• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

wO3GWVw.jpg

K9mbDLg.jpg

Last edited:
Squaw Butte

Today's goal - see how far up Squaw Butte I can ride.

At the top of San Hollow Road where four roads meet. Going for more dirt and less highway to get there (also to come back).
AVZ57L0.jpg

The Payette River on the north end of Emmett. The mountain in the background, Squaw Butte, is where I'm headed today.
EJP8Zbx.jpg

About half way up, looking toward the top.
zUvNT7N.jpg

This is as far as I'm taking a motorcycle today. I need to come back in a 4-wheel-drive to get the rest of the way to the top.
EBayaCz.jpg

I took a little scoot today out to what Steinbeck called "The Pastures of Heaven"... it's so nice when its green.

picture.php

With some grapes, but no real wrath...

picture.php

But there was a lime kiln, on Lime Kiln Rd...

picture.php

And possibly Tom Brady...

picture.php

I would also like to thank the incredibly nice CHP moto officer that pulled me over, on his concours, to let me know that I may not have realized the speed limit was much lower than what I was doing, without giving me a certificate of achievement for said achievement of speed. :thumbup

@J-Boat - nice mural!

Mt Umunhum. They just got done with a $2M renovation on this building so I went up for a look. It lost the patina for sure.

klQs3LM.jpg

Guadalupe Creek off Hicks Rd

kDkeuHP.jpg

San Jose

N8NQGiZ.jpg

Ci7N34a.jpg

K7iRM8b.jpg

BrVvJt6.jpg

Mercury News says the radar tower building is sealed and not open to the public.

Tower does look a little bland now...

Got out to enjoy the weather Saturday, stopped in San Raphael for breakfast as my hangover needed a little more time to simmer down.

AM-JKLVJEWXQzRMGmFk7bb9CPgofJv1_bKjHMC3iLxikAXMJQE8NqeRUMme9_9Ly_ao1HW4xAGhpGI-f6k_8A9ydsjlvMuwdT4RmIBWSvV6CGhbiFBWWE70lww0UI-Yi8zhClXXpZAfqPTZ-_89xPvgBUzMu1A=w1072-no

Rode all the good roads and didn't stop for pictures until I got just past Stinson..

AM-JKLXvsb3kDwS6NdBl3Zi4oWA7gEzDqOwAyMivM3_HU9W7d27tfJl1KN-3pUzbNWkoLD9r1u2Bauv5kULLPrg9k_5hJvfsoVa6LNPWl-Q2zJut2KiJnxOysYFHebH7k0pXjzeCQzFHrUj6UZN17565Ir04Sg=w1072--no

The KTM Curious thread got me pumped up to ride the KTM

Lodge Rd

2UnuBh9.jpg

8RalnJD.jpg

China Grade

koMnixr.jpg

EkUwhG7.jpg

l3HdNpN.jpg

LjVIIpH.jpg

Got out to enjoy the weather Saturday, stopped in San Raphael for breakfast.

Where did you eat in San Rafael? Just curious.
I grew up there and I'm in town somewhat frequently to visit my aging mom.
I haven't had breakfast there in many years. I fear most of my favorite spots are long gone. I came close about a month ago when we rode up Mt Tam but defaulted to The Lighthouse Café in Corte Madera instead. (that place is awesome, btw)

Last edited:
Johndicezx9, high five! You got to ride beautiful country and your performance was noted but not cited. :banana

Gary856, I hopped on my DR650 today. I think I failed. On topic, I'm enjoying the light in that bottom photo.

High 5 back at ya! :thumbup

Thanks!

In that moment I resigned myself that "well, you're getting a ticket!" So I pulled over. He came up, said I was doing 73, followed by a "Slow it down..." and told me to be safe and took off. I went 45 the rest of the way. :laughing

There's quite a few wine tasting rooms near those vineyards, so he may have been looking for DUI's. I was very grateful...

Where did you eat in San Rafael? Just curious.
I grew up there and I'm in town somewhat frequently to visit my aging mom.
I haven't had breakfast there in many years. I fear most of my favorite spots are long gone. I came close about a month ago when we rode up Mt Tam but defaulted to The Lighthouse Café in Corte Madera instead. (that place is awesome, btw)

I was feeling like diner food so I went to Lundy's Home Cooking no frills but good food and nice folks serving it. Definitely hit the spot.

Big surprise for me,

Just out working my way around deep silt by rolling cross country at a walking pace, I spied a stump looking like rebar + safety knobs, I had to see, , ,
The view of the secret location, the stump in front of the bike,

Grace Slick, singing White Rabbit, comes to mind.
I have the "keys" to a rabbit hole now, , ,

What would you do ???

Attachments

• IMG_3895.jpg
    IMG_3895.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3902.jpg
    IMG_3902.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3904.jpg
    IMG_3904.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 16
picture.php

spring wildflowers in the Mojave Desert this weekend, just east of California City.
native chinchweed (Pectis papposa)? idk ...

Back