• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Interesting.

One of the model railroad magazines I frequent, couple years ago, was doing scale drawings of the buildings at Wrights Station.

picture.php

Dropping down to the zero-ton causeway at Hwy 16 and Reiff/Rayhouse Road ...

Last edited:
Dripping down to the zero-ton causeway at Hwy 16 and Reiff/Rayhouse Road ...

Nice shot.

Got my second Phizer shot yesterday morning and my reaction has been mild. No problem yesterday. This morning I felt a little weighed down; took a nap and was good enough to ride by afternoon.

Hwy 9. Unexpectedly cold and drizzly.

g7bRlgD.jpg

oByd7kL.jpg

Pescadero Creek Rd

UFHFLKz.jpg

C6CgsXI.jpg

Alba Rd
JmEgXoQ.jpg

Last edited:
Stewarts Point - Skaggs Springs Road. Still a lot of dirt over the road on the Stewarts Pont side.
attachment.php

I have not been on Skaggs in a few years. The section in the picture is 55 mph speed limit. When you get to the east side it is not down to 30 mph :rolleyes

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 207
Looks like a cool leisurely ride for a dual sport.

"leisurely" just pushes at the maximum limit of my dual-sport skill set ... :laughing:gsxrgrl

Nice shot.

:thumbup

I try to ask myself, "what would Gary856 do?"
when I want to try to take a pic ... :cool

my friend bananachunks has a good eye, too, here's one of his pics from this weekend:

picture.php

Buck Island Road, Yolo County, CA ...
I'm trying to take a pic of a small rattlesnake that had set up camp--under my bike--
to watch the sunset with us. :party

Last edited:

Gilroy Hot Springs Rd, including plenty of parking tickets (for everybody parked along the road).

Last edited:
Owyhee Mountains, Leslie Gulch

In the Owyhee Mountains looking northward down at Treasure Valley.
FMH1RDK.jpg

Went past a few sheep on the way through the hills.
4tHzBcv.jpg

Heading down into Leslie Gulch.
jbXNs52.jpg

Lake Owyhee at the end of Leslie Gluch Rd.
6jgudjZ.jpg

I try to ask myself, "what would Gary856 do?"
when I want to try to take a pic ... :cool

You know your locations are much better than mine, and you own the dramatic ridge-top shots!

Went past a few sheep on the way through the hills.

Heading down into Leslie Gulch.

Lake Owyhee at the end of Leslie Gluch Rd.

Very Nice! Those are the quintessential ADV shots!

OK, a brand new tire is always a beautiful sight to my eyes.

8sOP6OF.jpg

Stevens Canyon Rd

QwUuiUW.jpg

HF2WDTq.jpg

a5xaM2H.jpg

Did you find this one?
Just up the street.

Armed with this detailed direction I went back to Glenwood Dr and looked again. No, didn't find it just up the street, but I took a couple of more pics. :twofinger

ryfV4Fj.jpg

YKuIF8c.jpg

Upper Zanyante Rd.

Freshly repaved. They used a coarse gravel top layer. Good traction I guess but imagine sliding on this cheese grater surface... They were still paving near the market. With one-way traffic control (10-15 min wait for me heading downhill) and a pilot car leading at about 12 mph, there was a line of cars about 1/4 mile long waiting to head uphill from the market.

08U0Sm7.jpg

8rRsk7h.jpg

Last edited:
I missed the sideshow! :dunno

picture.php

This location is literally about a quarter mile from the Del Rey Oaks Police Department...

Point Reyes-Petaluma Rd

i3GJE1k.jpg

Petaluma-Marshall Rd

3hIfC5B.jpg

VgFheBN.jpg

Last edited:
Back