• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Got this little cartoon via a text and adjusted it. :teeth

Attachments

• Jesus.jpg
    Jesus.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 42
Rich Morris Racing will enter Mikey Rush of San Jose on an American Honda-backed CRF450R in the AFT Singles class for 2019. Thats big news for AFT.

The Singles class is going to be stacked this year. It also looks like Dalton Gauthier may return on a Husky.

[1] local boy makes gooder!

[2] one-time pot criminal back from exile & ready to ride

both these developments are super

Tall and Small.

Dan Bromley and Shayna Texter formally announced as the 2019 AFT Singles Red Bull KTM team. Red Bull coming to the paddock is a big deal. They promote their athletes on a level far above Monster Energy or any other sponsor.

thumb_72220_1280_768_0_0_auto.jpg

The Singles class is really stacked this year with some well funded teams: Red Bull KTM, American Honda and Estenson Yamaha all spending good money and hiring talent. In addition Kawasaki and Suzuki are offering big contingency dollars.

Last edited:
The singles class may be the best racing this year. Going to be a good year.

Three weeks for announcements before Daytona. There may still be a Husky team in the works for 2019.

Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys will be the first ever title sponsor of the AFT Singles class in addition to sponsoring four AFT events (DaytonaTT, Texas Half-Mile, SoCal Half-Mile, Laconia Short Track) during the 2019 season.

Lots of $$$ and talent pouring into the Singles class. Looks like its finally realizing the potential the class was supposed to have when the switch to DTX bikes was begun. Factory teams from KTM and Honda, big contingency from several manufacturers and now a title sponsor.

Last edited:
Holy (idiom expressing surprise)! Chad Cose will race the AFT Singles class in 2019 with backing from American Suzuki. Suzuki just posted some healthy contingency $$$s for all AFT classes, especially AFT Singles.

Win = $10,000
2nd = $7,500
3rd = $5,000

[edited]Tall and Small.

Dan Bromley and Shayna Texter formally announced as the 2019 AFT Singles Red Bull KTM team. Red Bull coming to the paddock is a big deal. They promote their athletes on a level far above Monster Energy or any other sponsor.

The Singles class is really stacked this year with some well funded teams: Red Bull KTM, American Honda and Estenson Yamaha all spending good money and hiring talent. In addition Kawasaki and Suzuki are offering big contingency dollars.

for me, the biggest thing was inside the press release:

.....Texter has been busy training in Florida over the past three months with renowned motocross and supercross trainer Aldon Baker.....

“.....I’ve suffered in the past with the TT’s and Aldon is really helping me get in the right mindset for those races,” Texter said.....

“.....The aim is for a sure a championship win. I’ve had a few seasons where I left some things on the table, I don’t want to do that again this year.”

https://www.cyclenews.com/2019/02/article/red-bull-ktm-launches-factory-flat-track-effort/

[edited]Holy (idiom expressing surprise)!.....Chad Cose will race the AFT Singles class in 2019 with backing from American Suzuki.....

this is especially cool for those of us who appreciate Fremont-based Chad,
whose career was truly reborn [saved?] by the FTR750

CC49 appeared @ my Buell groupz monthly gathering
10 yrs ago & I liked him immediately - as with San Josez Mikey Rush,
another previously-2nd-tier Nat'l # [despite 2 Nat'l ST wins],
itz been toil, toil, toil with little to show for it - for too many years

then the Injun customer FTer became available - a 'new' Chad suddenly showed up,
becoming a regular contender, hole-shotter, podium stander, etc.

before this 2019 season, a 450 ride was truly a step down in stature, competitiveness,
& income potential - for some, no longer!

Tall and Small.

thumb_72220_1280_768_0_0_auto.jpg

I thought, "Mutt & Jeff", when I saw this! :laughing If you don't the reference, get off my lawn!!! :afm199

The AFT season kicks off (slides off?) one week from tonight. The Daytona TT is next Thursday evening, the 14th. I count 64 entries for the Singles class so far. 23 Entries in the Twins class so far. Only 16 make the main in each class.

Quite the line up of guests for the Singles class in addition to the already super deep field of AFT regulars:

MX/SX/Supermoto/Superbikers/IndyCar legend
Jeff Ward - KTM

5x AMA National Supermoto champ
Gage McAllister - KTM

Moto America racers/road racers:
Corey Alexander - Kawasaki
Jake Lewis - Suzuki (finished 4th last year)
James Rispoli - Kawasaki
Nick McFadden - Yamaha
Xavier Zayat - Honda
Alex Dumas - Suzuki
Hayden Schultz - Honda

And Larry Pegram will race the Twins class on an Indian FTR750.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^Harbinger of a great season!^^^^^^^

Travis Pastrana to race the Super Hooligans event at the AFT Daytona TT on a Roland Sands-built Suzuki 750 water buffalo. #199 always finds a way to turn it up a notch to full crazy, no matter what he does.

Attachments

• pastrana2t-wild.jpg
    pastrana2t-wild.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 41
I hope they put some pod filters on that thing!

Back