• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Finally got a shot that reflects the scale of my ride vs foliage.

You have the pix centered in the road,
Bike is about 50 yards out, not quite popping out as center of attention.
Cropping would make the bike more pronounced, but lose the overpowering scale.
Planning on getting up along the ridge line, Eel Rock rd.

Attachments

• IMG_2626.jpg
    IMG_2626.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 49
If I crop the left edge of the pix into the tree, (lose the light, top left corner) the bike pops more.
It could take hours for the sun to move, and might not get there.
I wanted a dark, oversize backdrop, this wasn't the primary pose for this pix.

If I crop the left edge of the pix into the tree, (lose the light, top left corner) the bike pops more.
It could take hours for the sun to move, and might not get there.
I wanted a dark, oversize backdrop, this wasn't the primary pose for this pix.
You could always move the bike...

Just sayin'.

klr.weaverbolly.lo_.jpg

Weaver Bolly watch tower and the Trinity Alps, Hoho Magic not-a-Rally, 07/25/2020.

:ride

Last edited:
You could probably compose some nice shots from near your place. Do you need a push? :teeth

Yes....but I do feel my days of riding street bikes are behind me. That little TTR is about my speed these days.

Here are some of the pretty places my bikes have taken me-

Y9hOEVY.jpg

On the way up Whiteface, NY in October

Bx119vq.jpg

Top of Whiteface, NY in October

gFoklrn.jpg

going through Yellowstone

mTHHBAI.jpg

Valle de los Gigante, Mexico

yNDyJ78.jpg

Switzerland

Qbl1FPS.jpg

New Jersey

JXP04Zr.jpg

Temporary breakdown somewhere in Mexico

7LhPXTX.jpg

Colorado

00MX5Zt.jpg

New Mexico

haven't shot all that much here in CA, but I will.

This was my primary pose, went hiking around checking angles.
Fun with sizing pix, no phone coverage out here, good wifi. Take pix with iPhone, resize it and send email to my 'puter. Wait for it a couple of days until its' turn in cue, then it shows up today

Attachments

• IMG_2624.jpg
    IMG_2624.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
We do have a cell booster for verizon under this shade structure, signal is flakey, different levels of connectivity come & go, voice is there, data slow.

Attachments

• IMG_2558.jpg
    IMG_2558.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 38
No front brake in Colorado?
Reminds me of my early rides, '69 XLCH
:thumbup

Colorado was fine. Here it's a little more hairy with the lane splitting. I can stop, just not as soon as I want to sometimes. I miss those mountain roads.

Another exploration ride today with the goal of getting back before the temperature passed 85 degrees. Supposed to get over 100 today.

I wanted to cross Swan Falls Dam and see if there was a different way out than what we took last time. This is after getting across the dam. Last time I was here a guy working there said that it was okay to ride across. Didn't see anybody this time, but walked all the way to the other side of the building to be sure nobody would be affected. Then rode slowly across.
vW5eOLL.jpg

On the other side there is a narrow hiking trail overgrown with bushes and weeds. At least it's not steep. This is at the end of that trail at the road heading up out of there. There is a seriously rocky section, but keep some momentum and it's not too tough.
Pd1T71K.jpg

Up where it flattens out there is a road heading upstream. Decided to see where that one goes and ended up here. Looks like some kind of pumping station.
pZN2d0x.jpg

Heading back out on the road heading away from the river, there is a low spot where apparently the recent rain collected with no way around. Slimy mud requiring the dragging of feet to get through. At least there weren't any deeper spots in this.
rZ3GBja.jpg

The goal of this ride was to see if there is a way back to Highway 78 that doesn't go way south. This road looked like a possibility but didn't quite go anywhere.
5ShqdS8.jpg

I eventually found a road that looked promising. Only had to ignore one No Trespassing sign, followed the tracks of a truck along the edge of a wheat field, then eventually came to a nice road. It got better and better as I went further along. They grow a bit of corn in the area. I think I went as far south as last time to find a road out of there.
7GaNsFW.jpg

Great photos!!
Ironhead Jay, looking forward to more posts from you. :thumbup

Here are some of the pretty places my bikes have taken me-

haven't shot all that much here in CA, but I will.

Wow @ironhead_jay. Every single shot is gorgeous, magazine worthy! A traveling Harley is a cool looking Harley; it has an Easy Rider vibe to it. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos. :thumbup

Another exploration ride today with the goal of getting back before the temperature passed 85 degrees. Supposed to get over 100 today.

Nice shots, Scott. (Steep dirt roads and mud are two things I hate. :laughing)

Back