• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

My new XR taking a break at 8,000 feet after some great throttle therapy. Big brother GS to the right.
You guys need to try a route like this: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Nev...83b246986!2m2!1d-120.8276966!2d39.5595198!3e0

That's not the only way through there, but it's some beautiful country. Then ride up to the top of Sierra Buttes after Downieville. You can go all but the last half mile on a bike. (Actually all the way if you ignore the gate and keep out signs.)

I rode that route with an R1200GS rider about two and a half years ago when I still had my 990 Adventure. I'm sure photos of it are buried in the "Photos of your bike on location" thread from about then. After we made it to Downieville, the GS rider decided that he had had enough, but I talked him into at least going up to the parking area on Sierra Buttes where they drop of the mountain bike riders. I then pointed out a nice paved road back out of there for him and I continued up to the top.

My new XR taking a break at 8,000 feet after some great throttle therapy. Big brother GS to the right.

How do you like riding the XR compared to the Multistrada?

San Antonio Valley Rd

The dry grass had an oily, fragrant herbal smell.

dgKiN4v.jpg

oK1h6mE.jpg

Welch Creek Rd

i48jWik.jpg

ykWzljy.jpg

W2GuMRs.jpg

tKKCiRk.jpg

My twin grandsons Chris and Dezmond at Hollister Hills today.

Attachments

• 6BB03CED-479F-4D94-9D40-9913BB69FD27.jpeg
    6BB03CED-479F-4D94-9D40-9913BB69FD27.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 307
How do you like riding the XR compared to the Multistrada?

The XR is a little more civilized than the Multistrada. :) I really like being able to get both feet down when stopped. :teeth Two very different bikes that both work well but do it differently. If Ducati had made a low model I have a new one. But I am quite happy with the BMW. Except for the seat, it is not as good as the Ducati. Neither Corbin or Sargent has made one for the 2020 XR, hope they do soon.

:thumbup

Time for grandpa to start looking for bigger bike$$$! :laughing

I know. Going to sell the XR 70 then get something bigger with a clutch . If they both learn to use a clutch then sell the ttr 90.:thumbup
Never ends,they outgrow everything!

The XR is a little more civilized than the Multistrada. :)

Glad that you're enjoying the new XR, Bill. By "more civilized" I assume you mean the BMW I4 power delivery is smoother, less concussive, than the Ducati twin...

Mt Umumhun

There's a strong sense of transition watching the sun set from a mountain top, as light gives in to darkness. Often the image of Dracula waking up pops into my head. :laughing

LXbSzUf.jpg

Last edited:
I rode that route with an R1200GS rider about two and a half years ago when I still had my 990 Adventure. I'm sure photos of it are buried in the "Photos of your bike on location" thread from about then. After we made it to Downieville, the GS rider decided that he had had enough, but I talked him into at least going up to the parking area on Sierra Buttes where they drop of the mountain bike riders. I then pointed out a nice paved road back out of there for him and I continued up to the top.

looks challenging

I decided to take a known and familiar route for a few hours - Boise Ridge Rd, up along one of the local mountain ranges. It's about two hours worth of riding if you don't stop along the way to take photos. Still less than three hours at the rate I was riding.

The start of Boise Ridge Rd at the south end.
kLxIytS.jpg

Where Eagleson Rd splits off. I rode part way up that one just to check it out.
cKxSpWO.jpg

Since I wasn't going all the way to the other end, I decided against riding through this big mud hole twice and turned around here.
9Fj181t.jpg

Where the road comes out at Bogus Basin Rd. Half way to the other end.
NEDTmC2.jpg

Where Pine Creek Rd splits off. I decided to head down it a ways to make sure all the snow was gone. Last time I tried riding up it, we had to turn around at a big snow bank.
jUxPO96.jpg

It would be difficult to get a big truck past this point on Pine Creek. Easy to get by it on a bike.
qXOqkrI.jpg

The north end of Boise Ridge Rd. No snow along the entire path and no serious mud if you're on two wheels.
ckAZfsY.jpg

Some pix I took Doordashing getting paid to ride. Don't know what was up with all that bread probably goat food =P

0612201406_HDR-XL.jpg

0612201417_HDR-XL.jpg

0612201420_HDR-XL.jpg

0612201927a_HDR-XL.jpg

0612201928a_HDR-XL.jpg

0612201928_HDR-XL.jpg

0612202008-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Back