• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

After poking around in the web site above, I found all tracks they run but Fuji park ?? after seeing it from the middle, and not the gate, closer to 1/8 mile.
All other tracks have pix and info.

Practice has me confused on gearing, some racers are bouncing off the rev limiter before they slow for the corner. Seen this @ Az bike week too.
Get a good drive off a corner, and rev limit halfway down the straight?

The 450cc DTX bikes make most of their power on top so its common practice now to hit the rev limiter halfway down the straight on short tracks. All the pros gear that way.

500 pro, "Running of the Bulls" and hooligan last nite

I picked the main's winner from the first heat race, the only guy that went looking for alternate lines. He got the high line to work, hanging in second for 15 laps, got the 5 to go, and in first, with 4 to go, swapped a lap or two, and stuck the checkers. 500 pro win @ $1k

"Bulls" two vintage Spanish bikes, Bultaco Astro and Montessa both restored, and one with new factory period leathers. Guys my age too, late '60's, my era.

Hooligan had a good mix, water & air cooled Harley's, water cooled Indians, Yamaha vintage 650 twins (150 lbs lighter ?) and a Triumph scrammy.
A 500 pro won riding a Yammy easily, borrowed the bike, had to get it running and setup for the weekend.

As to the rev limiter, I drag raced my V-Rod, bouncing off the limiter kills my times, I went with a shift lite like some milers do.
My point, those last 10 yards into a corner with an ignition stutter trying to pass, doesn't matter because they all do it?

Practice is running now, different race program tonite, promoters are expecting more racers today

Last edited:
Wandering the pits on Sat, I got caught looking at this & pix.
I told the guy this would be TT #3, I've had two plated TT's and an SR already.

Shinko tire deal, only good for the weekend. Did have nice looking knobbies for my monkey, in case I wanted to sign up for Barf Baja, , ,

Attachments

• IMG_1990.jpg
    IMG_1990.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1994.jpg
    IMG_1994.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 56
Picked up this T shirt, they had Sacto mile shirts along with Fuji park WFT.

Sunday Afternoon, all mine :ride

Stories later,

Attachments

• IMG_1995.jpg
    IMG_1995.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1997.jpg
    IMG_1997.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 57
So did you buy the TT500?

Na, I don't have room for it. I live in a 28' airstream, with a Dodge to haul everything else for full timing. A cargo trailer carries my TW, but it is winter stored in the desert.

I'm waiting for the Wed.local paper to find out what happened after the races Sat nite.
I had packed up my friend back to Tahoe, when the cops all code 3, made their appearance to the race track, most spectators already gone. I heard all this across the street, but didn't see it.
We had a little dirty riding, and one broken Boozefighter ankle.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the Wed.local paper to find out what happened after the races Sat nite.
I had packed up my friend back to Tahoe, when the cops all code 3, made their appearance to the race track, most spectators already gone. I heard all this across the street, but didn't see it.
We had a little dirty riding, and one broken Boozefighter ankle.

Carson City Motorsports had a bunch of bikes on display in front of the spectator entrance. At the end of the night they were riding them back into the pits to pack up into the trailer. One dude did a wheelie in the parking lot, lost it, and hit two cars. He was not sober. That's why the police were there.

I was watching all the races from the corral in the pits, right next to track entrance. That Boozefighter crashed directly in front of us. He thought he was fine, he stood up, then his foot twisted 90* in the wrong direction. It was gruesome. I'm not sure if he broke it when he crashed, or when the other guy hit him. The medics that were there were using a Wal-Mart brand camping cot as a stretcher, lol.

The Inderbitzin/Bonsey altercation also happened directly in front of us. It was pretty exciting; they were fired up. But, in my opinion, Inderbitzin's drama queen antics ruined what was shaping up to be a most excellent main event.

Racers in flat track are staring to use professional soccer player tactics. Don't like how your race is going? Just fall over, lay in the track, then they will red flag it and you can have a do-over. I think they need to nip that in the bud by not allowing the person who caused the red flag to take the re-start.

I was watching the Main on the Facebook live stream and saw Inderbitzin go sit on the track. That move has been around forever. The confrontation between the crewmembers / friends and the racers during the red flag was pretty entertaining.

Springfield Mile this week. TWICE! The rainout in May means we get three straight days of racing with the AFT Springfield Short Track for the Singles class on Friday night. Back to back Mile racing for the Twins and Production Twins classes on Saturday and Sunday.

The Boozefighter got ran over, I watched as the other rider bounced off the seat when the his moto crawled over the foot. I then watched/waited until he tried to stand, and toppled.

I used to race AMA Dist. 36 short track, those rules and this event rules way different. The race ref. should have better control than what I've seen here. As a pro race, money on the line, racing at a sharper edge, putting someone into a wall can be fatal. Or worse, crippled for life. I saw at least four of these, "too hot to slow down, take em to the fence"
I'm surprised no one got thrown out.
Way too many red flag restarts, again rule book difference?
As to the acting injured, basket ball (a non contact sport) has too much contact at the pro level, NBA is happy with the show. Soccer, pro acting all the way. All about the rules and how the show is presented.

Last edited:
AFT Springfield short track for the Singles class tonight. FREE live streaming on FansChoice.TV, the AFT Facebook page and the AFT YouTube channel (The YT channel does not show the main events.).

Tonights race is in conjunction with the Steve Nace All Stars series so there will be other classes (amateurs, money class for pros, juniors, vets, vintage, etc.) as part of the program.

They appear to be running a bit behind schedule so I don't know if the published times are accurate.

ALL TIMES PACIFIC

4:55pm AFT Singles Heat Races

6:05pm AFT Singles Semis

7:30pm AFT Singles Main

Saturday and Sunday are back to back Springfield Miles. Same live
streaming package.

Saturday and Sunday Mile racing schedules:

11:30am Production Twins Heats
11:50am Twins Heats

12:25pm Production Twins Semis
12:45pm Twins Semis

1:40pm Production Twins Main
2:20pm Twins Main

Stevie Bonsey on an XR makes the Twins Semi outta his heat (won by Sammy on the XG H-D!)

Great racing in three of the four heats. Semis and Mains should be thrilling.

Curious why the singles aren't in racing the mile?

After some fatalities and injuries in Singles races - especially Santa Rosa in 2016 - the promoters of Springfield decided to exclude the Singles class from the Mile starting in 2017. The Singles still race the Springfield TT on Memorial Day weekend and Springfield Short Track on Labor Day weekend.

Production twins was pretty good.
Leader stretched it out a bit at the end. Nice battle for 3rd.

Win today, win last night.. win last week.... on a roll!

Fun Twins main. :banana

Briar’s charge from the back was so solid for his points.
Well done. :applause

Was really pulling for Carver. Great damage control by Briar Bauman. BB14 leads Mees by 30 points after today. Three races left for the the Singles and four races left for the Twins and Production Twins. Championships for all three classes could come down the last race of the season.

Back