• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Rain this morning delays the Peoria TT. AFT plans to have bikes on track by Noon Pacific time.

Practice going. Twins just finished.

Cool to see Roger Lee out there.

Singles time.

Wardy is in practice 3. Go fast old man! :ride

A few different approaches to the jump by the Twins racers.

Got to talk with the track prep guy, works for the city, his 4th moto race prep.

I asked him about the lack of protection above the plastic K rail. We agreed that the insurance underwriter is THE source for safety regulations.
Every short track I've raced had plywood sheeting over the rodeo gates & open pipe fencing that had them.He agreed with me on this. Apparently this hasn't been a problem here yet. The plastic K rail has the ability to hold water, here with it pinned each section and wire cable holding it lengthwise it is empty to give it more flex like hay bales.
He took some interest that I was living across the street and was following track setup.
He did mention that the horse people don't like this location for the track is facing the sun in the turns, morning one end afternoon the other.??
They usually leave the arena open all week for the horsey set. Now cutting and packing a track, it is closed, no "practice" for me, , ,

Attachments

• IMG_1976.jpg
    IMG_1976.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 68
Cool stuff Oldguy. Jim Rice... :applause :cool

CDONA.. how big is that track??

back on this subject.. they announced that the autograph deal is cancelled to make up time.. once they fly it should be solid back to back stuff.

Wiles is out... bummer. 14 years in a row is fucking insane.
Carr got 12 and that is insane.
Forgot that Nicky won there too. A couple years before Wiles started his streak.

Hayden's win was a thriller after starting at the back of the grid. Wiles also did a last-to-first several years ago. So much history at Peoria, good and bad.

Hope they can maintain that section of track after the jump that got real rough earlier.

I'm guessing on track length 1/8 to 1/4 mile, local sandy soil, seems to pack well, same dirt under the RV park.
There is a Boy Scout car show on the lawn I wandered thru before I went back to the track.
Now we have a "gate" they want $10. to spectate, and a "pit"
Practice starts @ 4:00, no concessions/food trucks yet, or shade, but $10.

Attachments

• IMG_1977.jpg
    IMG_1977.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 46
Thanks.

The Bros rock the twin semis.
JD did well. Roger Lee is in the main.

I am routing for Sipes in the single main.
Glad Rush got up. Tough deal for the points.

Good shit.

A fun race. Glad the rain stayed away.

Next year Henry.

A couple of dominating wins with plenty of action along the way. That race for third in Twins was :wow

Sure missed having Wiles on track. Surprised Jacobsen wasn't there as his team has made a lot of progress lately and he's good on TTs.

Two weeks until Springfield.

Sun is down, practice went past 7:00.

Free music at a church parking lot and a few closed streets every Sat nite this summer
Three Irishmen, two drums and a bagpipe, and a side of didgeridoo.

Attachments

• IMG_1978.jpg
    IMG_1978.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1982.jpg
    IMG_1982.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Long profile of Shayna Texter in this month's Red Bull Bulletin magazine where she's on the cover. The profile is also the main story on the RedBull.com U.S. website today.

MORE THAN EQUAL: SHAYNA TEXTER

News Flash

I heard practice fire up about 20 minutes to 7 tonite, first since Sat.

Here is my choice, got too much brake though.
With not too many circulating, I can hear the tires moaning on the brakes setting up for the turn.
So foreign for me, brakes.
Some of these guys don't know how to pitch it in.
One guy locks up the wheel & kills motor, bike goes quiet at the end of the straight.
Must be saving up for a high side, :(

Attachments

• IMG_1984.jpg
    IMG_1984.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1985.jpg
    IMG_1985.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 58
Rice won at Peoria along with a bunch of legendary Flat Trackers.

List of past champs

Jim's apparently still a bullet, according to a mutual friend (Vintage Expert MX) who rides with him at Hollister fairly regularly. I used to run into him at the gym on occasion, too. I think he's got 12 years on me; hope I'm in half that good a shape when I'm his age.

Andy Tresser (RIP)! Another local talent. Didn't know he'd won Peoria.

I don’t remember Andy. Glad you do!

A lot of Cali history in the Flat Track record books.

This pix of the gate,
Hurry up and wait, line looks to have been here a bit.

A gathering of Vetts on a road trip for a 25 anniversary of Corvette Caravan to the National Corvette Museum

Attachments

• IMG_1987.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1986.jpg
    IMG_1986.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 52
Back