• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

Everyone-makes-the-Main has been part of the SuperTwins proposal from the start. Aligns with IndyCar, F1, MotoGP, WSBK, MotoAmerica and other pro motorsports. AFT gets a full grid of professional teams/racers to offer to TV and individual event promoters and the racers get guaranteed payouts along with more or better ROI for sponsors.

Going to be a big change for long-time fans. If it works will be great, as in time we will see live network coverage. :thumbup

Yamaha and Estenson Racing announce their 2020 AFT line-up.

https://www.americanflattrack.com/news/view/yamaha-announces-support-estenson-racing-2020-american-flat-track-team

JD Beach is signed to a multi-year contract. Former Singles class champ Kolby Carlile will join Beach on Yamaha DT-07s in the Super Twins class. Team long hair should provide plenty of excitement on the TTs. Hope they can get the Yamaha working on the ovals this season.

Estenson also signed San Jose-native Mikey Rush to partner with Dallas Daniels in the Singles class.

Still no list of all the SuperTwins riders. Rush, Cose, and Wiles to the Singles class. Wiles will win more races in the Singles but would be top 10 or higher in the twins.

man, I really don’t want the SuperTwins naysayers (myself included) to be correct, that SFT has moved too fact & has screwed the pooch in Formula Indian

guess we ‘ll see.....

I don't remember AFT (or AMA Pro) releasing a list of teams competing in each category beyond entry lists for each race. We usually find out about teams via press releases from the teams. Recalling past years, most official announcements aren't made until February.

So far, official announcements for SuperTwins include:

Vance&Hines / Harley Davison factory team
Bryan Smith
Jarod Vanderkooi
Dalton Gauthier

Estenson Racing/Yamaha
JD Beach
Kolby Carlile

Roof Systems Indian
Dan Bromley
Brandon Price

Nila Coolbeth Indian
Team has signed up for SuperTwins but has yet to announce their rider

Thats eight of 16 slots for SuperTwins.

Still waiting on official announcements from the Indian factory team(s). Seems unlikely Indian would change much. Sammy Halbert said in his statement after leaving factory HD that he would be joining another team and racing in the SuperTwins class. I've read elsewhere that 15 of the 16 SuperTwins slots have been paid for.

I'm not concerned about the health of any of the three AFT classes. 2020 will likely be even stronger than 2019 was. Just hope they can get a handle of track prep because AFT cannot repeat the issues they had at those last two races of 2019.

Jeffery Carver only has funds for a wild card team at this time.

AFT Twins 4th Overall in points Last 2 Years.......and "At this time we are going Wild Card racing in the SuperTwins class and trying to raise funds to do a full season as a team."

I hope this experiment by AFT works. Hope to see the best of the best and not the richest of the richest.

Jeffery Carver only has funds for a wild card team at this time.

AFT Twins 4th Overall in points Last 2 Years.......and "At this time we are going Wild Card racing in the SuperTwins class and trying to raise funds to do a full season as a team."

I hope this experiment by AFT works. Hope to see the best of the best and not the richest of the richest.

I share your concerns, deeply - this ST deal is being put in place at least 1 year too soon. I really want AFT teams to succeed

Last edited:
It looks like a new Flat Track organization coming. Xtreem Flat Track. Anyone else remembers the debacle of Pace? Split the riders and no mile track races in CA for a few years.

Looks to be centered around Texas.

They do show 4 dates at Sturgis and a couple in Montana.

I don't see any big name riders leaving AFT. Most promoters (including the Sac Mile) have multi-year deals with AFT.

Steve Nace All Stars has a Twins class but its not drawing anyone away from AFT. Xtreem Flat Track is what happens when AFT gets successful and others feel they can get a piece of the pie. I don't see this going anywhere.

Agreed. Pretty local.

Solid purses could change it but I doubt that would happen.

Sammy Halbert will ride for Nila Coolbeth Racing on an FTR750 in SuperTwins this season.

AFT posted has posted the list of 15 SuperTwins teams and three Wild Card teams for 2020.

https://www.americanflattrack.com/news/view/american-flat-track-announces-roster-2020-aft-supertwins-competition

The list of teams selected for competition in the 2020 AFT SuperTwins class is as follows:

