• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

A bald eagle? That rocks. I saw a coyote, twice. I think it was Bob.

I've seen road runners on a few occasions! :teeth

picture.php

Last edited:
Gonna be another super hot weekend.

Butch invited me last week. Too hot.
I am going to repeat that this weekend.

Bubba's?, Missing your cat?, oh, BARF :twofinger, right on, been staring at that door for years, I still get a kick out of those stickers, good job!

Bubba's?, Missing your cat?, oh, BARF :twofinger, right on, been staring at that door for years, I still get a kick out of those stickers, good job!
We still need a couple of those on each side of that Trump sticker up at the top. :twofinger :twofinger

anyone know if the fire/fire trucks dirtied the road?

Roads were great Monday AM, no dirtier than normal, both ways Livermore to Mt. Ham. I actually have more of a problem with the car clubs cutting corners and throwing dirt every where then anything else.

Last edited:
Roads were great Monday AM, no dirtier than normal, both ways Livermore to Mt. Ham. I actually have more of a problem with the car clubs cutting corners and throwing dirt every where then anything else.

Awesome! Good to know, I will be doing a 2up ride this Sat.
I was last on Mines when the Porsche crew decided to show up. Got a bit packed at the observatory and I could see a few of them cutting lanes as they made their way down to SJ :afm199

Roads were in fantastic shape Monday.

@David were you on the black Hornet on the way down Mt. Ham toward SJ about 2:30?

Last edited:
When I came down Mount Hamilton was about 8:45 AM, yes black hornet with new fairing and windshield on it. Kind a retro but I'm prepping for some fall winter riding touring. I went up from Livermore and went back the way I came Thought I might've seen Grant/freeryde in his yellow stitch, going the other way, as I rolled into the valley on my way back to the junction. You guys should get up and come out earlier, lol, y'all are showing up when I'm going home. I can't wait for Calaveras to open again so I can do my usual loop. Sometimes I come up Mount Hamilton from San Jose and sometimes I just go back-and-forth from Livermore. If you ever want to hook up for a casual ride PM me, we'll figure something out.

Sadly that was an imposture. I recently retired the ol yeller stich and picked up a grey one.

But yes, we should all hook up for a ride one of these days. My weekends have become pretty packed with work, occasionally I get out there for a morning ride. But most often I get out there after dark and go for a night ride.

When I came down Mount Hamilton was about 8:45 AM, yes black hornet with new fairing and windshield on it. Kind a retro but I'm prepping for some fall winter riding touring. I went up from Livermore and went back the way I came Thought I might've seen Grant/freeryde in his yellow stitch, going the other way, as I rolled into the valley on my way back to the junction. You guys should get up and come out earlier, lol, y'all are showing up when I'm going home. I can't wait for Calaveras to open again so I can do my usual loop. Sometimes I come up Mount Hamilton from San Jose and sometimes I just go back-and-forth from Livermore. If you ever want to hook up for a casual ride PM me, we'll figure something out.

I like to stop for lunch at the junction if I'm going all the way out there. Have an hour slab to lib'mo before I can even start. (until RWR opens back up)

Apparently there were two black hornets on the mountain that day.

Back