• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Kawi H1f rebuild thread

Sounds like a plan.... I know that dude. :laughing

Work underway.. first WTF a broken fin.

How do you fix a WTF? New cylinder.

Attachments

• Kawi 500 CYLINDER.jpg
    Kawi 500 CYLINDER.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 0
And face overheating?? :p

$125 bux seemed worth it. :teeth

Project is getting into it. Gears have been exposed so please look away if the internals of a Internal Combustion Engine could offend you. :laughing

Got an update today with some pics. Beautiful pics.

Really cool to get the update.

H1 is coming along.
Rebuilt crank and seals installed.
Tranny has been gone over and cases are back together.
Replacement cylinder is at the machinist for boring.

This has worked out to be perfect life timing. (packing to move).

So look forward to the next update.!

Attachments

• kawi 500 motor 4.3.24 (2).jpg
    kawi 500 motor 4.3.24 (2).jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 12
  • kawi 500 motor shit that makes shit happen 4.3.24.jpg
    kawi 500 motor shit that makes shit happen 4.3.24.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 8
  • kawi 500 gears right.. woot 4.3.24 (2).jpg
    kawi 500 gears right.. woot 4.3.24 (2).jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 6
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

In for the 2smoke house warming party! :party:smoking
I’ve used sage sticks to cleanse new abodes but surely Castrol R would cast out evil and improve the ambiance. :twofinger

Budman you're movin? downsizing locally?

Yes... moving to cheaper Menlo Park and hoping my Palo Alto home covers all costs or at least most of it. Keeping our tax base allowed us to upgrade the homestead while reducing the amount of work required for landscape and upkeep. Packing has been on full tilt since last Friday. Moving starts Saturday... sucks for a 66yo with bad knees. It will just be the Mrs and I until we get to the big stuff in a few weeks.

More motor.

I am amazed at how closely I looked that the real motor bits... as in not. :laughing

Needed new fiber clutch plates and springs. The clutch cover is way beyond a simple fix. : |

The search for a like new good one or new begins..!

Attachments

• Kawi 500 5.jpg
    Kawi 500 5.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Kawi 500 3.jpg
    Kawi 500 3.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Kawi 500 4.jpg
    Kawi 500 4.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Kawi 500 6.jpg
    Kawi 500 6.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 4
Mr. Triple said he could get it close to new.
I asked if he could get new... my experience with this is the difference between a weld and then a polish up and new is NOT that big of a difference. So I asked to find a new one. If he cannot then we will fix and see what shakes.

Mr. Triple said he could get it close to new.
I asked if he could get new... my experience with this is the difference between a weld and then a polish up and new is NOT that big of a difference. So I asked to find a new one. If he cannot then we will fix and see what shakes.

She is a runner and looks good in the video I received. Off to pick it up in a few hours.

Wife said sell it. I said :wtf it has taken 10 years... I need to ride it for a while, but I do plan to sell in a year .... or so!!

Ride it until it scares you before selling it. Some times I miss my old '69 Kaw 500.

Now all I need to do is polish a bit and ride.

Attachments

• kawi 500 rebuild.jpg
    kawi 500 rebuild.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • kawi 500 rebuild 2.jpg
    kawi 500 rebuild 2.jpg
    994.9 KB · Views: 9
  • kawi 500 rebuild 3.jpg
    kawi 500 rebuild 3.jpg
    996.3 KB · Views: 9
  • kawi 500 rebuild 4.jpg
    kawi 500 rebuild 4.jpg
    785.1 KB · Views: 8
  • kawi 500 rebuild 5.jpg
    kawi 500 rebuild 5.jpg
    984 KB · Views: 9
Not riding it to rallies... nope nope nope. :laughing

Hopefully only in my office for a couple weeks.

I haven't logged on for a while, but it looks like I picked the right day. The triple looks amazing!
Will you bring it out for the 49 Mile Ride this year? It's only up to SF and then around town. Pretty easy on the bikes if the clutch is okay. Usually the best showing or rare bikes that people never bring out for runs/rides/rallies because it is so easy and has so many smoke breaks.
Would be great to see it in person...

Back