• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Finally took the Berryessa tour, so much new to see, , ,
What looks like red oak stacked along the roads, as firewood waiting to be removed.
Red oak IS the wood needed for a real Santa Maria BBQ, charring up tri-tip.
Bring a truck, , ,

Markley Cove store gone, flashed back before the remodel, how that stood.
Looks like that one lane rd traffic light will be there a while.

A new bridge going into Turtle Rock? Did the old one burn or was it already in process for replacement?

A few big landmark type rocks have emerged from the foliage, I've never seen.

All those old resorts, imagine the wreckage, if those burned too.

Rode past the lake until I found my muse, this ol' tree burned a bit, had the leaves change for fall, needs some restacking, for the trick or treaters.

Attachments

• IMG_2787.jpg
    IMG_2787.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Green cross, a dispensary?

The fire has turned all leaves into fall, the pine trees standing in solidarity with the oaks, in burnt orange livery.
Neve have seen this much black in Berryessa

Attachments

• IMG_2783.jpg
    IMG_2783.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Dirtbag Challenge 2020, on the road to Usal Beach Campground. Nothing quite like riding 500 miles in 3 days on a home built motorcycle. :twofinger

50534681421_c58c95eb9e_b.jpg
[/url]20201025_122657 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

50533944303_f6f97b76bd_b.jpg
[/url]20201025_122731 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

50534661161_d3eeb04328_b.jpg
[/url]20201025_124015 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

50534848007_b891a25385_b.jpg
[/url]20201024_192018 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

Dirtbag Challenge 2020, on the road to Usal Beach Campground. Nothing quite like riding 500 miles in 3 days on a home built motorcycle. :twofinger

have to say, the new-ish camping Dirtbag format really appeals to me ... good on all this year's DB participants! :thumbup

how was the party at the finish line this year? :gsxrgrl

my 1973 Triumph Tiger reflected in a toaster tank BMW, on location in San Francisco on Sunday:

toaster.jpg

:ride

have to say, the new-ish camping Dirtbag format really appeals to me ... good on all this year's DB participants! :thumbup

how was the party at the finish line this year? :gsxrgrl

Due to some virus that's been going around, there was not the typical "return and burn party"... rather the DBC party was held at the day-two campsite (Usal Beach). It was much smaller, but had the usual burnouts, music, beer (and other comestibles), and lots of crazy shenanigans. So kinda the same, just much more intimate. You might find pictures if you search on FB.

Due to some virus that's been going around, there was not the typical "return and burn party"... rather the DBC party was held at the day-two campsite (Usal Beach). It was much smaller, but had the usual burnouts, music, beer (and other comestibles), and lots of crazy shenanigans. So kinda the same, just much more intimate. You might find pictures if you search on FB.

sounds awesome! wish I'd been there ... maybe next year. :angel

(FB challenged, myself, will see if my spouse can find any DB pics with her FB ... ) :laughing

Last edited:
Boise Ridge north of Bogus Basin. It's a beautiful day to be up in the hills.
QBx7at9.jpg

We tend to get heavy frosts up high. Unclear if it's slick or not. Don't want to find out.
0MEPQWl.jpg

At the summit of Summit Flat Rd. Us old guys stop quite a bit for breaks.
67DAACC.jpg

At the top of Pilot Peak - elevation 8,120 feet. A couple of guys in side by sides beat us to the top. They left to head back down before us as well.
cNpuJmq.jpg

Pretty good view of the mountains from up there.
Qew0Stz.jpg

Both mud and ice/snow at higher altitudes - approaching 8000 feet. Not much fun going through this stuff. No more rides up quite that high for the rest of the year.
VimXlI1.jpg

Redwood Lodge Rd

2wFG0vT.jpg

Zsf2Okd.jpg

Highland Way

NrD3zey.jpg

KTG4hgC.jpg

2bGp7ol.jpg

Mt Bache Rd

14RSH1D.jpg

Loma Prieta Ave

PAXF5Kd.jpg