• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

first time i've seen that. looks sweet !

2 things... err 3...#1 :bump :twofinger #2 (too lazy too go back and look...) I remember saying something about how "music seems to have an order" maybe like a pattern or something... well it just dawned on me. Beethoven was "deaf" right? so he made all that dope ass music... so technically I should be able to do the same, right...?:laughing I mean how could a DEAF person make music right? I dont know his history (beethoven) i.e. like when he BECAME deaf and what not... but if he could do it ANYONE should be able to it. right? :dunno #3 wanna jam... maybe even start a band. well... just wanna get together and MAKE nusic and test muh skills:teeth

For anyone who is interested, Steve Morse will be at Mystics in Petaluma tomorrow night, Tuesday, Jan. 19th and Slim's in SF on Wednesday, Jan. 20th. If you're interested, go to Steve's tour page and click the venue to buy tickets.

There are a lot of fabulous players out there today, but Morse is unbelievably good.

For anyone who is interested, Steve Morse will be at Mystics in Petaluma tomorrow night, Tuesday, Jan. 19th and Slim's in SF on Wednesday, Jan. 20th. If you're interested, go to Steve's tour page and click the venue to buy tickets.

There are a lot of fabulous players out there today, but Morse is unbelievably good.

More so than this guy? :D

[youtube]bVmq2C5kLoM[/youtube]

More so than this guy? :D

Petrucci cites Morse as one of his influences. Of the two, Petrucci's picking technique allows more outright speed, but Morse is able to play lines that Petrucci would probably struggle with. I say Morse is more versatile as well.

BTW, a guy I only learned about yesterday: Guthrie Govan.

[youtube]-yPEewaalik[/youtube]

glad to hear some sort of extremest player at the helm. every one else just cant hear past the screaming im my music. he sure looks Scandinavian being from UK, i guess ill have to try harder

and yes kornholio this guy has more to say...
[youtube]6ct7qKCK8UM[/youtube]

Last edited:
Anyone have a beginner guitar they can lend me for a month to see if i really want to start learning or not... =)
if not, I was looking at some <$100 acoustic guitars on CL, any recommendations?

I personally learned guitar by picking up a cheap used one (like CL. I'm a Gibson fan myself, but Epiphone makes decent acoustics as well), bought a play-along book at a local music shop (or online) and just play through it. I went through at least 20 books when I was 15 or so, and I've been playing consistently for 10 years.

Anyone have a beginner guitar they can lend me for a month to see if i really want to start learning or not... =)
if not, I was looking at some <$100 acoustic guitars on CL, any recommendations?

Dude... either you wanna learn or not. :| It's hard at first learning chords, getting speed, getting your fingers tough etc... But once you get going it's awesome. Pick up a acoustic pack (guitar, case, tuner, cd and book) Link for like 1-2 bills. Fuck around with it for like 30 minutes a day. It'll be painfull at first (in all aspects) but worth it in the end.:thumbup

Dude... either you wanna learn or not. :| It's hard at first learning chords, getting speed, getting your fingers tough etc... But once you get going it's awesome. Pick up a acoustic pack (guitar, case, tuner, cd and book) Link for like 1-2 bills. Fuck around with it for like 30 minutes a day. It'll be painfull at first (in all aspects) but worth it in the end.:thumbup

^^ What he said. Most people need a little skin in the game to keep them going through the less exciting aspects of learning an instrument. With a borrowed instrument it's very easy for this to turn into something you just never get around to doing.

Back