• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

I actually went on a ride last weekend! On a motorcycle! Was nice to feel sort of like my old self again. It didn't hurt that I was riding my almost-brand-new SM610 Dark on goaty backroads where it shines brightly. We did a 90-mile loop, probably never getting more than 20 miles or so from our place. We tried to get up into the forest/park on the secondary/dirt roads to see how our favorite places and trees fared during the KNP Complex fire but they are all still closed to the public. Still, it was a pretty fabulous day.

Sand Creek Road, rural Fresno County. Just a couple miles down the hill from our place in Miramonte...
i-9v6rVqq-XL.jpg

i-hzbVZhZ-XL.jpg

Drum Valley Road in rural Tulare County. It's time for a new Benchmark, as my old one still has it listed as Negroe Canyon Road...

i-ZN7Kwrt-XL.jpg

:love
i-L7fdR58-XL.jpg

Yes! That is me! I really do remember how to ride a motorcycle!
i-TqDJ2Kj-XL.jpg

i-7WFVbhB-XL.jpg

It's such a relief to have gotten rain in the mountains. It was an incredibly long, hot, and dry summer...
i-DMsNjHb-XL.jpg

i-kBpLFCw-XL.jpg

Lots of tarantulas getting squished on the roads, especially on 245. Eric tried to get this guy to move along but he was having none of it. He put his dukes up and challenged Eric to a fight...

i-QcbgwgM-XL.jpg

Drum Valley! Great road. Drum Valley and Boyd Drive were a favorite bicycle loop of mine many years ago. Old maps do show an old offensive name for for the road like you describe, but really really old maps are even more offensive than that.

East Peak on Mt. Tam.

Attachments

• IMG_8435.JPG
    IMG_8435.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 2
TarantulaChik comes through again.

:laughing I love them! I feel pretty lucky to live amongst them.

Drum Valley! Great road. Drum Valley and Boyd Drive were a favorite bicycle loop of mine many years ago. Old maps do show an old offensive name for for the road like you describe, but really really old maps are even more offensive than that.

Yeah, I’ve seen a few old maps with the more derogatory term on them. There’s one in Utah, too, which got changed a few times. Beautiful roads, so quiet and peaceful out there!

Looking for some photos I came across this. Freeride and I on our way to Paso Robles. The NC is really great on unpaved roads.

27008994816_ff025ded60_b.jpg

Came in 2nd place during a mini motocross race at Hawk Mazzotta Motocamp Back Yard Burner Races Round 6. It was a double points round too so I managed to climb to 2nd place and took the 2nd place championship trophy after coming in second in the last race.

1114211351b_HDR-XL.jpg

1114211352b-XL.jpg

1114211043a_HDR-XL.jpg

1114211043c_HDR-XL.jpg

1115210059a-XL.jpg

Keep it up! That is some great footage. I have loved the use of drones after following Sterling Noren (Motorcycle Travel Channel on Youtube). He really has it down. Check him out if you haven't already!

Hope you have fun playing with it!

Thanks MTERK! It has been a blast so far. Second attempt from a few weekends ago is below (some music issues haha, but im learning) (click on the pic to view)

Sterling Noren is fantastic - did you see the one where he crashed his drone into the hillside while he was following himself up some switchbacks?

ItchyBoots was the one the got me inspired to try and film the rides. I have sooo much more respect now for what these talented folk are able to do!

Sterling Noren is fantastic - did you see the one where he crashed his drone into the hillside while he was following himself up some switchbacks?

ItchyBoots was the one the got me inspired to try and film the rides. I have sooo much more respect now for what these talented folk are able to do!

Yes I did see that! Can be expensive!

Looks like it takes a lot of time and effort to get the right footage, but when done correctly it sure makes for a great show!

Morgan Territory is so pretty this time of year too!

Looking for the next one!

Came in 2nd place during a mini motocross race at Hawk Mazzotta Motocamp Back Yard Burner Races Round 6. It was a double points round too so I managed to climb to 2nd place and took the 2nd place championship trophy after coming in second in the last race.

good job man! I haven't had the opportunity to ride one of those E bikes yet. Sure looks lite and flickable!

Thanks MTERK! It has been a blast so far. Second attempt from a few weekends ago is below (some music issues haha, but im learning) (click on the pic to view)

so are these robot drones that you program and then ride off, or do you have a cameraman?

wow, awesome vid, so beautiful … :ride

was surprised by it when I clicked on the pic … bonus bobcat! :laughing

Looks like it takes a lot of time and effort to get the right footage, but when done correctly it sure makes for a great show!

Morgan Territory is so pretty this time of year too!

Looking for the next one!

Thanks SFMCjohn and MTERK! Im glad you noticed the bobcat! how cool/lucky was that. She was just sitting by the side of the road.

so are these robot drones that you program and then ride off, or do you have a cameraman?

Berth: A buddy and I split a mini2 (about $300/each) - which does not have the desired "follow me" mode, so we each takes turns. Fortunately for me he is a better at taking the shots, but Im better at editing lol. Good stuff!

Last edited:
The essence of Angeles Crest in one quick photo.

attachment.php

It's not "The Dragon", but it is only 45m away from my house.

Saw a sign saying it was closed to Glendale, dunno where it's closed. Didn't get to far.

Weather will shut it down for the season soon enough. This is the back side near Wrightwood, they shut it down really close to Wrightwood when they do, whereas the other is mostly ridable year round, at least to the tunnels. After that it's pretty much all shady side, so any snow, etc. that falls on the road pretty much stays there for the duration.

Meanwhile, the bike is doing great. I'm more comfortable every day. This was probably it's longest mileage day yet, first real day on the freeway. Living near the Cajon Pass, wind is a reality. Not today, but a couple of days ago I got a bit of wind and the bike was rock solid. Passing trucks at speed is not an issue at all.

The bike has no windscreen, but it doesn't bother me. Not a lot of buffeting at all for me. So far, prefer it without one frankly. Yet More in the moment of things.

Attachments

• IMG_3402 copy.jpg
    IMG_3402 copy.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 88
The essence of Angeles Crest in one quick photo.

Every time I past Angeles Crest Hwy on 210 on my way to visit my family in San Gabriel Valley I wished I had the chance to ride its full length. Only been on it briefly one winter on the Speed Triple I bought down there.

Newark

Promptly gotten stuck and felt so messed up - had to find a block of wood to help the wheels climb up and over the track. DO NOT EVER DO THIS on a live track.

2LjFhcH.jpg

yknehUC.jpg

vofc0Sd.jpg

f5AYMax.jpg

6TW4xD4.jpg

Last edited:
Back