• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

You're a brave man John! I have been a wimp at water crossings ever since that 1 little (rather big) round rock that I didn't see, took me down!

Great picture!

Water crossings do make me a bit nervous, wish I'd have the presence of mind to get a photo crossing part of the San Benito River along Coalinga Road on my Hyper, it's wasn't all that deep (boots stayed dry) but it FELT impressive.

Cape Meares, Oregon

AM-JKLV9jodeOkZJQLeKZFWOYPMn0jxZIYSP0xyKuK9ig530x0o0zFoIvOLuQFsYQQ8PD4_H-0IzTgRB96T-DoS8K7K1s7sDSNxl-yHkEtEc_5RmEqywuuZEiQpVXho_7eBIEoU8m7dZ43oNSn0ep-uxmhAy6w=w1242-no

Is that the same crossing where my tire broke the bead?

:thumbup

yes, here's you and Mr bananachunks, at the M5/Bartlett Springs Rd water crossing,
back in action after you fixed the AT's rear tire:

picture.php

been enjoying your pix here from the recent Quincy rally! :gsxrgrl

Last edited:
Finally back to the regular rides...

This is Alder Creek Rd between Placerville, ID and Garden Valley. Beautiful green trees in this section. Gotta watch out for the ruts.
ytkhm1r.jpg

Speaking of beautiful green trees, they were logging some of them near the road and we had the opportunity to wait a few minutes here.
njZECob.jpg

Tried a road I've never been on before, Brownlee Rd between Gardena and Sweet. Beautiful and green up there - for a few more weeks, anyway.
bPtsUjY.jpg

Hey, let's try out Johnson Creek back toward Eagle. How muddy could it be?

Pretty muddy, it turns out, but not too tough. First and second gear all the way up it, though. The one other guy who likes to ride with us absolutely refuses to go on this road. But he didn't come on this ride, so we did it. A bit of a workout.
JUv6GBe.jpg

I dig the blue on the Triumph. :thumbup

Not an exoctic location (my office), but I will work on that in the near future :laughing

Attachments

• 22 duc 1 (2).jpg
    22 duc 1 (2).jpg
    158 KB · Views: 111
This is Alder Creek Rd between Placerville, ID and Garden Valley. Beautiful green trees in this section. Gotta watch out for the ruts.
….,

Idaho Barf 2023?????
Looks like awesome riding.

Indeed a new ride with ‘17s.

Going to be good.

Thanks bro. Long wait finally ended.

The v4 Multi looks lean and mean.

Raging Waters. There were school bus loads of kids there but these 2 rides looked abandoned. (From Yelp reviews this place seems really run down.)

1a4nLkP.jpg

scx7vtb.jpg

Off Quimby

Oc84vzw.jpg

Battery died. AAA was utterly disappointing. I requested a jump for my "bike", and they confirmed the KTM 690 was in their file. First they assigned me to a service that would not handle bikes. After I called again, AAA said the service call was transferred to a second shop, and then told me they could not jump a bike, only tow it. :mad After a lot of wasted time I ended up Lyft home, drove my car and trailer to pick up the bike myself.

bz9kn5k.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a photo of your bike on vocation.

Touché :laughing

Gary

That sounds like a pain, bummer...and yeah that looks like Mystery of the Abandoned status.

Back