• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

One for the books. Must have been one of the greatest Mile races ever. Gonna be buzzed on that finish for days.

Only downside for me today was the XG engines letting go for Gauthier.

Last edited:
One for the books. Must have been one of the greatest Mile races ever. Gonna be buzzed on that finish for days.

Only downside for me today was the XG engines letting go for Gauthier.

“engineS”.....guess therez still work to be done @ V&H

srsly tho, HUGE progress this weekend

Williams Grove Half Mile is tomorrow. All three AFT classes will compete. Just like Catalunya for MotoGP, this is a home race for about 1/3 of the grid. Championships are tight and every point counts as AFT heads into these last three rounds.

All times Pacific

10:30am Practice and Qualifying

1:55pm: AFT Singles Heats

2:40pm: AFT Production Twins Semis

3:10pm: AFT Singles Semis

3:30pm: AFT Twins Semis

4:30pm: AFT Production Twins Main

5:20pm: AFT Singles Main

5:50pm: AFT Twins Main

Cheering for the Worm :thumbup

Cheering for the Worm :thumbup

Nabbed a top 10. :thumbup These slippery half miles allow for some surprises but really reward the smart and smooth racers. Surprised at Shayna's performance in the main.

Been such a great season, can't believe there are only two races left. Upside is both are excellent Mile tracks.

The AFT Minnesota Mile is this Saturday evening. All three class championships are yet to be decided but could be wrapped up at this race. If Briar Bauman wins one of these two remaining Mile races, it will be his first Mile win and he will complete the Flat Track Grand Slam in one season having collected wins on a TT (twice), Short Track and Half Mile (twice) this season.

Championship update:

Twins Points:

1. Briar Bauman 305
  2. Jared Mees 270
  3. Bronson Bauman 221
  4. Jeffrey Carver Jr. 195
  5. TIE Brandon Robinson/Jarod Vanderkooi 179 (Robinson's two wins give him the tie breaker)

Singles Points:
  1. Dalton Gauthier 266
  2. Dan Bromley 251
  3. Mikey Rush 230
  4. Jesse Janisch 183
  5. Chad Cose 175

Production Twins Points
  1. Corey Texter 165
  2. Ryan Varnes 149
  3. Kolby Carlile 140
  4. Dalton Gauthier 122
  5. James Rispoli 109

Championship points are distributed as follows:
  1. 25 points
  2. 20
  3. 17
  4. 15
  5. 14
  6. 13
  7. 12
  8. 11
  9. 10
  10. 9
  11. 8
  12. 7
  13. 6
  14. 5
  15. 4
  16. 3

Last edited:
Thanks Map.

It has been a really good season. Lots of great racing in both classes.

Interesting that there seems to be more $$$ to pay racers in AFT than MotoAmerica. Back in my youth when they split apart the series many guys jumped ship to Road Racing because there was more $$$ to be had. Seems that has finally come full circle.

BB14’s having a Grand Slam shot, all in 1 season, is simply amazing

less so, yet still remarkable, is Worm’s season as an Injun-factory fill-in, winning multiple heats & repeatedly finishing in top 10

here I am, rooting for Harley to maintain & increase their presence up front

finally, there’s Brian Smith’s near-total lack of competitiveness on his not-a-Kawasaki ’Howerton’ - for that matter, all the other Kaws (& usually, the Yamahas) are simply out of it.....

all in all, itz been a great season

Thanks Map.

It has been a really good season. Lots of great racing in both classes.

Interesting that there seems to be more $$$ to pay racers in AFT than MotoAmerica. Back in my youth when they split apart the series many guys jumped ship to Road Racing because there was more $$$ to be had. Seems that has finally come full circle.

I don't know if there is more money at the top though I think Mees makes more than anyone in MotoAmerica. Elias and Beaubier probably still bring home plenty. I do think the AFT talent pool is much deeper than in MA. The top five or six in MotoAmerica Superbike are very talented but it drops off after that. Same for Supersport. AFT probably has 12 or more riders that could be on a podium at in the Twins class and maybe more in the Singles class. I believe more racers are making a living or at least making money (instead of just covering expenses) racing AFT. AFT is surely much cheaper for teams to participate and field a competitive bike.

Watching flat track's resurgence has been great. Hope we can see the same for road racing.

Last edited:
Race Day at the Minnesota Mile! A bit of moisture overnight helps track prep. Could be a cushion or might could groove up.

FREE live stream on FansChoice.TV, the AFT Facebook page and the AFT Youtube channel (main events not shown on YouTube).

All Times Pacific:

9:45am (or so) Practice and Qualifying

2:15pm Singles Heats (3)
3:10pm Production Twins Semis
3:42pm Singles Semis
4:12pm Twins Semis

5:40pm Production Twins Main

6:20pm Singles Main

7:00pm Twins Main

The track was not ready for either of these first two starts in the Twins Main.

I believe I witnessed something that was among the classiest of class acts in sports tonight.

I believe I witnessed something that was among the classiest of class acts in sports tonight.

True, do not think you will see that at MotoGP.

[YOUTUBE]C6utqgzCRWE[/YOUTUBE]

Final race of the 2019 AFT season is Saturday's Meadowlands Mile just outside Nooo Yawk City. The Singles and Production Twins championships are on the line. Briar Bauman is still chasing his first Mile win and Flat Track Grand Slam.

This track was great last year and so was the racing. A pea gravel-like cushion with plenty of lines in the corners and pack drafting on the straights. Some very light mist at the time of the Main events made visibility tricky for the racers in both classes. Briar Bauman went through all this tearoffs, then used his glove until it was so soaked that he couldn't clear his visor. Bauman somehow managed to take off his glove during the race and used his bare hand to wipe his visor. Still finished 4th, just three tenths (.3) off the winner.

2018 Meadowlands Mile Singles and Twins Main events.

[youtube]K5-Zo_laWPQ[/youtube]

Photo of Bauman wiping his visor at 130mph while getting blasted with fine gravel. And his helmet after the race.

BB14_at_meadowlands_18-X3.jpg

Back