• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Photos of your bike on location

These photos are inspiring. For some reason my off-road bikes are in Upper Lake along with my stitch; yet my off road gear and my street bike are in San Rafael. Something doesn’t add up.

Cloverdale to Stewards Point, 51 miles, goat road warning.

Lake level,

Goat road starting soon.
Studying the map after, a small portion of the old Skaggs Creek rd winds down to lake level.
I found a side road unmarked and gave it a look, lots of "No Trespassing" signs both sides of road, so I baled.
Looking at the map, it is county road, No T signage has to be a bluff by locals.
My first time in '75, I did that, before the lake.

Attachments

• IMG_4341.jpg
    IMG_4341.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4343.jpg
    IMG_4343.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4344.jpg
    IMG_4344.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 2
YeUI1Hdh.jpg

This is a great shot!

Annapolis bridge, some guy on a sport bike coming down from the ridge on the pipe, no luggage. My guess a Sea Ranch local on a fast loop, wailing away.

About five logging trucks hauling redwood, three empty, that day.

Deep redwood fern forest, ancient stuff.

A couple of miles south of Stewards Point

Attachments

• IMG_4346.jpg
    IMG_4346.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4354.jpg
    IMG_4354.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4347.jpg
    IMG_4347.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 2
Business in the front,

:party in the back,

I can't say for sure, but this location was on the Bad Kobaz, rip down the coast.

Attachments

• IMG_4349.jpg
    IMG_4349.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4348.jpg
    IMG_4348.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 4
New maps from AAA, has the Old Skaggs Spring Rd. rabbit hole that takes you to the bottom and lake level.

This is the road I started down, and bailed. Kinda obsessed with it now, feeling the need to be there.
One can see vineyards on the far hillside, so farming still happens, I don't know what Rockpile road does for access for that.

Attachments

• IMG_4363.jpg
    IMG_4363.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Got a little dirty today. Still had water holes on the single tracks at Carnegie!
tPe8yX2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8EvoC0m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I got symptoms 11 days ago and tested positive for Covid one day after that; just turned negative today. During that time I holed up in a room playing a lot Candy Crush (it seemed easier now than 7-8 years ago), the images burned into my retina. When I was in freeway traffic today I saw candies, especially the big orange candy w/ white stripes about ready to explode. :wtf

Anyway, back to regularly scheduled program.

Presidio

aAo48o9.jpg

vvnxOuD.jpg

QoINY9h.jpg

Fairfax Bolinas Rd

PlWvJEo.jpg

Lauff Ranch Rd

Needless to say, I was totally not prepared to see this...

R14ZMdT.jpg

OhTp9nj.jpg

So I had to take a closer look

czwEb5y.jpg

PJ3BVc2.jpg

Now this was beginning to feel like Spirited Away. Would something weird happen if I entered?

t66DvlE.jpg

I didn't see the boots and socks on the ground at first, but when I peeked inside this small building I saw bare feet and legs - someone was sleeping inside. That was enough for me to turn around and bug out.

vKDmuZl.jpg

705NVyw.jpg

Very fun riding Hwy 1 in heavy fog, until I got stuck behind some very slow cars from Muir Beach all the way back to 101. :mad

hD5UUPT.jpg

9emngrR.jpg

S2V3Alt.jpg

When I grow up I want to ride as much as you!

when I grow up, I want to ride as fast as you! :thumbup

picture.php

Mr kallehof and Mr Eric B on Gold Lake Road, Plumas County. I’d say my bike is the green one, but they are all Kawasaki motos. :laughing

Todays jaunt, 128 north to Boonville, with a side of Fishrock Rd.

The goat roads are giving pain now, Scrammy's rear shocks, toast now, one leaking for a couple of years, other started last year. Add that to I'm under weight for them, original owner up about 350#s. So a history of extra firm, both ends. Both shoulders and my back @ days end, beat, & still sore next day. Tires are thinning, I hope to get to November, Morro Bay for maintence.
I have to measure my travels now, for pain, 50 mile of this, 100 of that.

Ten miles of goat to dirt, Fishrock Rd. and a friendly reminder at the start.

Another pocket grove of redwoods.

Black mailboxes, as seen in Rachel Nv. ??

Attachments

• IMG_4365.jpg
    IMG_4365.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4368.jpg
    IMG_4368.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4371.jpg
    IMG_4371.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 4
Back