• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

San Juan Grade Rd on the way home and the post ride beer!:thumbup

Attachments

• 59487F70-FC89-4661-9ECF-3166F793E55E.jpeg
    59487F70-FC89-4661-9ECF-3166F793E55E.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 23
  • 17E9538F-9143-4BBB-BDD9-1223C2913C6C.jpeg
    17E9538F-9143-4BBB-BDD9-1223C2913C6C.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 19
Almost ran this little guy over, persuaded him to sun off the road.:thumbup

attachment.php

No treads on him!

:laughing

Some deep water crossed. Pretty cool!!

11.6 mile long unpaved section of Panoche Rd
HpSqVdD.jpg

"road closed" sign can be ignored, no gate or barrier, about ~13" at its deepest crossing Panoche Creek

How is the surface in the water with the tiles/bricks? Years ago a guy christened his brand new GS on the water crossing on the way to Knoxville. The concrete was slick as frog snot. I had problems staying upright with my riding boots.

How is the surface in the water with the tiles/bricks? Years ago a guy christened his brand new GS on the water crossing on the way to Knoxville. The concrete was slick as frog snot. I had problems staying upright with my riding boots.

It was fine for me, didn’t slip at all.

Way to go scoring a test ride on one. You gonna add one to your stable now? :cool

Hope to have one down the road. Right now I like the Pan Am more than the GS or KTM 1290 due its more normal-human size (and because it's the flavor of the moment.)

Here's the Mustang. Easy restoration.

I couldn't tell what it was since it looked so low and sleek without the tires, but the 5.0 on the engine block is a clue.

I don't normally carry stuff on my bikes, but the carrying capacity is sorely lacking when I needed it. The whole time I was worried about the bag tearing and spilling the dinner I had been craving. Should've asked for double bag for the ease of mind.

HICZvs2.jpg

Guadalupe River Trail near downtown SJ yesterday

M0pDTeT.jpg

Last edited:
Buzzard Lagoon Rd

I always feel a bit uneasy when I first hit a dirt road, which is why I much prefer a lighter and lower street bike on dirt. The solution is ride more to get desensitized.

4XT4BVf.jpg

7vmxfDs.jpg

9kQWUCT.jpg

Last edited:
I've been wondering about the "lagoon" of Buzzard Lagoon Rd. Turned out there is a "lagoon", albeit more of a seasonal pond that dries up in the summer. This guy's video shows where it's at so I went looking for it. (His other video helped me find the tunnel entrance off Wrights Station Rd.)

https://youtu.be/GMRLZ6oNBWk

Didn't make it to the lagoon; a downed tree blocked the way. Now, before someone says, "this looks doable on a GS", a GS couldn't squeeze thru the gate posts in the last photo. :laughing (The video shows a side path to go around the gate but I missed it. Need to check again next time.)

ruVLAP2.jpg

tr5hANn.jpg

1z9eMYi.jpg

ayrQNo9.jpg

Last edited:
Red Five strafing SF

Bear Valley Rd, Colusa County

DSC02996.jpg

Leesville Rd.

DSC02999.jpg

DSC03003.jpg

DSC03005.jpg

-Bill

Good to see you posting pics again, Bill! :thumbup

Thankyou John, being primary caregiver for my wife these days I only get limited time off-leash and when I do I'm on the clock, so fewer stops for photos. It is what it is.

-Bill

Back