• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Wow!! Lovely! Thanks for posting, John!
Does Panoche still have the sign that says no motorcycles (even street-legal ones) allowed? I never paid much mind to it as I rode on by, don’t really understand how that could be enforced on public land.

hi WoodsChick! :wave

thanks, and yes, my interpretation of those “no motorcycle” signs (they’re hard to see, haven’t noticed a no-motorcycle sign, recently :toothless) is that they mean OHV motos, not street registered bikes with license plates.

I’ll try to find a sign and snap a pic. maybe I’m probably wrong (seriously, they are hard to notice). they used to have some up beyond the gate which were just the dirt-bike circle/slash (no small print), which justify my OHV interpretation. I’ll have to look for the fine print.

as you know, the place is closed April - October, and I get out here only once or twice a year (and missed the last couple years) and stay on maintained roads with the loaded-for-camping-with-four-days-of-water KLR. really just come here for the solitude and sunsets, not for the riding, such a small place. hope my grey beard, confusing biker lifestyle vest, and aw-shucks-I’ll-never-come-back attitude will spare me the big $$$ ticket … :facepalm

I’m usually more coy about exactly where I am when I post pics from here, since it is questionable, but forgot this time. carried away by the “on location” thread … :afm199

best to you and Eric, hope to see you soon, and here’s one more—sunset, looking north.

picture.php

:party

Last edited:
Awesome pics John. Thanks for (and keep on) sharing.

Here ya go, John...It's been a few years since I've been to Panoche Hills but snapped this the last time I was here...
P1080605-L.jpg

I adhere to your method of dealing with possible consequences, too! :laughing Gray hair gets you pretty far, and then when Eric tells them about just wanting to take his wife out to enjoy a little ride, well, this old married couple does not come off as the hooligans that we really are, apparently :teeth

And, yes, the place doesn't offer much in the way of riding when staying on roads (which we do) but the peace and solitude is very worthy of the miles it takes to get there. Beautiful place...

P1060983-XL.jpg

:thumbup

great pic!
the sign one is ok, too … :laughing
yes, love it here … I think I have a (tortured) parsing of that notice that argues my KLR is a “full size, highway licensed vehicle” … not to be confused with all that motocross/ATVs/UTVs riff-raff. :x:toothless

though hopefully my grey beard will work, first! :angel

Last edited:
thanks for posting, guys, as Mr Cabrito says it’s beautiful here, my pics don’t do it justice. :ride

picture.php

sunrise, Panoche Hills BLM, Friday, 11/26/21

Stunning photo:thumbup

Good luck with the "Aw Shucks":laughing, hopefully you don't ever need it.

thanks, Lon, always enjoy your fun NorCal pics here, also … hope to see you in Weaverville, again, soon! :thumbup

I'll be there. :)
Hard to believe that on November 27th, 2021, it is 60 degrees out and the weather is beautiful on top of South Fork mountain. I had a nice run out by myself today. 154 miles round trip. 3 hours with 1 short stop.
My mind is clear again.

Attachments

• November 27th, 2021.jpg
    November 27th, 2021.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 11
I got out for a couple hundred miles on this gorgeous Sunday...

Palomares
jvjlLIL.jpeg

Sierra Vista
6TdyddY.jpeg

Mt. Umunhum
go4XjRC.jpeg

Rider Rd.
my5hEVy.jpeg

Nice @stratslingr77! Makes my 75 miles seem rather pedestrian lol..

Nice @stratslingr77! Makes my 75 miles seem rather pedestrian lol..

Hah! I did a few less miles than you did today! Luckily our place is on a great motorcycle road so there were no wasted miles :party

i-5MrCdgQ-X3.jpg

Great day for a ride DTC (down the coast), traffic was really light except for a cluster of tourists before Point Lobos and again at Bixby Bridge.

They also had a signal light after Yankee Point because of some bridge repair work that worked out in my favor. When the road is that open it's hard not to take advantage of it so I only took 2 pics.

At my usual spot...

picture.php

And with my lunch at the Big Sur Deli...

picture.php

:laughing

Any sightings.... as in ever? :p

Back