• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Wait, wait, wait...that bridge is over the Tallahatchie River in Mississippi!
And I know this because when I was 4 years old I had the Bobbi Gentry 45 and I sang it over and over and over and over in front of a full length mirror in my mom's bedroom with her hairbrush serving as my microphone :laughing

Bike's looking great! Awaiting a full report soon :teeth

Maybe it's Choctaw Ridge? :dunno

Wait,

Do I hear banjos ???

Spearfish canyon, limestone cliffs, much like Oak Creek canyon, Sedona.

This one has more evergreens.
Power staton for the mines in Lead, #1 is still in use in Spearfish.
Collection pond for a water bypass used downstream.
Two years ago there was a tornado in the canyon and blew down a lot of trees, topped some too. As seen here, all the deadfall is destined for a cleanup to reduce the down fuel load

Attachments

• IMG_3477.jpg
    IMG_3477.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3476.jpg
    IMG_3476.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 13
Along Coyote Creek

fqI6xuK.jpg

1QfBwEI.jpg

Lower Silver Creek

ArjR19b.jpg

2hKx3pY.jpg

This again? Yep, Silver City/Oreana loop

First break, before heading up the dirt road toward Silver city.
mLjq30B.jpg

Done winding around the mountains, time to head up the canyon. You can keep a pretty good pace on this stuff.
RUFJ2xZ.jpg

Much more clear today than previous trips. Can barely see the mountains across the valley.
g0SwJAU.jpg

Headed in the direction of Oregon. We never quite crossed the state line, though.
Gm1ZciN.jpg

Down below the rock formations. Last time through here I took a photo above them coming down through the gap.
pZrYYjE.jpg

Break time once we got back to pavement. Only a few miles of paved road before back in the dirt and gravel again. If you stay on the paved road you end up in Jordan Valley.
7T5oOxg.jpg

Headed toward Oreana. Up and down through various shallow valleys.
XsNFan1.jpg

Aren't you afraid the top case will need to be taped together to make it home if you drop the bike?

Aren't you afraid the top case will need to be taped together to make it home if you drop the bike?
The bike would have to go cartwheeling down the road to injure the top case, and then that would be the least of my concerns. ;)

Hwy 236 into Big Basin park is still closed

Old Big Basin

MdmxoDj.jpg

236 on Saratoga side

JGWujRu.jpg

IPRZCHM.jpg

num8Rea.jpg

Did you find the old hwy?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210903-212355_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210903-212355_Chrome.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 18
Little b

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210903-212425_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210903-212425_Chrome.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 23
I wish BARF had a "Like" button. So many good shots.

Bighorn Campground, Bodie

Bighorn Campground north of Bridgeport
vGKXQ0s.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Nine Mile Raven Road, on way to Bodie
Mf8dfqg.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

getting close to Bodie
d00Wkap.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Bodie, NV
e7azc8h.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Met up yesterday with some nice gents from the local Vintage European Moto Club and they were very accepting that my bike was neither vintage, nor Euro... but I knew I was okay when I saw the W650! :laughing

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Back