• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

Hey musicians of BARF

Just wanted to say hi...I ride, and I'm a musician.

My very not-up-to-date myspace page is here: myspace.com/jhebass

My name is Jonathan Herrera...I'm a professional bass player, and also am the Editor of Bass Player Magazine.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi! Any bass-related questions, feel free to hit me up.

Jonathan

I like "Spill" :thumbup .. Good job on Resiliant tho. Although I'm not sure if it were my headphones or the track; what are your highs set at?

thx dude. the highs for spill or for resiliant? when i mixdown to MP3 everything gets dulled big time so for resiliant I ran the master through a khz enhancer and cranked it up. I prolly just went too far.

Yea I was referring to resiliant. Wasn't sure if it was my headphones or not :teeth. So do you just mix or you playing as well?

I'm on guitars. I composed the song, setup the recording, and mixed it. I think mixdown is the hardest tho I feel like if you can learn compresson and EQ tho you can be pretty decent at it.

Back