• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

I'd love to eventually be involved in a compilation like this.

[youtube]nB7L1BIDELc[/youtube]

So I'm thinking about picking up a smaller amp for practicing since I'm tired of lugging my 80lb Bassman 400 over to the drummer's house every week. Does anyone have any suggestions in the 50W range?

Considering that I'm kind of an elitist prick and tend to buy European things, I was looking at this...

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend...es-CR50BXT-50W-1x12-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=424059

...but not one dealer in the area has one on the floor for me to try out. Thoughts? :dunno

Last edited:
One sound? :dunno

Orange guitar amps are known for a particular British rock sound. They do make other amps with different voicings these days, but they don't make any single amp that has a lot of tonal versatility.

That might not matter for what you want to do. If you're not looking for a wide range of different tones and the Orange does produce a tone you like, the value seems good.

I have a bias, as you may know, towards being able to get a lot of different tones out of my equipment, but I'm a guitar player and perhaps a strange one at that. :laughing Any comments I make about flexibility should probably be placed in that context.

So I'm thinking about picking up a smaller amp for practicing since I'm tired of lugging my 80lb Bassman 400 over to the drummer's house every week. Does anyone have any suggestions in the 50W range?

Considering that I'm kind of an elitist prick and tend to buy European things, I was looking at this...

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend...es-CR50BXT-50W-1x12-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=424059

...but not one dealer in the area has one on the floor for me to try out. Thoughts? :dunno

Fender SuperChamp XD. Works pretty well even in small gigs, 24 pounds, can't complain.

Orange guitar amps are known for a particular British rock sound. They do make other amps with different voicings these days, but they don't make any single amp that has a lot of tonal versatility.

That might not matter for what you want to do. If you're not looking for a wide range of different tones and the Orange does produce a tone you like, the value seems good.

I have a bias, as you may know, towards being able to get a lot of different tones out of my equipment, but I'm a guitar player and perhaps a strange one at that. :laughing Any comments I make about flexibility should probably be placed in that context.

A lot of tone difference isn't an issue when it comes to bass IMO.

Fender SuperChamp XD. Works pretty well even in small gigs, 24 pounds, can't complain.

That would be a guitar amp. I'm looking for bass amps. :thumbup

A lot of tone difference isn't an issue when it comes to bass IMO.

That's true, though I think I remember you looking for a particular tone when you first got the Fender. The bottom line will be whether the amp produces the sound you want.

That's true, though I think I remember you looking for a particular tone when you first got the Fender. The bottom line will be whether the amp produces the sound you want.

Considering it will not be the amp I perform with, I'm not too particular on the sound adjustments.

Back