• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Love that SXV. I feel like my moto life won't be complete without owning one.

Aaand the morning commute..

mDh4AMR.jpg

Love that SXV. I feel like my moto life won't be complete without owning one.

It is such an interesting feeling that it gives you. It doesn't ride right when going "slow" through the twisties and makes it feel clumsy, you end up squaring off the corners by over turning. When you pick up the pace to "sportbike scary fast", it starts to feel right at home and gets smoother. Makes you think, damn that felt slow, I can go faster, so you go faster, and faster, and faster because the faster you go, the smoother it gets and easier it is to ride. It's a very rewarding machine.

I found the secret is to go hot enough into the corner that you think, "I'm going too fast" but don't slow down and just go. That is the perfect speed.

Last edited:
That sounds perfect. Because when you ride a DRZSM for the first time it's like...well that was disappointing.

Froze myself today
attachment.php

i want one of these so bad but i have to get on the highway for a good clip to ride anywhere fun - how comfortable/manageable are they for a 200 mile ride? with some highway?

i want one of these so bad but i have to get on the highway for a good clip to ride anywhere fun - how comfortable/manageable are they for a 200 mile ride? with some highway?
I haven't ridden one enough to say much but it didn't seem any worse than my WR450, which I've done 300mi days on. High maintenance, obviously.

Sorry if this is getting off-topic from the thread, but now I can't let this seat thing go :)

Here are pics of the Corbin seat for this bike vs. stock. (The red piping on the Corbin is optional or can be a different color.)

Does the Corbin look a lot better?
I like the Corbin a bit better. But both seem a bit "puffier" on passenger seat than the seat on the Griso I tested some years ago (first year version).
Check it out:
i-VjFVdG8-XL.jpg

The same ... but just slightly different?

They're miserable on the butt for rides over 1 hour. It's basically perfect for the 1 hour rip to the top. A few minutes break. Then rip back.

You can do 200 miles as long as there is a good break in the middle for fuel.
100 miles is a safe MAXIMUM range before having to fuel up with my 3 gallon tank. As for the older smaller tanks, they should only be 2 gallons I believe.

Highway sucks. It can do it but I HIGHLY recommend NOT doing it if avoidable. To my riding spot, there is a 20 minute section of boring straight road at 65 mph. It can do an indicated 129 mph but I feel bad doing it on long straight sections of pavement for long periods of time. These things are like racing Motocross bikes with a license plate.

Fremont Peak

39729214535_a041c3ff8f_b.jpg

39729209425_b003812bc4_b.jpg

Salinas Rd (to San Juan Grade)

39729212705_d6d5a5bb32_b.jpg

Elkhorn Rd

40624693401_888b039e83_b.jpg

25752118287_80170df63c_c.jpg

Not my bike, but I hadn't seen a new V4 yet. Sounded good.

39912193664_2c1d92b1aa_c.jpg

I love the Windy Hill stretch of Skyline. Cool clouds and light today.

Last edited:
***fugly*** bike [FZ-07] set amidst better looking backdrops

Fort Point on a crisp +40°F morn
highres_468993086.jpeg

Chileno Valley Rd after the rain
highres_468993087.jpeg

Meyers Grade Rd overlooking the Sonoma coast
highres_468993092.jpeg

Back