• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Memorial Day Mines Road

Eqejngeh.jpg

SBw2RlNh.jpg

Figured I better get a ride in today before the big heat wave hits this week. Hope everyone is having a great, safe Memorial Day.

bxBOKbJ.jpg

6RjzOyv.jpg

These are some of the most dystopian pictures I have seen of San Jose. Eerie when you add the murals and sculptures of children and development, juxtaposed with graffiti, extreme homelessness, drug addiction, trash and decomposition.

A++ Gary!!!!!

On the way up to Silver City, looking back toward civilization.
IADQ1Te.jpg

The highest point on the road headed to Silver City.
joMafXq.jpg

They need to cross out "welcome" on their sign. They're making sure only locals can come any further. And it makes sense, because there's nowhere to go beyond this point and the town has no services at all.
XVIcpIA.jpg

On the way out I spotted a road I've never been on. "I wonder where that goes?"
According to Garmin I should be able to follow it all the way to Jordan Valley. But not when riding alone with mud and snow still along the road. Garmin says it's "Flint Creek Rd" but the road signs say "Road 483". I'll have to come back and find out what's at the other end of this road.
JCEdbWc.jpg

You got out!! :thumbup

I did! :party

I felt like a law-breakin' hooligan the entire time due to not receiving my tags/registration from DMV yet, but we didn't see anyone out and about on either of the days so it was all good! I love riding out of our place down there, and I love me a Husky 610 like no other :love

On the way out I spotted a road I've never been on. "I wonder where that goes?"
According to Garmin I should be able to follow it all the way to Jordan Valley. But not when riding alone with mud and snow still along the road. Garmin says it's "Flint Creek Rd" but the road signs say "Road 483". I'll have to come back and find out what's at the other end of this road.
JCEdbWc.jpg

What road were you on when you saw the 483 sign? Looks like there's a ghost town of Flint, and a cemetery! Double bonus!

Apparently Flint is at the other end. I was closer to Silver City.

I only went as far as what this map shows as War Eagle Mountain.

Ahh...got it. Looks like on my map that if you headed south on that little white line out of Silver City that you could probably make it down to Flint on a regular dirt bike. Maybe :laughing Would be fun to try!

Hwy 49 south of Coulterville
xBMmp40.jpg

Hey I was just up there this morning! :thumbup

Gotta get out early in the day to beat the heat. It was just about this time in the ride I noticed my back tire was starting to show a cord or 2. Won't be able to take her out again until I get a new Rosso 3 put on there..

pCreiYI.jpg

6wmokcx.jpg

MOYX0il.jpg

QKb84ZA.jpg

Back