BriggsAuto.com Racing - Davis Fisher - #67 Indian FTR750
Coolbeth-Nila Racing - Sammy Halbert - #69 Indian FTR750
Estenson Racing - JD Beach - #95 Yamaha MT-07 DT
Estenson Racing - Kolby Carlile - #36 Yamaha MT-07 DT
Harley-Davidson / Vance & Hines - Dalton Gauthier - #79 Harley-Davidson XG750R
Harley-Davidson / Vance & Hines - Jarod Vanderkooi - #20 Harley-Davidson XG750R
HCRR Racing / Ben Evans Racing - Jay Maloney - #12 Indian FTR750
HCRR Racing / Ben Evans Racing - Brandon Robinson - #44 Indian FTR750
Indian Motorcycle - Briar Bauman - #1 Indian FTR750
Indian Motorcycle - Bronson Bauman - #37 Indian FTR750
Indian Motorcycle / Rogers Racing - Jared Mees - #9 Indian FTR750
RJ Performance Racing - Robert Pearson - #27 Indian FTR750
Roof Systems of Dallas, Texas - Dan Bromley - #62 Indian FTR750
Roof Systems of Dallas, Texas - Brandon Price - #92 Indian FTR750
Vance & Hines / Howerton Motorsports - Bryan Smith - #4 Harley-Davidson XG750R

The following teams have been approved as Wildcard Teams for 2020 competition. A limited number of entries remain. For more information on entering as a Wildcard Team, visit www.amaproracing.com.

Happy Trail Racing - Jeffrey Carver, Jr. - #23 Indian FTR750
Larry Pegram Racing - Larry Pegram - #72 Indian FTR750
Rackley Keeran Racing - Andrew Luker - #11 Indian FTR750

No Jake Johnson jumps at me. I am sure others are missing.

Jake Johnson is still trying to put together a deal. He will only race if its the right package. Apparently, he did not enjoy riding his ass off for near last place finishes at oval tracks on the Yamaha last year.

You can hear some great straight talk from Jake Johnson on Cory Texter's podcast where Johnson is the co-host. The latest episode can be found here:

https://soundcloud.com/cory-texter/episode-4-ryan-sipes?fbclid=IwAR2YGYr_pSgwHXbSDsYaPl7LbXcD0N5TbXbSNNWQXVHUdSsFeqWsd5Rd1mU

BTW, the Cory Texter is promoting his second Winter Throwdown race in Florida tomorrow night. There will be a live stream on Facebook but I'm not expecting much more than someone holding an iPhone with a shaky hand. The race is almost a National with names like Mees, Robinson, Halbert, Gauthier and others expected to participate.

AFT posted has posted the list of 15 SuperTwins teams and three Wild Card teams for 2020.

https://www.americanflattrack.com/news/view/american-flat-track-announces-roster-2020-aft-supertwins-competition

The list of teams selected for competition in the 2020 AFT SuperTwins class is as follows:

BriggsAuto.com Racing - Davis Fisher - #67 Indian FTR750
Coolbeth-Nila Racing - Sammy Halbert - #69 Indian FTR750
Estenson Racing - JD Beach - #95 Yamaha MT-07 DT
Estenson Racing - Kolby Carlile - #36 Yamaha MT-07 DT
Harley-Davidson / Vance & Hines - Dalton Gauthier - #79 Harley-Davidson XG750R
Harley-Davidson / Vance & Hines - Jarod Vanderkooi - #20 Harley-Davidson XG750R
HCRR Racing / Ben Evans Racing - Jay Maloney - #12 Indian FTR750
HCRR Racing / Ben Evans Racing - Brandon Robinson - #44 Indian FTR750
Indian Motorcycle - Briar Bauman - #1 Indian FTR750
Indian Motorcycle - Bronson Bauman - #37 Indian FTR750
Indian Motorcycle / Rogers Racing - Jared Mees - #9 Indian FTR750
RJ Performance Racing - Robert Pearson - #27 Indian FTR750
Roof Systems of Dallas, Texas - Dan Bromley - #62 Indian FTR750
Roof Systems of Dallas, Texas - Brandon Price - #92 Indian FTR750
Vance & Hines / Howerton Motorsports - Bryan Smith - #4 Harley-Davidson XG750R

The following teams have been approved as Wildcard Teams for 2020 competition. A limited number of entries remain. For more information on entering as a Wildcard Team, visit www.amaproracing.com.

Happy Trail Racing - Jeffrey Carver, Jr. - #23 Indian FTR750
Larry Pegram Racing - Larry Pegram - #72 Indian FTR750
Rackley Keeran Racing - Andrew Luker - #11 Indian FTR750

tho I really don’t wanna get too depressed yet, this is what I feared - a reduced Formula Indian field with 3 H-D outliers (hoping to be) nipping at their heels

we’ll need to see how often Worm, BBQ, & Cali hero Luker actually line up -
I’m neither distraught nor pleased, itz simply too early.....

Doesn't look much different than last year except the HD effort is stronger.

Looks like 30 years ago, except for almost exclusively Harley, it's now Indian.

Not at all sure AFT's moving in the right direction. Time will tell.

Back