• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

Kelly just surprised the ever loving shit out of me! I had absolutely no idea she worked with the dealer to get the amp I'd been lusting over forever and they held it from my view every time I kept coming into the store to look at it. They kept it a secret for months! :love :laughing

c4cgy8d0s98obcqa9ysr.jpg

Last edited:
I’m one to talk, as I seldom get rid of amps. To my wife’s dismay, they accumulate.

In my living room is the Fractal and Mesa 2:90 rig, as well as a Mesa Maverick. Also in there are the Spark and a THR-10. Pointless to keep both of those, really. But I can run the THR on batteries. Do I? No.

The garage hides a Boogie MKIV and a GK ML250. Couldn’t tell you the last time I plugged into the GK. it doesn’t take up much room...

Under my bed hides the Mesa Tri-Axis the Fractal replaced. I know it’s still there because I stubbed my toe on it the other day.

I’m one to talk, as I seldom get rid of amps. To my wife’s dismay, they accumulate.

In my living room is the Fractal and Mesa 2:90 rig, as well as a Mesa Maverick. Also in there are the Spark and a THR-10. Pointless to keep both of those, really. But I can run the THR on batteries. Do I? No.

The garage hides a Boogie MKIV and a GK ML250. Couldn’t tell you the last time I plugged into the GK. it doesn’t take up much room...

Under my bed hides the Mesa Tri-Axis the Fractal replaced. I know it’s still there because I stubbed my toe on it the other day.

Didn't you switch to DI recently?

Yeah, the masters on most Mesa amps have never acted like they're an audio taper. You'll find that most of the perceived volume increase will be in the first quarter to third of a turn of the knob. Beyond that, it just saturates more.

The owner of the store she got it from told me that channel 1, switched to EXTREME, would be more "metal" than the actual high gain channel 2. He was totally right. And that's weird.

I think that on the 90W Mark IV extreme is found on channel 3. They may have done it this way to let you switch between a classic Mark lead sound and something closer to a recto.

On the volume issue, have you tried the different wattage settings? If not, switch it to the lowest wattage and you should be able to push the power section harder and still tolerate being in the same room with it.

Back