• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Musician thread

Haha she plays standing up. That's why I suggested it because when she plays her electric cello, her arms seem to be in a more natural position rather than having her left arm like a t rex while sitting down playing her big ass acoustic. Also, the smaller body allows for her to rotate het body more towards the instrument, taking pressure off the shoulders from being in a weird position for long periods of time

Hmmmm...I can get into one for less than a good Indo semi-hollow.

What does she run it through? Something flat response so it doesn’t color the sound?

Can't speak for her, but violinist Jerry Goodman (Mahavishnu Orchestra, Dixie Dregs) used to run a Mesa Tri-Axis into a Simul-2:90. His rig had some light distortion, which enriched the violin harmonics.

Still trying to get the MS-3 setup the way I like it. It's all incremental work when I have time since Boss hasn't upgraded their programming software for the latest Mac OS software, therefore I'm doing this all one step at a time through the controls on the face of the unit. : |

Hmmm...that sorta thing seems to be happening a lot more often lately, companies rushing products to market before they’re fully vetted. One of my old band mates just purchased a TC Electronic Plethora X5 and the “tone print” function(the entire reason he bought the thing) was so buggy it’d crash the whole system every time he tried to use it. So he went to their forums for advice and lo, dozens of pissed off guitar players with the same problem.

And TC is prob one of the more legit players!:laughing

I mean, it's not impossible to do it one patch at a time manually, just a lot more time consuming and annoying. But the features of this thing are so good that I'm just dealing with it. I'm also now addicted to pedal shopping... :laughing

When you’re listening to some Joe, and wifey says “oh I thought that was you” as she walks into the room.

I think she knows when I’m feeling fat and unattractive.:laughing

Satch for sure. I’ve been working on a couple of his tunes trying to improve my melodic phrasing.

I love the Blues, but Bonamassa just isn’t my jam. Stellar musician and all, but...meh

Kelso, what does your gf run the electric cello through? FRFR?

Kelso, what does your gf run the electric cello through? FRFR?

I believe she had a fishman loudbox before she moved here from Ohio for actual gigs (she's played arena shows with big bands like disturbed and other crap like that) but she sold it and now just plays through a channel on her portable PA that she uses for busking. I think she's in the market for a new amp that she can use for cello and bass, but she just bought a ktm 390 duke so I'm sure she's not looking to dish out anymore cash right away

I've finally decided that I'd like to get back together with a band again. Kelly's been encouraging it and so now I've started the process of looking around.

Last edited:
If you can find a like minded group of industrious individuals who take their music seriously and are determined perform on a regular basis, then plz share your secret.

I’ve been trying to find these mythical creatures since early 2019 and all I’ve come across are flakes, guys who VASTLY overstate their skillsets and want me to carry them, kids who think chugging away on 2 strings is exciting and dynamic, and ex band mates who have somehow managed to devolve BACKWARD in their musical trajectories and have gone from somewhat competent musicians to sucking infected monkeynutz.

All I want to do is bring a little fun into the lives of a few drunken saloon patrons.

Dang.:nchantr

Agreed. The last band I played with was in San Diego. We had a good thing going for a while but, admittedly, the "lead guitarist" was no more skilled at playing guitar than I am and I would never classify myself as anything more than a rhythm guitarist. He consistently hid his playing behind massively thick walls of delay, wah and chorus...ostensibly to hide the fact that he wasn't really playing anything all that interesting in the first place. Still, the songs were interesting and I was having fun with it, but they were more interested in "making it" and I had both feet on the ground with a good job that didn't make sense to give up. As far as I know, they're still unsigned.

When I just gotta throw that F#m7b5 in there...

Attachments

• C6B67FE8-029D-4FB7-862D-7BF01B9A9547.jpeg
    C6B67FE8-029D-4FB7-862D-7BF01B9A9547.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 30
Back