• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Flat Track Racing Mega Thread - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

AFT Season Finale Meadowlands Mile today. Free Live Streaming on FansChoice.TV and the AFT Facebook page. All heats and Semis are shown on the AFT YouTube channel.

All Times Pacific:

12:35 Singles Heats
1:05 Production Twins Semis
2:10 Singles Semis
2:40 Twins Semis

4:10 Production Twins Main

4:50 Singles Main

5:30 Twins Main

Watching the Twins main now... from last year.. :laughing

Glad Corey Texter won the Prod Twins Championship which turned to to be a lot tougher than it looked early in the season. Super pumped for Dalton Gauthier winning the Single championship with such a shoe-string effort. He and his team faced long odds against what was probably the deepest Singles field ever. Hard to put into words what an accomplishment that was.

Bummer of an end to the Twins season. We had a long showdown between Mees and Bauman made more interesting with surprise wins by Beach and Robinson and some young talent stepping up in the way of Davis Fisher and Brandon Price. A very good season through Minnesota.

Keep #22 James Monaco in your thoughts. He's got some severe injuries from the Minnesota race and he's great kid from the Modesto area. Hope Oliver Brindley wasn't hurt too badly in that nasty getoff during his Singles Semi.

A friend of mine and I were at the races. Here's a short clip:
[youtube]XLAXqpZDpSc[/youtube]

Its spectacular watching the Twins on a Mile. You could really get pretty close to the track there.

Sorry you got stuck with that debacle for the Twins Main. What a mess.

Its spectacular watching the Twins on a Mile. You could really get pretty close to the track there.

Sorry you got stuck with that debacle for the Twins Main. What a mess.

Yeah, it was fantastic. Was only my second time seeing AFT live. First time was a short track in NH. I've heard of how cool the mile is and seeing it in person did not disappoint.

For whatever reason, most of the day was way off schedule. Too bad we didn't see 25 laps of the main event, but it was still an amazing night. Loved walking through the pits, seeing Wayne Rainey, talking to other fans, smelling the fuel. 45 minutes after the AFT twins checker, my friend and I were walking through the post-Broadway hordes in Manhattan on our way to a late dinner. Was fun and surreal. Attaching some pictures.

Attachments

• scl_20190928_170404.jpg
    scl_20190928_170404.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 92
  • scl_20190928_170522.jpg
    scl_20190928_170522.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 85
  • scl_20190928_171521.jpg
    scl_20190928_171521.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 79
  • scl_20190928_175500.jpg
    scl_20190928_175500.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 86
  • scl_20190928_180234.jpg
    scl_20190928_180234.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 91
I was there also, I got there around noon, and I could tell that something wasn't right with the track just by the look on the racers faces and how disjointed everything seemed to be between the Race Officials and the people that worked for the Track.

They should have never run that race once they figured out the track surface wasn't safe.

AMA 1/2 assed their way through it and pretty much lied to the spectators all day long.

There's a rider who will never be the same, he was injured in the same accident as Texter and Dallas.

While everyone was watching Shayna run over Dallas's legs, a third rider hit Dallas's down bike while sideways at 70mph+ and Ragdolled about 30 ft in the air into the horse rail.

It should never take having to count all of the bikes on track that to figure out if someone is missing somewhere and then not even know their rider#.

His name is Oliver Brindly, not fucking "a Roadrace Guy with yellow on the Leathers"...

Then they proceeded to Fucking Lie for the next 8 fucking hrs, so some stupid Fucking AMA Front Office Assholes wouldn't be embarrassed.

https://dailyvoice.com/new-jersey/rutherford/police-fire/pro-dirt-bike-racer-20-remains-critical-after-meadowlands-crash-nj-state-police-report/776623/

Last edited:
I wish ATF would not run on this track again. Years ago the Fresno Mile was canceled the day of the race when the top riders just said NO. Santa Rosa should have been canceled and not run. Mile racing and the speed reached demand a safe track. Not keep the throttle open and hope I make it style of racing seen in NY.

