• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

I posted a pic from this spot years ago when the road was gone, now the road is replaced and the fire went through it...

picture.php

Edit: Same spot, 2017 with a really big pot hole.

If you're doing the Carmel Valley Road/Greenfield run, Cachagua Road is closed, probably for a while. The road in one section is gone.

Was up there yesterday, posted this in the sink but probably more useful here.

picture.php

Somewhere in this section...

Some more from Cachagua Road...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I went up Skytop Lane as well to check out a house that was once owned by a friend's mother in the late 90's, but she has since passed and the house was sold. He had his wedding there in 1997... I couldn't remember exactly which house it was, but mainly because ALL the houses on that particular side of the road were gone.... The marriage ended about a year ago, so my friend said "sad, but apropos..." when I told him this afternoon.

Last edited:
Rented this big scooter (low suspension) from Riders-Share. It's pretty photogenic.

These two are for Scott, ex-Mr. Palomeras Rd. :ride

Uk4yps7.jpg

0ES5jaS.jpg

Calaveras Rd

Uhwv5hu.jpg

Mt Hamilton Rd

GzujkiT.jpg

Bad timing - 30 min wait for road work near top of Mt Hamilton

Qq6F9YC.jpg

top of Mt Hamilton

RCM0nSf.jpg

San Leandro Marina

This bike felt half as wide and twice as tall, and much more like a motorcycle, compared to the GSA w/ low suspension (which felt like a luxury sports sedan).

3QEo5OJ.jpg

4hckBY2.jpg

I posted a pic from this spot years ago when the road was gone, now the road is replaced and the fire went through it...

picture.php

Edit: Same spot, 2017 with a really big pot hole.

Some more from Cachagua Road...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I went up Skytop Lane as well to check out a house that was once owned by a friend's mother in the late 90's, but she has since passed and the house was sold. He had his wedding there in 1997... I couldn't remember exactly which house it was, but mainly because ALL the houses on that particular side of the road were gone.... The marriage ended about a year ago, so my friend said "sad, but apropos..." when I told him this afternoon.

Damn! I forgot that house was up there. It was really nice up there.

Dude, you were the "Maid" of Honor, how can you forget? (True story!) :laughing

Seriously, all but 2 houses on that side of the hill are gone.

132 near Coulterville. Not too much smoke when I started my ride in the morning but on my way home I could tell it was starting to blow in from the Creek fire.

llzGo9u.jpg

GU8heOl.jpg

The kids enjoying a smoky sunset in the land of Yep.

50397972761_2f1987745d_b.jpg

I Wonder Where This Goes? - 1

Today's theme: "I wonder where that road goes?"

I've passed this road six or eight times, always wondered where it went, but was always on my way to somewhere else, so never checked it out. The main road going past is Harris Creek Rd, which goes from Horseshoe bend to Idaho City. The road heading south from here is Boise Ridge Rd and goes all the way to the south end of the mountain range. I've been on that multiple times. The road is 374 going both ways, so apparently it is a continuation of the same road. My GPS calls it Hawley Mountain Rd.
vMwNiqh.jpg

We're starting to get a few automn leaves up in the hills.
rhm7gZH.jpg

Green trees and great views up there.
W1iv0xk.jpg

The road is pretty smooth for eight and a half miles, then it gets rougher and less green.
jjGoCH6.jpg

There were eight others at the top of Hawley Mountain who came in these two Polaris whatever you call those things.
dBHsUZz.jpg

Great views at any of these mountain top lookouts.
iE4MVwG.jpg

Apparently there was some even on this road recently. Someone had marked miles 0 through 8, then there was one more sign at about the eight and a half mile mark (that didn't make any sense to me). I guess nobody takes the signs down afterward - or maybe the event is tomorrow, who knows?
UjqUg8P.jpg

I Wonder Where This Goes? - 2

Heading back out I found one more side road. I wonder where this goes?

I was looking for 307I, but this was 307H. If I had looked more carefully at my map I would have seen that it didn't go anywhere.
2skkJYX.jpg

Nice views up there too.
W1iv0xk.jpg

This is the end of that road. It literally doesn't go anywhere, but takes a few miles to get to this place.
Yw5ztBJ.jpg

There were some crazy temperature gradients between the hills and the ocean. Around 6pm, on Bonny Doon Rd, it was still 96 °F about 1.5 miles from hwy 1. It dropped to 63 °F when I reached hwy 1.

North end of 236, 2.2 miles in from Hwy 9

J1qcQr4.jpg

G4sFWqI.jpg

wqN6VrF.jpg

JucbEiB.jpg

Last edited:
^^^
Yes they are. :thumbup
I've said this before, Alex.....I really like your bike.

Back