• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Wasn't looking. What's that about?

[url]https://i.imgur[/url]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/zIxP

Close to big basin..China grade. And there's another way into the park.
From upper China grade,

Last edited:
Lexington Reservoir

5Yi3Zdy.jpg

tNsLwII.jpg

Aldercroft Heights

MTNqtEA.jpg

DifJSep.jpg

Laurel Dr's pretty damn steep

gNpGdNn.jpg

Old Santa Cruz Hwy

Perfectly matching KTM orange! The sign says "No dumping allowed".

QZbqSLv.jpg

duYgGhf.jpg

Last edited:
The sign says "No dumping allowed".

Yea, I've always wondered about those "No dumping allowed" signs.

Or, more, I wonder about people coming up to some place on a remote road and say "Well, gee, there's no sign -- I guess we can just leave stuff here. Open up the van, Arlo!".

23rd street dock and power station

Took Hwy 160 from Antioch to Old Sacramento after reading about the highlights along the way on Pashnit. Read about the levees and the waters being higher than the surrounding land, but it was still strange to see in person.

https://www.pashnit.com/ca-highway-160

Isleton

cYkyt8D.jpg

Historic Asian settlement area. Some buildings are sheathed in metal skin for fire proofing, after the original settlement burned down.

szvs3jX.jpg

6emhNcA.jpg

L30sa0W.jpg

Last edited:
Steamboat Slough Bridge

y5cyk9V.jpg

DM20FWy.jpg

xyKv9Ao.jpg

Locke - another old Chinese labor settlement; they built the levees after they got done building railroads. There were a bunch of day tourists like me walking around there.

yfW9tTP.jpg

xf2EjAm.jpg

This is a gambling parlor museum, I think.

WpQJ0jZ.jpg

P7PqTbY.jpg

A rundown riverfront warehouse on wooden pylons

bmipjB3.jpg

Last edited:
Old Sacramento. I went, wow, this looks like Disneyland / New Orleands! My pics don't quite show it but it was teeming with people, fun looking shops and eateries.

quPA56R.jpg

ozPZonI.jpg

sHmJrbu.jpg

vHZeBrC.jpg

N49sjoB.jpg

TmjrTMg.jpg

N1Zo3g0.jpg

Old Sacramento. I went, wow, this looks like Disneyland / New Orleands! My pics don't quite show it but it was teeming with people, fun looking shops and eateries.

I really enjoy Old Sacramento. My wife surprised me with a weekend up there and we stayed on the Dixie King (which is/was (dunno) a paddle wheeler turned hotel). It was some kind of "old west" days where they closed of the area, and covered the streets with dirt.

Yea, it kitschy and touristy, but I like kitschy and touristy.

I love the train museum that's right there, and we spent some time in the hills seeing other sites.

Real fun weekend. Humid, hot. But a lot of fun.

Might I suggest Collinsville, for more back slough windings along the Sacto river.

Good to see Isleton gussied up, the annual mudbug fest still packing in those wayward $$$

Ride at Carnegie

Went to Carnegie on the Big Bikes to play today with fellow BARFers: MJJ, Frisco,Mitiasbikesand Weeweno. Dry and hard but fun! trying to get in shape for some or the CABDR!

Hey Norcalkid, you are way braver than I am. I see snow on a road and I will stay in and drink!!!

Ask Frisco about cold weather and ice. He just got his T700 out of the shop from Black ice!

Swanton Rd

Swanton Rd inland & beach side.

Attachments

• D90F7361-BB02-40D8-8A9E-C9532307510F_1_201_a.jpg
    D90F7361-BB02-40D8-8A9E-C9532307510F_1_201_a.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 6C012FF2-70AB-43A0-890B-FC778BB9F72D_1_201_a.jpg
    6C012FF2-70AB-43A0-890B-FC778BB9F72D_1_201_a.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 7
Went to Carnegie on the Big Bikes to play today with fellow BARFers: MJJ, Frisco,Mitiasbikesand Weeweno. Dry and hard but fun! trying to get in shape for some or the CABDR!

Don't forget BigShotBob rocking the street-ready Tiger :)

Took the day off for some moto-therapy. What a GORGEOUS day for a ride!

Jesus Maria Rd
hp5kDYy.jpg

Railroad Flat
hEOrjSg.jpg

Took the day off for some moto-therapy. What a GORGEOUS day for a ride!

Jesus Maria Rd

Love that area!!!!

we usually do breakfast at Franks Place in Mok Hill then hit Jesus Maria! Greatest road around!

Then Whiskey Slide, Mountain Ranch, Calaveritas, Dogtown into Angels Camp!

Great rides!!

Back