• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Have I mentioned how much I like Brandon Robinson? So pleased to see him on a competitive bike.

Yup, Brandon Robinson has spent too much time dragging around some real anchors in recent years. Makes me even more excited for Springfield I on Sunday with so many competitive teams this year.

In other Flat Track news, there is plenty of speculation about KTM entering the Twins class late this year or next season. I haven't heard anything solid about them having built a framer Twin or if they have contracted with an established team to develop a bike. KTM never does anything half way so expectations are high.

In the mean time, all-around racer and 2-time SuperHooligan champion Andy DiBrino is racing a heavily modified KTM 790 Duke in the AMA SuperHooligan championship this season. The bike is damn cool and is only at the very beginning of development but its generated plenty of interest about how that engine will work on some of the AFT tracks in a decent chassis.

Here is his latest vlog detailing his race weekend at the SoCal Half Mile. Some discussion of the build and lots of great onboard video from the race.

[youtube]BacDg1Dhx2s[/youtube]

In other Flat Track news, there is plenty of speculation about KTM entering the Twins class late this year or next season. I haven't heard anything solid about them having built a framer Twin or if they have contracted with an established team to develop a bike. KTM never does anything half way so expectations are high.

In the mean time, all-around racer and 2-time SuperHooligan champion Andy DiBrino is racing a heavily modified KTM 790 Duke in the AMA SuperHooligan championship this season. The bike is damn cool and is only at the very beginning of development but its generated plenty of interest about how that engine will work on some of the AFT tracks in a decent chassis.

Here is his latest vlog detailing his race weekend at the SoCal Half Mile. Some discussion of the build and lots of great onboard video from the race.

way cool, thx for this post

returning to The Sacto Mile, there’ll be a huge Gene Romero theme, with special tix, Ts, bike display, etc. - itz all outlined in Chris Agajanian press release over on StuporBikePlanet (typing on unfamiliar iPad right now, can’t link)

Rain in the forecast for both Springfield events this weekend. In case the weather gods smile on AFT, the Singles class races the Springfield TT on Saturday evening. The race is run in conjunction with Steve Nace All Stars so there are several amateur classes on the bill as well as some outlaw pro classes. Lots of racing live for free on FansChoice.TV and the AFT Facebook page.

The Springfield Mile is Sunday afternoon with the same live streaming options. Should both events be rained out, the Labor Springfield Mile will likely be a double header.

This was a good video.

Schedules for the Singles TT today and Twins Mile tomorrow:

Saturday Springfield TT / AFT Singles

5:00 pm ET: AFT Singles Practice

5:40 pm ET: AFT Singles Qualifying 1

6:05 pm ET: AFT Singles Qualifying 2

7:30 pm ET: Opening Ceremonies

7:45 pm ET: AFT Singles Heats

8:55 pm ET: AFT Singles Semis

9:55 pm ET: AFT Singles Main

Sunday Springfield Mile / AFT Twins and Production Twins

11:00 am ET: Practice

11:40 am ET: AFT Production Twins Qualifying 1

12:00 pm ET: AFT Twins presented Qualifying 1

12:30 pm ET: AFT Production Twins Qualifying 2

12:50 pm ET: AFT Twins Qualifying 2

2:15 pm ET: Opening Ceremonies

2:30 pm ET: AFT Production Twins Heats

2:50 pm ET: AFT Twins Heats

3:25 pm ET: AFT Production Twins Semis

3:45 pm ET: AFT Twins Semis

4:40 pm ET: AFT Production Twins Main

5:20 pm ET: AFT Twins Main

well, I’m sure hoping their weather holds up both days
(& for The Indy 500, too)

a few yrs back, my IN-based bro & I watched the Sat nite Spfld ST,
spent the nite, & then hustled back to Indy for the 500

we plan to do the same kinda drive/watch/motel/drive/watch/motel/drive/watch in Aug:

Fri @ Lodi ST
Sat @ The Sacto Mile
Sun @ Sears Pt MA

Great race at the TT. JD in Super Singles BUT what about the 15-year-old in second !!! Dallas may be a future National Champ.

Edit, hope the rain holds off for tomorrow.

Last edited:
That TT track was really nice. I love that layout with the long sweeper. Glad to see JD riding so well. The AFT Singles race was a bit of a let down with Gauthier out and Sipes falling.

Dallas Daniels has also been racing the MotoAmerica Junior Cup where I think he has three second place finishes in four races.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Rain postpones the Springfield Mile. They will try again tomorrow.

@AmericanFlatTrk

⚠️ATTN FANS⚠️The 2019 Springfield Mile I scheduled to run on Sunday, May 26, 2019 at the Illinois State Fairgrounds has been postponed due to inclement weather and rescheduled for Monday, May 27, 2019.

Looks like the weather is good for the Indy 500 today.

Side note. I liked how the old fart winner of the Vintage class first thanked the track crew for a great track. Everyone takes for granted that the Springfield Mile will have a great track. It is a lot of work to have a great dirt track.

Springfile Mile I officially postponed to Aug. 31 which will be a double header Mile weekend in addition to the Singles short track.

AFT Twitter

AFT FANS: With additional storms called for in the weather forecast, the 2019 Springfield Mile I has been rescheduled for Sat. 8/31. The rescheduled event will provide fans with an American Flat Track doubleheader on Labor Day weekend.

A beautiful evening at the Lodi Cycle Bowl sounds like a good way to spend a Saturday night. Going to try to come down and watch.

Weather again. No complaint from me as I could not watch on the 1st. Will be a Lodi for our SMC race. Hope the weather is good on Sunday.

ATTN AFT FANS:
LEXINGTON, Ky. (May 31, 2019) - The 2019 Indian Motorcycle of Lexington Red Mile scheduled to run on Saturday, June 1, 2019 at the Red Mile has been postponed due to inclement weather and rescheduled for Sunday, June 2, 2019.

On-track activity is currently scheduled to begin at 1:00 p.m. ET with gates opening for fans at 12:00 p.m. ET.

Event promoters and AFT officials continue to monitor developments in the weather forecast and will communicate any additional information to fans via AFT's communications channels.

FansChoice.tv coverage will begin with the first rounds of practice at 1:00 p.m. ET.

Back