• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

skaggs springs road

Attachments

• 20200614_105535.jpg
    20200614_105535.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 101
Twas a nice day today...

picture.php

Did the goat road to Cambria yesterday,

Finally repairing road slide offs on Santa Rosa creek rd, tar snaked Old Creek Rd

Attachments

• IMG_2534.jpg
    IMG_2534.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2541.jpg
    IMG_2541.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 97
Didn't Norman Reedus give a tour of that house on his "Ride" TV show?

Edit: Camp Nit Wit, yup.

Last edited:
Upper Zayante Rd

I'm usually not bothered by tar snakes, but it's slippery when they smear it across the whole lane like this. Got to be extra careful when wet.

8AwyCe0.jpg

vD7OvzN.jpg

E Zayante Rd

GJJD7FD.jpg

cIULZSe.jpg

Just a couple Duke's and a Tuono at the Burger Bar today.
Man, this 890 is fun! :ride :teeth :party

Attachments

• Duke Sqaured 1.jpg
    Duke Sqaured 1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Duke Sqaured 2.jpg
    Duke Sqaured 2.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 92
Yeah and I would have spotted it as one had I looked around first. Cop was behind one car in the adjacent lane. Light changed and I wheelied through an intersection, 1st gear nothing crazy then slowed to the speed limit. She may have been waiting to see if I was going to run, don't know. I pulled over and got off soon as the light came on a block behind me.
She gets out of the car an immediately tells me she'll give me a break and won't impound the bike if I have a clean record. I have a riding in a bus lane from 3 years ago, guess that was clean enough.
The offense written on the ticket is Unsafe Start which is a big break from what it could have been.

I've been trying to find out how far you can get from Silver City toward Jordan Valley. Others in the area have made it clear that even though the maps show roads, it's closed part way through. So my goal was to find out how far you could get before coming to a locked gate. Now I know.

The start of Road F483, Flint Creek Rd.
szesCMj.jpg

At the top of War Eagle Mountain. You can see the whole valley where we all live from up here.
gfxgm5H.jpg

Continuing on 483, up at the top. This little bit of easy stuff was a bit of a rest before the steeper and rockier parts.
9VExSaL.jpg

According to Google Maps, this is Hayden Peak. There is a road to the top, I decided to try to ride up there.
CEjeGkR.jpg

Road 494 heads up Hayden Peak. This is after I turned around because it's just too steep and rocky. Less steep or less rocky would have been okay, but I would have had to just fly up the road and the bike doesn't want to steer on loose rocks like this. It's between 15 and 20 degrees of angle all the way up - steep enough that if you lose momentum you can't get going again. Maybe I could make it on a bike about 200 pounds lighter.
HoHI6Dr.jpg

Seven or eight miles in is this warning sign. Clearly marked for sure.
bmFwFNs.jpg

It was actually 1.3 miles from the sign that said it was one mile ahead. This is as far as you can go on this road. I figured it was about nine miles from Silver City Road, but Google Maps says 8.4.
44pVr9J.jpg

On the way back out I stopped for lunch at this nice view spot.
yLSuOzo.jpg

They're doing some road work on Silver City Road. Apparently they're digging up all of the rocks that stick up above the road surface from an inch to six inches. I caught them on their lunch break coming back down, had to squeeze past them headed up.
tJVMnY1.jpg

You guys are living the good life! :ride

You guys are living the good life! :ride
I miss being able to arrange for other people to ride with. BARF was good for that most of the time. I think my next ride will be all pavement after struggling with some of those steep rocky roads. :cool

I think my next ride will be all pavement after struggling with some of those steep rocky roads. :cool

The unpredictable difficulty level of unknown dirt trails on a 500-lb bike stresses me out. I've sort of lost my appetite for it.

Mt Hamilton, of course.

OC5vxB1.jpg

oaMjqV9.jpg

Last edited:
Pescadero Beach yesterday, Did the Alice run and beyond..

c2aWMj9.jpg

Back