anyway. :p

The AFT website posted an interview with 2018 AFT Singles champ Dan Bromley. Pretty inspiring story of a guy with a full-time job winning the championship on a shoe string against some very well-funded competition. At several races, it was just Dan and his girlfriend with no other crew.

https://www.americanflattrack.com/news/view/aft-interview-dan-bromley

Lloyd Brothers motorsports posted on Facebook that they are looking forward to developing a chassis around the new KTM 790 twin. No formal announcement just a pic of the engine and a short post. I felt like they were beating their heads against a wall with Ducati the last several years so this is good news. Whether they are a factory team or have been offered some level of support remains to be seen.

Lloyd Brothers motorsports posted on Facebook that they are looking forward to developing a chassis around the new KTM 790 twin. No formal announcement just a pic of the engine and a short post. I felt like they were beating their heads against a wall with Ducati the last several years so this is good news. Whether they are a factory team or have been offered some level of support remains to be seen.

brah FastEddie won a Buell XB12 police bike
@ the AMA Pro FT's season-long drawing a few yrs back -
the whole thing was organized & administrated by the Lloyds,
who're super nice folks

they & their crew build racebikes that are, of necessity,
fully custom machines, as the Lloyds did with 2 or 3 different
2V Ducatis, a 4V Duc, even an Aprilia V-twin

Last edited:
Really nice article about Bromley. :thumbup

Cool...!

Nice to see Coolbeth staying involved and PJ coming back to his roots in flat track.

BTW... if you are interested in Vintage Flat track racing I have posted a few races in the Vintage Vid thread. Here they are

:cool x 10

Dv1HKZtXcAAB-vC.jpg

Back