My 2 cents.

This track was great last year. Last Saturday was a prep issue and the race should have been postponed until the could produce an acceptable surface.

Track prep anywhere is difficult and multiuse facilities ratchet up the difficulty. I'd rather comeback the next day or next week than see a program so compromised for safety.

So Royal Enfield is showing this "design exercise" Flat Track bike. Not a street tracker. However, this design exercise is pretty serious. Harris built the frame, it has chassis adjustment (steering head, swingarm pivot) in the ranges of a real flat track race bike. S&S built the engine. There were photos a few months ago of the bike on track at Flat Track practice days in the UK. Thats not the usual approach for building a show bike.

RE debuted the bike at EICMA yesterday. They are just calling it a design exercise. Of course, there are rumors about Royal Enfield racing AFT in either Production Twins or SuperTwins but that seems like a stretch.

Anyway, its a great looking bike. More photos at BikeEXIF.com

royal-enfield-harris-performance-flat-tracker-3.jpg

New streaming package. FansChoice is giving way to something called NBC Sports Gold. Long, somewhat convoluted announcement on the AFT site.

If you have an existing (free) FansChoice.TV account, you can get an introductory price of $1.99/month or $10.99/year for just the AFT races. There will be some kind of free trial for existing FansChoice.TV users but there aren't details on what that free trial offer includes.

If the production value and stream quality improves, I've got no problem with paying $11 for next year to watch all the AFT racing live or on demand. Those with NBC Sports Network as part of their cable package can watch the SuperTwins races live and delayed broadcasts of the Singles and Production Twins races next season. I'm a cord cutter so I'll get the new streaming package.

I will see what the free offer is but have no problem paying $11.00 for the season. I like the platforms the races will be available on. I hope the live coverage moves up to what we see on NBC's delayed coverage.

I wish ATF would not run on this track again. Years ago the Fresno Mile was canceled the day of the race when the top riders just said NO. Santa Rosa should have been canceled and not run. Mile racing and the speed reached demand a safe track. Not keep the throttle open and hope I make it style of racing seen in NY.
My 2 cents.

FT fans, listen up - Bill knows all too well of what he speaks:

that early-90s, 1-off Fresno Mile was a debacle, with a track surface so bad that they coned off the corners & eventually ran the Main after midnite - it was thus the scene of a truly unique event, the mainly-biker crowd booing the factory H-D team(!) as their truck withdrew early (surface was so dangerous that Chris Carr abandoned his chances for The ‘ship by leaving.....)

the most recent, final Santa Rosa Mile saw 2 fatalities (unrelated accidents) on a unique surface that has long proved very difficult to safely prep

Heard JD is a full time FT dude next year with MA appearances on a 600 when schedule allows it.

AFT on the rise MA paddling hard to stay a float.

I guess we are supposed to start seeing team/rider announcements for 2020 in the next few weeks. I understand there are 15 teams signed up for SuperTwins but no official confirmations beyond Dan Bromley riding an Indian FTR750 next season.

Also heard George Latus / Latus Racing in getting a team together using Triumphs.

Latus was a solid privateer team in the MA early days and George is a neat dude. When Bobby started winning superstock races on the Kawasaki I thought there was hope that Kawi might help them. Nope.

George saw the money pit and now seems ready to see if the AFT pit is not a bottomless one.

SuperTwins teams for 2020 are starting to be announced.

Dan Bromley and Brandon Price will race Indian FTR750s for Roof Systems of Dallas.

Today, Harley announced their 2020 factory team of three riders. Bryan Smith, Jarod Vanderkooi and Dalton Gauthier will make up a three rider SuperTwins Factory HD team with Ricky Howerton as Crew Chief.

Everyone-makes-the-Main has been part of the SuperTwins proposal from the start. Aligns with IndyCar, F1, MotoGP, WSBK, MotoAmerica and other pro motorsports. AFT gets a full grid of professional teams/racers to offer to TV and individual event promoters and the racers get guaranteed payouts along with more or better ROI for sponsors.

Back