• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

Turlock Ave, San Martin

Ran out of money? It's a strange looking property - two detached 3-car garages, but the main house doesn't look much bigger than each garage.

LtxAGV7.jpg

rqk058u.jpg

Eb7mAjh.jpg

Off 101, south of Hwy 25

Fu4ZWmG.jpg

POlwmJS.jpg

tpVzUsp.jpg

Off Crazy Horse & San Juan Grade

uXjQOPL.jpg

Last edited:
I don't ride my dirt bike enough so I'm always amazed by how much better a dirt bike handles rough terrain than street bikes. It can plow thru a lot of stuff and the suspension just soaks it all up! I find myself panting every time I stopped; it's a work out without me realizing it.

Seeing all the junk in the riverbed reminds me of the river spirt in Spirited Away.

Sc9rBSL.jpg

ZERI6kO.jpg

ShSrG8c.jpg

ByNsFrC.jpg

Bt2vRsW.jpg

fDG7VkQ.jpg

Almost got impaled - got to watch out for this type of hazard.

fxOtHBK.jpg

X2HpkJ9.jpg

Last edited:
So... here's a fond one for me.

My 12 yr. old stepson moved with his dad and stepmom to Idaho. It was tough for us, but with contemplation, my wife and I realized that he'd never get the unique boyhood experience here in California, with the way the schools were locked down for so long. With at Zoom learning, as much as we stayed on top of it, it completely destroyed 1 year and half of his education. To top it off, his friends parents were too afraid to let him hang out because of their fear of Covid. It was a sad state of affairs, but we thought it would be best for him to move to Idaho - a much freer state with open schools and some sort of normalcy.

I often reminisce and share the way Santa Cruz used to be in the 80's, when we'd "mob" through town on mopeds and scooters, pushing our dirtbikes to open fields on the Westside and hitting the jumps and Lipton Field. I would talk to him about building jumps, and getting into fights, and roaming through town on our BMX bikes. Idaho is proving to be a similar experience for him.

Anyway, I always would share the pics of "bike on location" in a family group text which he is included on.

A few weeks ago, he shot and shared these pics with us - he's "mobbing" through town on his dirtbike, not unlike I used to do when I was 14 and mobbing on my Honda Passport 70. Notice the angle!

He's 13 now, and we miss him. He's coming to visit us in a few weeks, but we are also very happy he's getting a normal childhood outside of California.

IMG-0888.jpg

IMG-0889.jpg

Last edited:
I was happy to have a bike as a kid. A dirt bike must've been 10x the fun.

Mt Hamilton. Pretty sandy. Looks like the snow line was fairly low when it was really cold a couple of weeks ago.

gs7RejI.jpg

70b6zIZ.jpg

wMeIVoE.jpg

jeOsKWc.jpg

04zWJTT.jpg

Last edited:
I was happy to have a bike as a kid. A dirt bike must've been 10x the fun.

I had a moped. It was still fun.

We lived in the middle of nowhere and would take it out on the local salt flat at night. That was a eerie experience, but a lot of fun.

picture.php

western edge of Kern County, CA ... pic posted in anticipation of our first 2022 BARF Rally announcement, rumored to be pending, shortly. :party

Last edited:
boy John, You get around!! Love it!

And Gary, The road to Hamilton looks very slick! Any butt puckering???

That's a lotta sand. I was riding up in Napa . Sonoma last weekend and realized that they use gravel that happens to be the same color as the roads up in the hills. Clear Creek road was still fun, but I was little nervous in corners, kinda surprised I never slipped, also never stopped to take a picture...

boy John, You get around!! Love it!

I have Dirtflea almonds to share. You have to come to Mt Hamilton rd…

No, just needed to slow down bit, picked a clean line, and be careful with footing when stopping and putting my foot down.

Yesterday on Mt Hamilton there was a long stretch, for over an hour, with no other vehicle/people on the empty road. Love the feeling of having the whole mountain to myself.

Back