• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Mines and Mt Hamilton Roads: The Official Thread

I think I've been the first one through every morning this week. Trying to get 600 miles on that new bike. :ride:

Road is great all the way from Livermore to Mt Ham and back. One note- one lane traffic control at one lane bridge work bottom of back side of Mt Ham. Three way intersection controlled by signal lights. Lights appear to be operated by wirelessly connected motion sensitive cameras. I waited 30 sec going up and 10 sec coming down. Beware, they have narrowed the one lane with Krails and it's a blind turn. No room for moto and a 4wheel vehicle to pass each other if you try to run the light.

On another note- you think I would have learned by now! Damned Partridges/Quail, whatever!

Attachments

• IMG_2561.jpg
    IMG_2561.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 58
Road is great all the way from Livermore to Mt Ham and back. One note- one lane traffic control at one lane bridge work bottom of back side of Mt Ham. Three way intersection controlled by signal lights. Lights appear to be operated by wirelessly connected motion sensitive cameras. I waited 30 sec going up and 10 sec coming down. Beware, they have narrowed the one lane with Krails and it's a blind turn. No room for moto and a 4wheel vehicle to pass each other if you try to run the light.

On another note- you think I would have learned by now! Damned Partridges/Quail, whatever!

Yikes.... one min its just you, the next its feathers!

Rode Mines and San Antonio Valley up to the observatories yesterday. It's hotter up there than around here. No bicycles at all on the roads I was riding.

The Junction was closed. Their web site indicates that they're closed Mondays and Wednesdays, not Tuesdays. Do any of you know when they're actually open? Are they going to be able to stay in business?

Their FB indicates Tuesday 4-7, which matches their web site. Is that when you stopped by? Other days are 11-7 or 11-9

Rode Mines and San Antonio Valley up to the observatories yesterday. It's hotter up there than around here. No bicycles at all on the roads I was riding.

The Junction was closed. Their web site indicates that they're closed Mondays and Wednesdays, not Tuesdays. Do any of you know when they're actually open? Are they going to be able to stay in business?

i think they are only open-thursday thru sunday-they signed lease for another year.:thumbup

i think they are only open-thursday thru sunday-they signed lease for another year.:thumbup
It says right on their web page: Tuesday 4pm-7pm.

That means that I shouldn't have expected them to be open at noon.

Warm & breezy, and it's not even 0900, all roads are great from SJ, up to the top of Ham and out to Libmo. I had a 3 min wait at the traffic control going up and 2 min going down the back.

Road and weather conditions were great today all the way through.
A herd of Tule Elk crossed the road, it was a pretty amazing thing to see.

Roads from Livermore all the way up to Mount Hamilton were above average again. Saw a Bald Eagle overhead and a rattlesnake curled up on the road in the San Antonio Valley. A few deer and Angus II with his horse friends. Views from the top were very clear. Love these Sunday morning rides!

Seems a little odd that they put the cop car and cones out on one side, and nothing on the other.

Yeah, but why not throw a couple cones/flares/whatever on the other side too?

Back