• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

I’m driving down to SoCal early Sat a.m. 6/22 for Gene Romero’s celebration in Tuono Joice’s luxurious Audi A7, then returning Sat a’noon once it’s all done - 3 seats still available, wanna join me?

Surprised there wasn't much response here to the Red Mile. Excellent racing in the heats, semis and mains in Kentucky. I'm expecting all the Miles this season to be as good or better.

New track this weekend for AFT with the Laconia short track. New Hampshire International Speedway just built a wide, nicely-groomed, 1/4 mile short track for this event. Its possible the Singles will be faster than the Twins here. I know for sure, the Twins will be a handful. The track will reward the most aggressive racers. These are going to be short races. Have no idea why the schedule is so spread out with just the two classes racing on Saturday.

As usual, FREE live streaming on FansChoice.TV and the AFT Facebook page. Tape delayed broadcast on NBC Sports Network (cable) within a week or two.

All Times Pacific:

9:30am - Practice and Qualifying

12:05pm - Singles Heats

1:15pm - Singles Semis
1:35pm - Twins Semis

3:00pm - Singles Main
3:30pm - Twins Main

The Red Mile was awesome.

Loved the wide groove that not many actually used effectively except Briar. He is looking strong.

Fun stuff!!

The Red Mile was awesome.

Loved the wide groove that not many actually used effectively except Briar. He is looking strong.

Fun stuff!!

Briar Bauman is so fun to watch. Super talent and he keeps getting better.

Coincidence? AFT posted the Red Mile main events to YouTube around noon today.

[youtube]1AqP72RkOHE[/youtube]

The heats and semis are available on FansChoice.TV

I’m driving down to SoCal early Sat a.m. 6/22 for Gene Romero’s celebration in Tuono Joice’s luxurious Audi A7, then returning Sat a’noon once it’s all done - 3 seats still available, wanna join me?

bump for Burritto

list of Golden Age FTers attending keeps growing - major autograph session
#3 commemorative Ts, proceeds to Gene’s survivors
race bike display

2 seats available - come with us!

Nice cushion short track for AFT today. Its a bit rough in spots but allows for multiple lines at the moment. Can't wait to see the Twins on this track.

The track got rough but delivered plenty of drama and a surprise winner. Pretty good night of racing.

I just caught this same AFT release over on FB -
too funny as some comments dislike Roger Lee running #95.....
jeesh, fellas!

vindication!!

(quote above from pg 95 [ha!] of this thread, by the way)

Roger Lee (re)earned his National number
by making the Laconia ST main, finishing 8th -
dunno what # he’ll select, as both 69 & 95 already in use.....

It was pretty fun watching Roger harass Mees in the Semi.

It was pretty fun watching Roger harass Mees in the Semi.

I tried to stay up (Barcelona time zone),
but simply couldn’t -
looking forward to NBCSN replay once I return

GO Roger Lee !!

================================

Steve, can youse get offa work for Sacto Mile?

Was so cool seeing Roger Lee. My wife and I were there in person. I believe I also got to see him the last year AMA road racing came to Loudon -- I was corner working that time. So I guess I saw him racing the last and the first time pro racing came to NH in recent history. This was our first time watching flat track in the flesh and it was fantastic. So stoked that the sport is catching on a new wave of popularity here and abroad!

Was so cool seeing Roger Lee. My wife and I were there in person. I believe I also got to see him the last year AMA road racing came to Loudon -- I was corner working that time. So I guess I saw him racing the last and the first time pro racing came to NH in recent history. This was our first time watching flat track in the flesh and it was fantastic. So stoked that the sport is catching on a new wave of popularity here and abroad!

So glad you had a good time. Hope you can get to the Meadowlands Mile at the end of September. Nothing like seeing a Mile in person and that track is really Meadowlands track is really nice.

Lima Half Mile is this Saturday. Pea gravel cushion track offers a dozen lines and rewards WFO throttle and skill (and destroys leathers and paint).

Last year's Lima Half Mile:

[youtube]3XXfN0lm6t8[/youtube]

So glad you had a good time. Hope you can get to the Meadowlands Mile at the end of September. Nothing like seeing a Mile in person and that track is really Meadowlands track is really nice.

Definitely planning on it :thumbup

More Lima hype because this track always delivers a spectacular show. All three AFT classes are racing tomorrow and there is no way to pick a winner in any of them. The deep cushion allows so many lines and changes a lot during each race.

FREE live streaming in FansChoice.TV and the AFT Facebook page. If you miss some of the program, the Facebook live posts are available for a few hours after the event.

Schedule (All times Pacific):

1:40pm - AFT Singles Heats

2:10pm - AFT Production Twins Semis

3:30pm - AFT Singles Semis

4:00pm - AFT Twins Semis

4:40pm - AFT Production Twins Main

6:10pm - AFT Singles Main

6:40pm - AFT Twins Main

Last edited:
Shayna on the gas again won semi by over 2 seconds,

Love watching all the different lines and super aggressive riding on a cushion track. A few racers are really dialed in tonight.

That 2nd semi for the twins was scary to watch. High / low / line / flip / flop got too close.

Back