• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Late lunch quick cruise up the 2 for the first time on my new scoot (Monster 821)

Attachments

• 99FD48CD-47D2-4DDD-860E-C062141DB84A.jpg
    99FD48CD-47D2-4DDD-860E-C062141DB84A.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 87
Magic Hour: Mines Road

image1.jpg

Put some new shoes on my baby, barely made it to the sunset on Mines Road at 8PM:laughing. Confidence inspiring 50/50 Dunlop, I saw about 5 different deer crossing the road on the way back down from the Junction in the dark at 9:30PM :rant

image0.jpg

These are some of the most dystopian pictures I have seen of San Jose. Eerie when you add the murals and sculptures of children and development, juxtaposed with graffiti, extreme homelessness, drug addiction, trash and decomposition.

I had to be discrete with the camera, but the plight of homelessness is shocking to see up close. I feel lucky to be able to take a shower at home.

Along Guadalupe River Trail

uJBvcGQ.jpg

AbsS5LA.jpg

08iNITT.jpg

Sierra Rd

wlYJsHK.jpg

Mt Hamilton

Z8Cqu0Y.jpg

VyQ3AEs.jpg

Last edited:
More beautiful pics Gary. :thumbup

Paul that is a sweet shot too.

Closed parking lot at Shunk Hollow SP on Salmon Falls Rd.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1789.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 348
Sunday PM short ride with daughter to Morgan Territory. Lots of peeps out hiking up here.

u2MDU08h.jpg

A make sure you leave it in first parking job below :laughing

Looks like I could get away with saying she was giving the BARF salute here.

NsPGXVSh.jpg

Sunday PM short ride with daughter to Morgan Territory. Lots of peeps out hiking up here...

Ken, did you make a stop at the Junction in front of the mail boxes? My group and I might have waved at you in the afternoon:laughing

5-DBDBC35-55-FA-4145-A843-76-F5-F639770-A.jpg

4-A8-ABD23-4-B5-F-4-FFD-82-AD-AED3-B379-F0-EC.jpg

25-B98-EE8-B4-E3-47-E7-BE9-B-A252-EA252-E55.jpg

Wooden Valley Rd. Napa County this Monday afternoon. Beautiful skies and beautiful countryside were a wonderful tonic for the soul.

DSC02343.jpg

-Bill

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm fascinated with riding along train tracks, seeing where they lead to; sort of a forbidden fruit thing. (No, it's not really legal, could be dangerous, so don't do it.)

LSjY148.jpg

ReOfaKC.jpg

MxBAK2g.jpg

tPZrnek.jpg

6GHQd9i.jpg

evRSIVy.jpg

ZKSlFYG.jpg

The goal of this ride was to find the road from Silver City to Jordan Valley through the tops of the Owyhee Mountains. Google Maps showed a route and I figured my GPS could get me there. I sort of failed at that part, but had a great ride anyway with lots of beautiful scenery.

This is the turnoff from Silver City Rd to F483 (a.k.a., Flint Creek Rd).
ogzpX3n.jpg

For the third year in a row, there are crickets all over the place up in those hills.
d1IRQn1.jpg

They're thick enough in some places that you can't help squishing a bunch of them.
LaS8g74.jpg

The scenery up there is beautiful once you get up high.
0hUhtv9.jpg

I saw the antenna on the top of this hill, but this side road looked a bit too rough for me riding solo.
6jeIMQc.jpg

On the way back out I realized that there was an easier road up to the top, so I went up there. A couple guys in a side by side were just about to head down. I asked if they knew the name of the mountain. War Eagle Mountain, and that's what Google Maps says it's called as well.
kyJFJ8z.jpg

Headed south, snow covered the road in a few spots. Fortunately it was flat enough to work my way around the edge. These are the two worst spots.
cSkVGa0.jpg

k5hfT7e.jpg

Once up high, my GPS got confused and I wasn't sure of the route through to Jordan Valley, so I turned around and headed back out. I didn't want to go back the same way on Silver City Rd, so I headed toward Oregon. However, instead of taking the usual southern route to Jordan Valley, I took the northern split that comes out on Highway 95 many miles closer to home. Heading back into Idaho on Highway 95 there were six separate Owyhee County Sheriff cars running radar. Welcome to Idaho. I just waved at most of them. Two were busy writing tickets. I've never seen enforcement there before, but when they do it, they are pretty serious about it.

My new XR taking a break at 8,000 feet after some great throttle therapy. Big brother GS to the right.

attachment.php

Note, both bikes just a month old. Some of us Barfers are doing our part to kick start the economy. :teeth

Back