• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

It beats the worship of the genocidal Empire.

I know it's silly, but I see the imperial stickers, and stormtroopers, and such and just wonder if they ever thought about who those people were, and what they did -- fiction or no.

In other news, it's the 75th Anniversary for Vespa!

I hear they have an electric scooter model now.

The new bike looks good! :thumbup

Was love at first site, had to have her

Got 300 miles on her already, shameful

R2C9KSnh.jpg

It's refreshing to see different bikes from diversed locations. The red Vespa fits in great in the City. :thumbup

I'm ambivalent about black-and-white photos. While they lend a timeless quality, they lose so much visual info that colors provide.

San Antonio Valley Rd

BKsdW87.jpg

ry0cwT6.jpg

Del Puerto Canyon

uGi3dGK.jpg

hWOgcnc.jpg

Diablo Grande

With this awesome big screen I didn't need to put on a neck warmer down to 48-degree. An unexpected benefit is it kept my helmet face shield clean. I'm used to looking through a dirty and bug splattered face shield at the end of the day; with a clean face shield the difference of vision clarity at night was stunning.

5YD9GaR.jpg

Mines Road

EP0E23mh.jpg

The Junction they just opened

lTQFrzRh.jpg

The Junction after SAV Road

sml4WCsh.jpg

The Ducati Gang

yYExk96h.jpg

It's refreshing to see different bikes from diversed locations. The red Vespa fits in great in the City. :thumbup

I'm ambivalent about black-and-white photos. While they lend a timeless quality, they lose so much visual info that colors provide.

B&W can work well with an industrial background. See color version below.

Hate iPhone camera distortion though. Does anyone carry a compact anymore.

X1z6gnHh.jpg

B&W can work well with an industrial background. See color version below.

I appreciate both color and B&W so it's hard for me to say which way is better. My wife, who knows no nuance and sees things in black and white, always prefers color.

nNVvtO6.jpg

V2A2wIL.jpg

Another comparison

eTGpaOF.jpg

j6nSFWp.jpg

Last edited:
My wife, who knows no nuance and see things in black and white, always prefers color.

I laughed way too hard at that :D

Here's my 525 EXC atop Mt Diablo. During my first Moto camping trip. Hoping to do more on my 625 once I get the carb figured out.

Anyone, feel free to contact me if you'd like pictures of you/your bike!

re-515.jpg

IMG-5435.jpg

Last edited:
I know enough already but just one more

wonderful old-building pic (and bike)! :ride

You know your locations are much better than mine, and you own the dramatic ridge-top shots!

:thumbup

I'm just a snap-shot guy, who does not have the artistic eye you all have. also not good at making the effort to stop and get the pic ... can remember riding through Spain thinking to myself that I had to stop at some cool building so I could (try to) bring a Gary856-style pic home ... never did get one. :laughing:facepalm

anyway, here's an attempt at an old building pic:

forestcity.jpg

Forest, CA, and 1988 H-D FXSB.

next time I'll remember to lose the helmet, and maybe push the bike closer.

I just got a brand new IPhone 12 pro, which I'm looking forward to using (upgrade from an 8). lots of bad snap-shots with a better camera, probably. :rolleyes

Last edited:
I know enough already but just one more

That red house has a storybook (Whoville) quality to it, and the bike looks like an insect.

I just got a brand new IPhone 12 pro, which I'm looking forward to using (upgrade from an 8).

I'm still on iPhone X. The only thing I desire from the new model is the better cameras.

Pescadero - I love this rustic little town. Half Moon Bay used to feel this way but now it's over run with weekenders.

mLBT6k4.jpg

GIze7M2.jpg

SKWxvEd.jpg

Last edited:
Back