• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

Oooo, that looks cool! I'm not much of a Marshall fan which probably explains why I've never heard of that model. Is it low wattage and all tube?

Oooo, that looks cool! I'm not much of a Marshall fan which probably explains why I've never heard of that model. Is it low wattage and all tube?

It's basically a 50/100 watt jcm model tube amp (depending on the output switch position.) it's got decibels for dayssss. The overdrive channel sounds so good with my les paul that I haven't even tried my pedal board with it. I've just been plugging straight in and it sounds so good

That's the one thing I've always felt Marshall got right. Their EL34s always had that awesome "Marshall Distortion". Save for the Triple Rectifier, I don't feel there's really any other amp line on the market that has such a great sounding factory head distortion sound. :thumbup

So this one is going to be next...gonna offload a few others to support it. I like the style, color and the compound radius for sure. :cool

https://www.charvel.com/gear/shape/so-cal/style-2/pro-mod-so-cal-style-2-24-hh-ht-cm/2966561527

2966561527_cha_ins_fal_01_rr.png

2966561527_cha_ins_bck_01_rl.png

[youtube]xF1QwhRGs9U[/youtube]

Last edited:
Kelso: that jubilee is badass. Cut right thru a mix it will.

Kornholio: that’s so crazy re Charvel pro mod2.:thumbup This one has had me tight in the pants for a couple months now. https://www.charvel.com/gear/shape/so-cal/style-2/pro-mod-so-cal-style-2-24-hh-2pt-cm-ash/2966511503

K gotta get back to it. Guy sent me 3 tunes I have to have under my fingers by tue afternoon.
-stp vasoline
-u2 still haven’t found
-Seger turn the page(wtf is it with Seger fans. I don’t get it)

I gave him a brief rundown re which rigs I can bring, he said just bring your guitar.

Ummm...that sounds interesting. Dude better have some decent delay on hand or Edge’s stuff gonna sound like ass.

Kornholio: that’s so crazy re Charvel pro mod2. :thumbup

This one has had me tight in the pants for a couple months now. https://www.charvel.com/gear/shape/so-cal/style-2/pro-mod-so-cal-style-2-24-hh-2pt-cm-ash/2966511503

:laughing

That's literally the only one I can find in stock anywhere right now outside of Reverb. I've got my heart set on the Robin Egg Blue, though.

Also, is it just me, or is The Edge pretty much an overrated guitarist that just hides behind multiple delay pedals? :dunno :later

:laughing

That's literally the only one I can find in stock anywhere right now outside of Reverb. I've got my heart set on the Robin Egg Blue, though.

Also, is it just me, or is The Edge pretty much an overrated guitarist that just hides behind multiple delay pedals? :dunno :later

Not a U2 fan at all, but The Edge does own some epic riffs and intros. Often an intro will hit and gets me pumped then the rest of the song just fizzles and ruins it.

[YOUTUBE]H8dZwXnMrRU[/YOUTUBE]

I've never been a fan of U2, but can summon an appreciation of what Edge has contributed to their sound.

His approach is often described as "minimalist," which could be one way of saying he doesn't have the chops to be anything but. That may actually be the case, but I'd say his contribution has been to apply whatever skill he does have and his aesthetic sense to create a soundscape or texture. To anyone playing U2 covers, it's not a real demanding task.

To write the U2 material and decide how it should sound is another matter and as with everyone else is the confluence of imagination, technical limitations and other problem solving. In Edge's case, some of the problem solving has been in the use of delays and sustainers.

The guy sends me a txt last night asking for a rain check until next tue because his “drummer is out”. Gee, what a surprise...yet another flakey deal.:rolleyes Ah well, I was looking for a band when I found this one. So, forward.

U2 is most assuredly not my jam, but that doesn’t matter in this context. My job in this situation isn’t to play what I like. It’s to play what puts the butts in the seats, to play music that sells more beer, makes other people happy, and maybe even gets that sad sack sitting alone at the end of the bar laid.

And even though I don’t listen to U2, I have to admit that with a tc electronic ditto a Boss dd7 and waaaay too much reverb, it’s kinda fun to play.:dunno

Shoot, I’d give it a try right about now. Have tele will travel.:teeth

I actually really dig some “country”. Hank Williams, George Jones, Merl, Waylon, Patsy Cline. Love me some Johnny Highland, Brent Mason, and believe it or not Brad Paisley legit shreds. Check out his mostly instrumental album “Play”.

When I first discovered it I had never heard of a G bender guitar before. I spun a few gears trying to figure out wtf was going on.

Welp, not my jam but somebody(s) is going to get a couple we’ll cared for instruments for roughly 25% off.:thumbup

Some of these Indo instruments are pretty high quality for the price imo. I just grabbed a PRS Zach Meyers a couple days ago. It’s a shockingly fine instrument for $650. That pro mod2 is next on the import list as soon as my boy at gc finds me an unopened one from the warehouse. When gc corporate says “in stock” on the web page what they sometimes really mean is “we’ll pull it off the wall of the XYZ store and try to sell it to you for the new and unopened price”.

That’s where have a good relationship with an associate comes in super handy. My guy did some digging and there are 24 new pro mod 2’s making their way the KC warehouse, and they hould be ready to ship by 5/24

But not the robins egg ones, just the black ash w/trem

Yeah I'm willing to negotiate too. :cool

All proceeds go to the Pro Mod 2, of course. There's a few places on Reverb that have them in stock. However, I'd much rather get it from Sweetwater where I can generally trust the shipping but definitely can trust that they'll stand behind it if something's wrong. But they're telling me they won't have any until September... :(

Ok after selling the Jaguar yesterday, I couldn't hold back any longer. I found a high-rated retailer on Reverb that had the Robin's Egg Blue version in stock, brand new. Pulled the trigger. :cool

Sweet! If you have time, a little rundown would be appreciated.

I’ll have to live vicariously through you for a bit, since I just found out I won’t get my hands on one until July at the earliest. My guy got one in Saturday and gave me a call. I asked how that Gotoh 510 trem felt, he’s all “what trem, this is the hardtail version”. I sent him the wrong sku#

Dumbass.:laughing

Last edited:
Back