• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

This is an oldie, 3 motorcycles ago. Tioga Pass, it does not get much better than the high serrias.

1119930_10200695432444499_1891117757_o.jpg

Only rode a few miles before heading home to switch bike due to the right fork dripping. Frustrating!

wMB1kPX.jpg

The 690 felt like a baby toy after hopping off the Ulysses.

Pescadero

e0Toc2S.jpg

7gqnznu.jpg

Lobitas Creek Rd

efCow0j.jpg

Skyline

G2hHuyt.jpg

Today's ride, go over the hill from Boise to Idaho City and back, as much dirt as possible.

Eagleson Rd. You can get a Jeep through there, but you'll scratch up the sides of it. Much of it is like a wide single-track trail. Medium difficulty.
7if75mV.jpg

Clear Creek Rd heading down toward Highway 21.
OLgKKZg.jpg

Turned onto Wildcat Gulch Rd about 100 feet before getting to the highway. It's a ridge with good views to both sides. This is looking toward Bogus Basin Ski Resort.
c7BP6EH.jpg

Toward the far end of Wildcat Gulch Rd. Riding through the forest.
ahIsbb4.jpg

On the way back, heading up Pine Creek Rd toward Bogus Basin.
OF3DCG0.jpg

Made it to the ski resort. All pavement from here. It was actually a pretty good run down the hill for about 2/3 of the way, before I caught up to enough slow traffic that I couldn't get around. The bike has the "street tires" on it, so it corners well.
uZbZ5dm.jpg

Riding through Pt. Reyes Station today and spotted not one, but two Kawasaki W650's.:teeth
Okay, three if you include mine.

pgySdzF.jpeg

Last edited:
Didn't have time to stop and take pictures this past weekend, but was able to convince two different riding buddies of mine to let me GoPro and edit their rides on familiar roads:

Saturday: Husky 701 Enduro on Mount Hamilton Road
[YOUTUBE]5PX1lLt-GXc[/YOUTUBE]

Sunday: Custom HD FXR on Redwood & Pinehurst
[YOUTUBE]9uL_In0DdEs[/YOUTUBE]

A new-to-me road between Murphy and Silver City Rd that skips the flat boring part of the paved section and dumps you right at where it gets interesting. Being a couple of old guys, we stopped to rest every once in a while.
FJ2fHGj.jpg

Flint Rd that loops back around south of Silver City.
SImizLx.jpg

There are a few farms out in the remote areas. The dust in the distance is the rider I was with leaving me behind.
eGcuoZc.jpg

I think this is still Flint Rd. Stopped for another break. A rancher came by on a quad and we talked with him a while while we were here.
DbbjYzL.jpg

The last summit before heading down into Oreana. It looks kind of deserty down in the valley below this.
oOzRDLH.jpg

New front tire, chain and sprockets. The front felt so supple and planted it was divine in the turns.

San Antonio Valley Rd

VKrRSGS.jpg

6fR6b3Z.jpg

aG7ib4Q.jpg

idxMV56.jpg

Mines near Tesla. Still very warm past 9pm.

VXUBPlp.jpg

How do you like those Dunlops?

They work better in the dirt than the stock Scorpion Rally STR's, front tread pattern does get wobbly on the Sled at 80+ speeds but I believe it's mainly a Scrambler issue.

Wear life has also been excellent, first rear tire to survive >2,500mi of hooning on Mines/Hamilton abrasive pavement!

Dunlop was running a good rebate when I purchased them two months back. Sweet ADV-R btw:thumbup

Last edited:
They work better in the dirt than the stock Scorpion Rally STR's, front tread pattern does get wobbly on the Sled at 80+ speeds but I believe it's mainly a Scrambler issue.

Wear life has also been excellent, first rear tire to survive >2,500mi of hooning on Mines/Hamilton abrasive pavement!

Dunlop was running a good rebate when I purchased them two months back. Sweet ADV-R btw:thumbup

Thanks!

Mount Timpanogos:
50238375626_74a06d10bc_k.jpg

My bike picked up a couple of extra horses....

attachment.php

:(

The 2 horses on Sycamore Canyon near Pfieffer in Big Sur were the friendliest pair. They were always fun to see, and feed if you had a spare apple.

My post and pic is from 2014.

I've got to say, some people suck...

Attachments

• Hurt horse.JPG
    Hurt horse.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 50
:(

The 2 horses on Sycamore Canyon near Pfieffer in Big Sur were the friendliest pair. They were always fun to see, and feed if you had a spare apple.

My post and pic is from 2014.

I've got to say, some people suck...

WTF???
God we need to euthanize some people on this planet.

Back