• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

My GS got totalled from my SMIDSY incident a couple of weeks ago so I picked up this Africa Twin today in Petaluma and took the scenic route home.

Off Hwy 29 at the bottom of Trinity Grade
U7MxduM.jpeg

...and because Lake Beryessa is totally on the way back to the east Bay from Petaluma...

wIxaxjY.jpeg

Marcel Gate to Lake Chabot...closer to home now

Fg4jJiX.jpeg

^^ wow! love the flat black/red frame ... that’s the best-looking AT, imo, can’t wait to see it irl, congratulations! :ride

and sorry about the GS ... :rose

Congrats on the new bike and Gary you got some moto photo bird dog in you ... damn.

Panoche Hills

Got down to Panoche hills today. Cold start in the morning then beautiful this afternoon!
VsDSvWV.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Went with BARFer, mitiasbikes
8lwgN51.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

1xF3svB.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

pNUIrzT.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

:thumbup

Went out for a nice little 350ish mile jaunt on Saturday afternoon, it was a great day of riding.

128 and Franz Valley Road

AM-JKLULvOH5dcQxGl2NUyz2NLxJ0MMXlgFuGX4PeSNUm6UMZl3EViv0sztVpdwySWeRw_2tAEgf87noc2Dh_Nnd-0dcRG6YY-ba9bE_2wImlDGeRbz3mGawW3PJgPyXexeE8FDCtKXGm4g662YiCR3LvwOAlA=w1060-no

Mountain View Road

AM-JKLUGDYurea7O0qJRmbIvBxAblke1k7LepJ8fvLd0asfSFnj8kP8i3orCbQetme8UfxRpDz_DxEQZRLHkrtbbzjhH8vpB0lTAJ__Bi1o1GQCgRRvQ_Nw1l5gnKl5rKQSq0J5rmq3umfKw0hKOiE5aqupMXQ=w1060-no

Highway 1 & Mountain View Road

AM-JKLUo16o1K6upGMfsJugSl7csRYNvXAfRSZlzyWaGwcmNrwc1UhUjcP8rBGe96YSDrZvDKwb1P7n-WGjwRYIh8PAQMlQCnAciu2jV91atBUcrwgyzFE9mTtwYK_867ktfDLWE8_lSOkykS_B7lxy-Fd1jQA=w1060-no

Stewarts Point

AM-JKLWVZ_noCOODTEFiu-Qvdwx659Pi_RLpDuRYDt4N1AvZeVL1iyNm_tFiTu8N0e-I5ZIWzDio9Z_ytp38BW1IJDFqRpxYk6Ia4jSVRjh7ANmcXC7CektW8pmbPuUQi8uLBb0zYRGgPtBbPSQL7ElYc4N-dw=w1060-no

Skaggs Springs Road

AM-JKLXTBB1mb3Hfq-ljKcVbSGG_KFlDNmIDk8c9t4L9zi6JOoAHPivdLRVY0mVG57Ikz_7dUN6SFGB6a6B6vFFVsAjaWMBJsfciLhOytmUlRrAJxzhKMoJxC_z-KTQ6vaSbVDUodTkd1DWv58UJMOFCyxmx7g=w1060--no

Of course they came out with the flat black model after I got mine.

Re: Panoche Hills and overall question regarding BLM...

So, OHV are not allowed in some areas, but they allow trucks and Jeeps (and man, If I had a 1988 Subaru Justy 4X4, that'd be dreeaaaamy - but thats another convo) - do they bust us on our plated ADV bikes?

I think I was riding on some roads that could've landed me a ticket. I know the main dirt rd of Panoche is fine, but I went off into other areas...

Good stuff boys. :thumbup

N4te... the sunset shot with the lights on is very cool.

I saw online that the north end of 236 is now open to China Grade, and from that I assumed China Grade would be open too. Turned out to be more like a soft opening...

South end of China Grade, from Boulder Creek side.

meJd7At.jpg

The pavement was dirty and crumbly, but it wasn't that different from before the closure.

hi1g3M4.jpg

KndKX0x.jpg

Top of China Grade at 236. The sign says "Area Closed".

nYMOfYT.jpg

I turned left onto 236 toward Big Basin. Got here one turn later, as expected.

EAutqqo.jpg

Turned around on 236 and expected to go thru to Hwy 9, but was surprised to see this shortly after.

imCCnR4.jpg

So I had to head backdown China Grade again to get out of there.

jqnpdIq.jpg

China grade does look soft (as in loamy) at the moment. I'll be pretty happy once everything is open again so there's more fun road options up there.

Good stuff boys. :thumbup

N4te... the sunset shot with the lights on is very cool.

Thanks! I had intended to take a shot or two entirely in the dark but then my gas light popped earlier than expected and I was too focused on not stranding myself out there in the middle of the night, only to finally get to a gas station and find I still have just under a gallon left in the tank :laughing

AM-JKLV_hee3-nv6Ia8DrTADdQorglw-P-4Mu0IWeALkeTocKCXbgJxka7BfXTzK8l7qe0v9lBoitN8tueBm6U8uVsbm7sSbscPDW6bNKwLI7UJHhFMB1GfIvNqFuy_8SavufvnX2Sr7rnkdv3Sshww7To1exw=w339-no

AM-JKLUQWw7Ig2weaYR1mjJ_Cv2JmKHGPSiFhafPzmHqOFawcEPzWKA66bMkhdFd2iGZT5BUv77RdeyZk2692H3Zurx2i_9AvWqf1HT8o81KjVu0dhRL9mjPioUJWjG-_Csn9XswTmjGUpzSXWjXtXaR0taFNA=w657-no

Went to Carnegie today to plot out a route for the "Big Bikes"! getting together with a couple BARFers on Sunday to play in the dirt before going on the CABDR later.

Quite windy but clear. Hard pack and marbles!! WEEEE!!

cyqVgCa.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

smV6W8J.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

oLd9Qwp.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

F6Tl0tL.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Elk Grove Motor Officer Lenehan's funeral service. These were only the motors in attendance that were not a part of the procession. The first pic is my bike, on location.

wbAdDEz.jpeg

HnBUfR1.jpeg

On6cEha.jpeg

c3yNpul.jpeg

fOe9aqj.jpeg

Back