• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Pretty sweet bike. That was featured in the little Red Bull documentary on Danny.

In other news Chris Carr stepped down at the Flat Track director of competition.

Was Carr trying to get the AMA to put Restriction Plates on the Indians, so Harley might have a chance again? :teeth

super unlikely - but funny [& sad, if you remember AMA rules changes]

my guess is that Chris' on-mike outburst last fall cost him dearly inside AFT -
he's a clear-eyed, no-nonsense guy who successfully campaigned in AMA Pro FT
as a privateer team owner for many years

Indian will be subject to running smaller intakes this year but so might Harley as those are the only "race" engines (non-production) as designated by the AFT rules. I think race engines are limited to 38mm intake this season.

There are rumors that HD is going back to a production engine for the XG750 rather than the custom heads with the twin cams they used last year.

Whether the restrictions will make any difference for FTR750 is debatable. All the Twins engines are capable of making more than enough power. How that power gets to the ground is what really matters.

Whether the restrictions will make any difference for FTR750 is debatable. All the Twins engines are capable of making more than enough power. How that power gets to the ground is what really matters.

Your last sentence is the key. My guess is that Indians must be especially manageable in getting power down coming off the turn. I will further speculate that the intake restrictions will only make a difference to the Indians on mile tracks, slightly limiting their ability to flow at WOT.

super unlikely - but funny [& sad, if you remember AMA rules changes]

my guess is that Chris' on-mike outburst last fall cost him dearly inside AFT -
he's a clear-eyed, no-nonsense guy who successfully campaigned in AMA Pro FT
as a privateer team owner for many years

Hell yes I remember them Changing the rules every year until you couldn't run a competitive Honda motor on the mile without rebuilding it every week. I made the commend because Carr was on the Factory team when they were crying about not being able to compete with the New Technology Honda.

NBC Sports Network interviewed Shayna Texter during the Daytona 24 hour live coverage tonight. AFT used the time to have Texter announce the Daytona TT layout will be revised this year to include asphalt on the banking of the tri-oval.

Should be a pretty cool track and suit 5-time National Supermoto Champ Gage McAllister who has put together a program to race the TTs and possibly some more events in AFT Singles for 2019.

NBC Sports Network interviewed Shayna Texter during the Daytona 24 hour live coverage tonight. AFT used the time to have Texter announce the Daytona TT layout will be revised this year to include asphalt on the banking of the tri-oval.

Should be a pretty cool track and suit 5-time National Supermoto Champ Gage McAllister who has put together a program to race the TTs and possibly some more events in AFT Singles for 2019.

ah - so I'm not the only 1 trying to watch that soggy enduro.....

separately, watching Alonso work it is awesome

Map8;10253581 How that power gets to the ground is what really matters.[/QUOTE said:
Dave Zanotti understands the science behind this really well. With factory backing now, Briar is absolutely going to be one to watch this year.

Heads up. FansChoice.TV has added a registration requirement for 2019. Its still free but you will have to provide an email address and password and login to view live streaming content. Haven't seen a press release or any announcement about the change, just the sign in box on their website.

Heads up. FansChoice.TV has added a registration requirement for 2019. Its still free but you will have to provide an email address and password and login to view live streaming content. Haven't seen a press release or any announcement about the change, just the sign in box on their website.

Thanks for the heads up. I just registered to avoid the rush on race day.

:thumbup

crossover news:

James Rispoli & Corey Alexander - Kawasaki-mounted for 2019 east coast AFTs

".........Rispoli, runner up to Brad Baker in the 2009 AMA Pro Singles Championship....."hopefully we can raise the support needed to make a full season".....

.....Alexander.....hopes to continue his progress in the singles class after scoring points in his first ['18 AFT] season ever.....

.....Hudson Valley Motorcycles.....supporting the duo with 2019 Kawasaki KX-450F’s.....in five to eight rounds
......"

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...dehvmc-freeman-racing-team-kawasakis-in-2019/

Just a reminder that the One Pro Race short track from Salem, OR, is this Saturday night on FansChoice.TV. SuperHooligans and a 450 Pro Class which is sure to attract some AFT racers.

Won't be the same production quality as an AFT race but better than nothing if you're home on Saturday night.

watching Minneapolis SX:

AFT-themed, 15-sec ad for E3 spark plug just played

watching Minneapolis SX:

AFT-themed, 15-sec ad for E3 spark plug just played

Not sure I have ever seen so many front runners take each other out. In the 250 LCQ. :wtf

I'm watching the One Pro Salem Indoor on Fanschoice.TV you traitors.

I'm watching the One Pro Salem Indoor on Fanschoice.TV you traitors.

What you never heard of multi-tasking?

Attachments

• IMG_9764.jpg
    IMG_9764.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 40
The Daytona TT is just over one month away.

AFT released this short promo video today looking back at 2018.

[youtube]mYuxcBN7LKk[/youtube]

Back