• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Awesome pic... can't wait to see that race.

Awesome pic... can't wait to see that race.

here are signed posters from some of em -
oh, I told JD & PJ about our separate following
of their combined FT/RR points:

JD laughingly protested that PJ was only on a 600
PJ groaned, thinking about his deep hole [which worsened]
Rocket said hez ready to play - anyone have a RR for him?

Attachments

• IMG_1926.JPG
    IMG_1926.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1927.JPG
    IMG_1927.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1928.JPG
    IMG_1928.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1929.JPG
    IMG_1929.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1930.JPG
    IMG_1930.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1924.JPG
    IMG_1924.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 55
My cousin-in-law and I are going to the Sacramento race next weekend... what time should we realistically get there? I want to watch the mains OBVIOUSLY and I don't necessarily want to be there all morning watching every single heat of every class - but I don't want to miss too much either.

So... what's the happy medium? I'm thinking around 5PM, to watch some of the Semi's and then all the mains....

Last edited:
I dug the super TT. That was a fun track for sure. Hope we see more of that in the future.

My cousin-in-law and I are going to the Sacramento race next weekend... what time should we realistically get there? I want to watch the mains OBVIOUSLY and I don't necessarily want to be there all morning watching every single heat of every class - but I don't want to miss too much either.

So... what's the happy medium? I'm thinking around 5PM, to watch some of the Semi's and then all the mains....

That sounds like a good plan. With each of the three classes having two semis and a main, you still see nine races in one night if you get there around 5:00pm. I'd add to be sure to check out the open paddock/autograph session. The AFT paddock is way more laid back than a MotoAmerica or WSBK or MotoGP race. The riders and teams are very approachable and make time for fans.

Weather could be really pleasant or very hot so dress and hydrate accordingly.

Last edited:
Great, thanks. I'll check the schedule for when the open paddock session is. Any trick to parking? I'll be in a truck, unfortunately. We plan on eating before getting to the track, then basically just having beer and hotdogs once we're there hahaha.

The Cal Expo fairgrounds charge for $10 parking and you must pay cash. Its a huge lot so finding spaces won't be a problem. Enter Lot D at the intersection of Exposition Blvd and Challenge Way. You can't miss it.

There are a number of large retail centers a few blocks away from the entrance near the track where you can park for free but its a bit of hike and you'd have to walk across at least one very busy surface street.

Upside is there are several restaurants in the immediate vicinity so that expands your options for food. The food at the track is overpriced and bad unless you bought Turf Club seats which includes a really nice buffet.

Got it, thanks... we're in the Box Section front row near start/finish.

We'll get dinner in Sac before, pay the $10 to park and get into our seats by about 5pm. Then, enjoy the show and drink some beer.

That was a great read. Thanks for the heads up Bill.

The So-Cal Half Mile is this Saturday, May 11th. As always, FREE live streaming on FansChoice.TV and the AFT Facebook page. Tape delayed broadcast on NBC SN in a week or so.

Some Notes:

The hard packed half mile provided some great racing last time AFT stopped by in September of 2017. JD Beach made a guest appearance and finished third on a Yamaha. Lets hope

- As with most of the Miles and Half Miles, the new Production Twins class is part of the mix this weekend as well as the SuperHooligans.

- One of the leading stories of the year has been the stunning comeback of Dalton Gauthier. The championship-leading team is a shoestring effort that started the season with borrowed bikes for the first two rounds before getting their Husky 450 ready for AFT Singles competition. The team only last week acquired another Husky 450 so they now have a back up bike but I'm not sure if fully built yet. This is just a three man effort: Gauthier, Robby McLendon of D&D Cycles and Garrett Willis multi-time champion in AFM/WERA road racing, flat track and supermoto and a respected rider coach.

Quite the David and Goliath story when competing against Red Bull KTM, American Honda, and well-financed efforts from Roof Systems and Monster Energy Estenson Yamaha.

SoCal Half Mile Schedule (All times Pacific)

2:15pm Practice

3:05pm Qualifying

4:40pm Singles Heat Races

5:10pm SuperHooligans Semis

5:35pm AFT Production Twins Semis

6:00pm AFT Singles Semis

6:20pm AFT Twins Semis

7:40pm AFT Production Twins Main (15 laps)

8:00pm SuperHooligans Main (10 laps)

8:20pm AFT Singles Main (15 laps)

8:50pm AFT Twins Main (25 laps)

SACRAMENTO MILE is just nine days away!

Last edited:
Got a tour of this yesterday. Also got to check out the #14 and #37 bikes up close, but no pics of those, sorry. Looking forward to Sac!

Attachments

• Indian.jpg
    Indian.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 53
Perris developed into a mostly one-line track but still provided some excitement. Some welcome competitive rides from the orange and black team.

Sacramento Mile Postponed.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (May 14, 2019) - Due to prolonged precipitation in this weekend's forecast for the Sacramento area, the Law Tigers Legendary Sacramento Mile presented by Cycle Gear powered by Estenson Racing has been postponed until Saturday, August 10, 2019.

"It is unfortunate that the rain has put a damper on what would've been a great weekend of racing," said Vinnie Delorenzi, promoter for SDI Racing. "We regret any inconvenience that this causes for our fans, and we look forward to hosting all attendees for an exciting day of racing on August 10th."

All pre-purchased tickets will be honored on the August 10th date. Those who require a refund should contact the ticketing department at Cal Expo Fair via boxoffice@calexpo.com. Fans and attendees with additional questions should direct them to info@sdi-racing.com.

So bummed but it's the right decision.

Lodi has canceled the night before the mile and the amateur mile on Sunday.

Lodi Motorcycle Club

NOTICE:
Weather conditions have forced a cancellation of the NIGHT BEFORE THE MILE and SACRAMENTO AMATEUR MILE Events on May 17th and May 19th.

Man, Sac's going to be toasty warm in August. Glad my buddy talked me into Turf Club seats! :thumbup

Man, Sac's going to be toasty warm in August. Glad my buddy talked me into Turf Club seats! :thumbup

true that - while performing research for the souvenir program @ 2011’s The Sacramento Mile, I discovered that back in the ‘60s/‘70s the race was in July & had a rep for blazing heat, so JC Agajanian promoted both spring & fall Miles annually for many seasons

I’m considering beach wear for this yearz edition.....

Back